Nike Method Mod 90 - I got one!

Thank you for that write up!

I'm clearly in the minority on the looks of this one (the whole line really), but I always enjoy someone finding a putter that really catches their​ eye! Roll it true!

Feeling pretty much the same way, but I certainly enjoyed the early thoughts and look forward to hearing whether it improves your green game!

Enjoy it!

That's a nice looking flat stick you have there, roll it well!

Definitely a nice looking putter. Nike stepping it up.

Great write up, the look of this putter is amazing but I'm just not sure if the offset style will work for me.

Great write up, the look of this putter is amazing but I'm just not sure if the offset style will work for me.

The offset style in the other Method MOD putters? Because this one has no offset.

The offset style in the other Method MOD putters? Because this one has no offset.

Looking at the putter he games, I'm sure he's talking about the lack of offset and if it will work for him.

Holy wow that looks so sessy.

Great write up on the beauty! Enjoy it

That really is one of the best looking putters I've ever seen. I heard from a dude who does a lot of putter research that the bullseye putters are actually the easiest to align. Don't know if I agree or not but there could be some truth to that.

This thing has really been an eye grabber. Can't wait to try one.

Interesting look. Not for my eye however.

Great to see that you found a putter that suits your tastes!

Now THAT"S a NICE, Clean, Awesome Looking Putter!

Thats what I mean. I'm used to a standard anser-style offset, not sure if I could jive with none.

These can be had on eBay for around $225. Thinking I want to figure out a way to raise funds. Love the simple design, sleekness, and just overall package.

FWIW given that I live in a distant land, I picked mine up for the equivalent of about $210-$215 on a Black Friday deal.

It felt quite a lot to pay for a Nike putter, but the lure of a pre-Christmas treat proved too great. :act-up:

Last edited:
Love the looks of this putter! Really wanting to try one of these out since I won't be able to game my Scotty much longer "Stupid Belly Putter!". This will be my go to putter when I switch. Hope the planets align and I somehow could have this putter arrive thanks to THP and the Putter Madness that's going on!

I too am disappointed the weights aren't able to be changed. Get the head weight closer to 400g and I'm in for trying one out.

I do think it feels a tad heavier than the head weight suggests, so worth a try for certain.

I'll have gamed it a couple of times by the end of this weekend with any luck so will provide some real world feedback then. :)

great write up. Very nice looking flat stick.

Unfortunately, weather in the UK has been poor over Christmas so I've played very little golf. I did manage 9 holes in the howling wind and cold, but not the best conditions to really assess and test the putter.

However, from that limited on-course testing, I can say that the putter is very easy to align and it puts an excellent and true roll on the ball. The feel is great as well, the perfect (to me) middle ground between solid and soft.

On the negative side (me not the club), I left a few putts short which is not typical for me whatsoever; to make myself feel better I concluded that was simply me getting to know the club. Either way, it shouldn't be too difficult to overcome during forthcoming rounds.

I'll update with more detail once I've managed more on-course testing, but the weather forecast continues to be somewhat non-golf-friendly over here so it may take a short while...

I still love the looks of this putter. I just really wish they would make one for us lefties. Even if it didn't work for my putting stroke, I'd still buy one for the collection.

Looks like the price of these has jumped. A month ago it could be had for $225, now up to $285. That sucks.

I've now had chance to put the Mod 90 through its paces in less inclement weather, so am finally able to offer some real world feedback.

In short, I'm chuffed to bits! :alien2:

AB2F498D-005D-4A28-B020-729BACD869AE_zpsxg3h6jup.jpg

Obviously, the look of this putter doesn't get boring quickly... and probably never will. It's sleek but simple, futuristic looking but of traditional design, milled from a single block but with 'advanced' grooves, etc. Everything on paper suggests traditional, but Nike have stepped it up with their 'MODern' design interpretation that works both visually and functionally.

Accordingly, this putter is everything I was looking for. I wanted a high-end milled putter, but didn't want to tread the obvious 'Scotty et al' path; I wanted something that differentiated itself from the crowd, but for that differentiation to be substance as well as style.

I know, I know... this is a golf club... but expectations are high in the modern era! And fortunately, Nike delivered.

Regarding performance, first and foremost, the putter is very easy to aim. The majority of my previous putters have had the sightline on the rear flange (a la Mod 60 in James' review) whereas this putter has the sightline on the blade itself, which I find allows me to line up the putt more easily. Furthermore, the simplicity of the blade and zero offset shaft take you right back to basics and this is suiting my eye and my stroke (medium to strong arc) very well. Remember that this putter is the full 90* toe hang, i.e. toe pointing to the ground, which should theoretically suit those of you with stronger arcs in their putting strokes.

During Saturday's game I made all but one putt from within 6ft. The one I missed went exactly as I aimed it, but I was too aggressive so the ball didn't take the break. Feeling confident standing over anything within 6ft (and, actually, quite a bit longer than that) is a wonderful place to be, regardless of whether or not you make the putt. In my opinion, putting well starts between the ears.

Performance with the polymetal grooves is outstanding. The greens I've played recently have been in average condition given the wet and cold we've had in the UK, yet every putt looks and feels to have rolled true and consistently. I've seen no skipping, no skidding, no bobbling, etc. straight from the stroke; the ball has begun rolling immediately along its intended line. Nice.

The feel has also continued to impress me. It feels solid like other high-end milled putters I've used in the past (read Scotty), but is slightly softer. Being perfectly honest, I've spent time with a California Del Mar and, whilst solid, I found it ever so slightly clicky; for me, and I may be biased and subconsciously manipulating my thoughts, the Mod 90 retains the positive solid feeling aspects of the Scotty but also manages to address any concerns I had with it re: clickiness. As I wrote previously, the Mod 90 is neither mushy nor clicky; it strikes a wonderful balance between the two.

So, a glowing review. Surely there must be some negatives? Well, from my perspective, there are two...

1. I doubt this will come as a surprise to anyone. I have made a couple of poor putting strokes over the last few rounds which have resulted in me slightly missing the 'sweet spot'; this was all me and those strokes resulted from lapses in concentration. The resulting putts, as one would expect, felt less solid than a sweet spot strike and resulted in a minor reduction in distance travelled. Such a stroke would not be so short that your putt would fall short of gimme distance, but it may fall short of reaching the cup. This highlights that the 'bullseye' design of the putter isn't quite as forgiving as, say, a larger mallet design putter... but I think we realised that the moment we laid eyes on the Mod 90. On a positive note, this forgiveness aspect is something that pushes me to concentrate more on each and every putt, which can only be a good thing.

2. As mentioned in my original post, the weights really should be removeable to enable easy weight and swingweight changes. This is unforgiveable; I'm sure it would have been very simple and inexpensive, yet would have been a great feature.

Overall, highly recommended. It looks cool and it performs like a winner... I see this putter gracing my bag for some time.

Last edited:
Ive always used Odyssey [FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]putters but i never had a good feel of the ball leaving the face of the putter.[/FONT]NIKE METHOD MOD 00 after a few weeks has been totally different from the [FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Odyssey, you can feel miss hits and distance from your hands to the putter blade.Good golfing all[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]

I played with one a few weeks back at the local shop and really liked it. Kept thinking about this putter and after reading the thread, pulled the trigger on one!

$239 shipped from ebay.

Can't wait for this Friday :)

Back