dethman

Reaction score
Handicap
for the first time ever today, i played 18 holes without seeing a single other golfer on the course. i played oak valley in beaumont, ca and walked on as a single at 1045. there were a few people on the range, walked up to an empty tee. i got through 17 holes without seeing one single other golfer. The only time I saw anyone was on 18 tee, a foursome was walking off the green to their cart. I got around in 2h30min. The course was in great condition too, i guess it was a little chilly around 50 deg. just a little weird, though nice. hope their business picks up.

50 is great weather for golf!! It's -15 with the wind chill here today...

I've seen the course pretty thin at times, but never no one outside of the winter. 60 degrees is more less my cutoff temp wise, so maybe it was too cool for most.

50-60 too cold? I'd kill to have that weather. We started a round in the high 30s in early November...and there were other golfers on the course. You warm weather guys are spoiled and I'm jealous :)

I'm just over the hill from Oak Valley and we started out today at 47F and it finally WARMED UP to 51 after noon (when the sun came out from behind the clouds)
'Course it was 24F up north at the house:blob:

I played with some buddies a couple of years ago here on New Years Day and it was 38* when we hit the first tee....played as a 3 some in just under 3 hours and never saw a soul...when we left there wasn't another car in the parking lot except for the guy working the pro shop

Jacqui and I had the course to ourselves On Christmas Day 2011. Course was closed, but she had the key! I shot an 87 that day, but it was also the first time I ever broke 40 on nine holes. Jacqui went home (we live about 9 minutes away) and put the turkey in the oven at the turn. She came back and finished the round. Excellent day.

Love it when the course is like that. For me its usually when its just getting done raining or when its almost dark out.

I'm fortunate to get that a lot at my club since I play during the week. It always feels like I'm tooling around in my back yard. Enjoy, tranquil rounds like that are some of my favorite.

I was fortunate to have this happen to me at the Hemlock Golf Club in Ludington, MI. I showed up at 8am on the Wednesday after Labor Day. All of the summer vacationers had since gone home, and the locals (I assume) were working... It was the most amazing, peaceful morning I have ever experienced. I still dream of that day.

Jacqui and I had the course to ourselves On Christmas Day 2011. Course was closed, but she had the key! I shot an 87 that day, but it was also the first time I ever broke 40 on nine holes. Jacqui went home (we live about 9 minutes away) and put the turkey in the oven at the turn. She came back and finished the round. Excellent day.

Don't forget the buddy you've never personally met here in Kansas City next time!! I can be at Painted Hills in about 30 minutes. We'll get TH to join us and make it a 4 some.

When the temp gets around 40, and lower, there are only a few on the course. If you want it all to yourself go midday during the summer.
The summers of 2011, and 2012 we had actual temps of 110 to 115, with heat indexes of 125-130.

Our humidity is so high, you could take a goldfish for a walk.

Jackal

empty course

Played Thanksgiving morning on a closed course. Shotgun start was cancelled and the pro swung by just before we were giving up to leave. Told us we could walk all we wanted as long as we were conscious of any greens that may still have frost and stay off. It was pretty freaking awesome to have it to ourselves.

I had this happen one time on a day it was suppose to rain, there were a few other people around but not many. I played 27 holes in 2:35, and it didn't seem like I was rushing one time.

I have never played a round without seeing anybody, but I was very surprised to play a round one summer afternoon and see maybe 4 other people on the course. The day was warm without a cloud in the sky, no breeze at all and spookily quiet, the last thing we expected to see on a day like that - wasn't expecting to be playing but a mate rang me and asked if I fancied a round as he had ended up with a free afternoon so I quickly threw the clubs in the car and headed to the course

It was absolutely perfect conditions for a round and coincidentally the day I shot my best ever round (79)

Kind of kreepy I guess. Its like the "twilight zone" . Imagine if you finished and found you were the only one on earth?

My brother and I experienced this a few weeks ago at The Quarry in Canton OH which is one of the top courses in the state. Was a pretty nice day too, no complaints here.

Love an empty course. That's why I wake up at 4:45 on Sundays during the summer. I'll finally start to see cars in the parking lot when I hit the back nine.

There is really nothing better than teeing off and being the first one to break the morning silence, and not seeing another soul until you're at least an hour into your round or more. Perfect serenity is playing the entire round and just being one with yourself, your clubs, nature and the course. I've done this many times and love it!
Side note, my brother (CGP) and I played 9 holes together this last Saturday afternoon and we were the only ones on the course the entire time. It's not to uncommon up in this part of the country, rural America and all.

There is really nothing better than teeing off and being the first one to break the morning silence, and not seeing another soul until you're at least an hour into your round or more. Perfect serenity is playing the entire round and just being one with yourself, your clubs, nature and the course. I've done this many times and love it!

absolutely. peace and tranquility was exactly how i felt, until unfortunately the serenity was broken by a triple on the 4th hole then a double following. :banghead:

after that it got a bit frustrating until i remembered why i was out there in the first place.

I've played rounds like that before and it is very nice not being rushed. There is nothing worse than hitting a great first shot and then standing in the fairway for 15 minutes waiting to hit your next shot, especially if you're in a rythm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agent Jay is correct, happens quite often in rural KS. One place I played and that happened, and I was shocked, was Spyglass Hill at Pebble Beach. I played with a buddy and we were the last guaranteed tee time to get 18 holes. We teed off as a twosome and didn't see a single other player until we caught another twosome on the 18th, we had to wait for them to clear the green. It was crazy!

I've only had that happen a couple times, and it's usually too cold no one else wants to brave the elements!

Happens every once and a while early in the morning at my home course. I love it!

When I go down to North Carolina in November - generally the rounds my buddy schedules us for - I rarely see anyone else on the course and it is 50 degrees. He just explains to me every time I make a comment about it, that it is too cold - while I am standing there in a short sleeve shirt and shorts.

Edit: Should add that I am not complaining about it. I love it that way! Once in awhile around Rochester, I can catch a couple of courses late in the day and not see a soul. A great time to drop a few balls and practice on a few shots.

Back