Titleist Introduces Scotty Cameron Futura X Dual Balance Putter

I look at this putter and the first thing that pops into my mind is the Taylormade Spider putters. I don't hate this look as much as I did on the previous Futura putter but I think this would be too big and distracting for me.

I'm a huge fan of Scottie's but this one shat the bed, that thing is horrendous looking.

I'll stick to my old tried and true blade.......

Carnage did a write up of this one a couple of weeks ago I'm sure, is this a new new model or the same one he had?
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ameron-Futura-X-Dual-Balance-Putter-My-Review

Definitely on my ponder list, big bucks for sure but in line with new model driver so could justify in my head :D

its the same one, :D

had a record low 33 (awesome for me) putts last week with it...still adore it actually. Its like a pug, cute but fugly.

I'll add that I holed out an 8 fter to win my match and $25 on the 18th hole that day.:D

I look at this putter and the first thing that pops into my mind is the Taylormade Spider putters. I don't hate this look as much as I did on the previous Futura putter but I think this would be too big and distracting for me.

I thought the exact same thing until I rolled it. In person it isn't any bigger than the DLL, but once the putts started dropping the looks didn't matter.

Tapping away on my iPhone

Skim here but I wonder if they will offer this for regular length putters

I thought the exact same thing until I rolled it. In person it isn't any bigger than the DLL, but once the putts started dropping the looks didn't matter.

to me it looks significantly smaller that the DLL. I thought the head on that thing was obnoxious.

Skim here but I wonder if they will offer this for regular length putters

They do and they are just perimeter weighted & not counterbalanced. I was putting with a 35" at Golfsmith a few weeks ago.

The design works. No doubting that. A little cameroning with the finishes and red dots - home run.

yeah, I'm not digging this. I get it, but just the design is not for me.

I like the dark finish but the whole top just looks distracting to me, if you make putts is all that matters though. I wouldn't hesitate to give it a roll.

Carnage did a write up of this one a couple of weeks ago I'm sure, is this a new new model or the same one he had?
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ameron-Futura-X-Dual-Balance-Putter-My-Review

Definitely on my ponder list, big bucks for sure but in line with new model driver so could justify in my head :D

That is a nice review/pics by Carnage and the putter seems to be working for him. The price, as is the case with Camerons, is a bit much but there are many who will try and buy. I will try one when I can (both models), not sure if I would buy one at this time, but you never know.

I should add @ Golf Town that the dual balance model here is $449.99, the standard model is $369.99 OUCH!

Last edited:
^ yikes...I don't know how companies can charge over msrp when Golfsmith has them for 399 and free shipping.

It certainly is an odd looking thing. I expect I would have to practice for hours with it to become real comfortable looking down at it. Then I would putt great and sing its praises, but maybe I would putt better with my current club if I just spent that practice time with it. And something tells me that would be mighty awkward in my bag!

Definitely not a fan of the design. I have seen some beauties released by Scotty, but this one doesn't fall on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awfully similar to several others out there

Thanks for the feedback OH. Might be a good present to yourself to celebrate the new job in MN.

I had the chance to roll one of these at the local Golfsmith today. All I can say is WOW! She ain't the prettiest girl at the dance but she can cut a rug!! :banana:

I own the DLL and while these might look similar the feel and performance were quit different. The Scotty is balanced so perfectly. I intentionally hit the ball all over the face today just to see how different it felt, what kind of line it tracked, distance lost, etc. It didn't matter it I hit it on the toe, heel, or dead center it felt super smooth, held the line really well and didn't lose any distance. I remember when I bought emy DLL it took me a couple weeks to really get a feel for distance control. The Scotty was completely opposite. I was rolling 3 footers and 20 footers on the practice green without a hitch. The price tag is brutal but I'm really thinking that this bad boy is gonna end up in my bag soon.r

Did you roll the counter balanced or just perimeter weighted one? I ask because what you just described was my experience with it, but was with the non-counter balanced version. I'm saving $$ now for one & all the family knows to get me gc's from Golfsmith.

I had the opportunity to play with one of these recently at the Australian Open of Golf. I really was put off by the head but after hitting it loved it. Unfortunately here in Australia it is a million miles out of my price range. Here I've been able to find it for $449 however my wife would kill me. I really liked the weight. Just had to get past the look of the head and focus on my tempo and it was unreal to hit. Been looking for a new putter for a while but spending that might be that bit too crazy for me...

^ yikes...I don't know how companies can charge over msrp when Golfsmith has them for 399 and free shipping.

It is the norm here that golf equipment is more $$ than in the USA, we don't like it but that is the way it is.

I tried both of these models today, indoors at Golf Town. First, it does not matter which model I used they are both "fugly". They rolled the ball quite well, I preferred the 35" model over the counter balance, it had a better feel for me. IMO these putters are nothing special and definitely not for me, I simply have to like the look of what I am using, the Futura X does not fit that mold.

Could not believe how stable this thing was when I tried it out the other day

KG

Just Tapping Away

This thing is about as ugly as a mud fence.

But my goodness... my putting loves it! 2 rounds with it and not a single 3 putt.

This thing is about as ugly as a mud fence.

But my goodness... my putting loves it! 2 rounds with it and not a single 3 putt.

Working well so far, continued success with it.

I'll take performance over looks any day of the week.

I prefer to have both. I have owned a couple of ugly putters, still have 2 of them, one of which still gets used once in a while.

Had a chance to roll this yesterday. I had a hard time getting used to the red top weights as they kept catching my eye. With the counterbalanced grip the putter felt amazingly light. I liked the feel of the larger grip too. It has me thinking about a SuperStroke grip for my current putter. It was however amazingly accurate in speed and aim right from the start. I did have to put it back on the shelf though, but I am pondering.

Back