2014 Callaway Big Bertha Preview

Soooooooo, guess what showed up yesterday for review?

I'll be putting this one through its paces for the frontpage review and as soon as nature cooperates I'll put up some more in hand pics, though JB did a kick ass job in the first post with this one.

Looks really good in hand, I was a fan of the looks in the pics already but the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP dark metal flake blue of the crown is super nice looking and the whole package screams hit ball hard to me in hand. Cannot wait to hit it.

I'll be putting this one through its paces for the frontpage review and as soon as nature cooperates I'll put up some more in hand pics, though JB did a kick ass job in the first post with this one.

Looks really good in hand, I was a fan of the looks in the pics already but the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP dark metal flake blue of the crown is super nice looking and the whole package screams hit ball hard to me in hand. Cannot wait to hit it.

JEALOUS!!! Have fun with that Jman!

I will be following your review very closely! Fingers crossed for some good weather!

NICE! I can't wait to hear more about this one.

That's awesome, James. This one has me more intrigued than the Alpha does, actually. As I believe this one would be a better fit for my game.

That's awesome, James. This one has me more intrigued than the Alpha does, actually. As I believe this one would be a better fit for my game.

I'm 100% with you there, I want to hit the Alpha, but I'm definitely in the broader margin of golfers out there and this one seems like a better fit for my needs:

I'm 100% with you there, I want to hit the Alpha, but I'm definitely in the broader margin of golfers out there and this one seems like a better fit for my needs:

I'm actually thinking the same thing. The alpha will get hit but I am thinking this one is more of what I am looking for.

I'm actually thinking the same thing. The alpha will get hit but I am thinking this one is more of what I am looking for.

Yeah, I just dont think I would get much benefit from the Alpha. Dont get me wrong it is SICK and the technology and innovation is amazing. Still going to hit it like its my job....because it kinda is!! HAHA

Yeah, I just dont think I would get much benefit from the Alpha. Dont get me wrong it is SICK and the technology and innovation is amazing. Still going to hit it like its my job....because it kinda is!! HAHA

Haha! Yeah I think both have a ton to offer but I am going to hit both and see what would be best for me. Who knows what will happen.

Haha! Yeah I think both have a ton to offer but I am going to hit both and see what would be best for me. Who knows what will happen.

One of the many many things I am excited about for the MC is the fact that there is a Callaway Performance Center 40 minutes from my house. Cant wait to get a proper fitting. Whatever they tell me to play will be what I play. So pumped.

One of the many many things I am excited about for the MC is the fact that there is a Callaway Performance Center 40 minutes from my house. Cant wait to get a proper fitting. Whatever they tell me to play will be what I play. So pumped.

My lovely wife has already cleared plans for me to make a 3 hour drive to Scottsdale and stay the night to hit up my nearest Callaway Performance Center. I want to know exactly what I'd hit best before they go and give us a bunch of gear I've never seen before on Sponsor Day, most likely. lol

That's pretty awesome. There is a performance center in Chicago and that is sadly 3 hours away. But I might be headed to a place that might know a thing or two about the new line in just a few days. Might have to see what they say.

With all the new offerings Callaway is putting forth I think they are set up to have a great year and give TM a run for thier money in metal wood market share. I cant wait to try this offering! 2014 is shaping up to be another great year for golf equipment!!

I predict that TM brings back the Burner line next year

I can't wait to hear more thoughts on these from Jman and/or the Grandaddy Crew over the coming days and weeks. I agree with you all that I think the regular Big Bertha is going to be a better stick for me than the Alpha, but man, talk about a company having four very distinctly different driver choices.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Jman. As interested as I am in the Alpha I think this one is better suited for my game.

Well hello there, finally a little daylight without snow on the ground....

DSC_1143-L.jpg

DSC_1144-L.jpg

DSC_1145-L.jpg

DSC_1146-L.jpg

DSC_1147-L.jpg

DSC_1148-L.jpg

DSC_1149-L.jpg

DSC_1150-L.jpg

DSC_1151-L.jpg

DSC_1154-L.jpg

DSC_1152-L.jpg

DSC_1153-L.jpg

DSC_1155-L.jpg

After following the #DreamTeam this weekend at #TheGrandaddy and hearing some tidbits about their experiences with this one at the ECPC I'm insanely eager to get it on course ASAP, hopefully tomorrow in fact. I wish the crown pic did it more justice, the DEEEEEEP metallic blue is freaking gorgeous. This is just a damn good looking driver.

I would do some mean things to that driver. ..Mike likey. ..looking forward to the feedback captain jman

The Big Bertha is a monster. Easy to hit, and all it wants to do is mash a golf ball.

I took several swings with the 9* BB with the stock Fubuki shaft. Several swings I thought "oh, didn't get that one" and the result was still a high bomb that turned over between 2-5 yards. The couple that I did hit on the center -- distance for days, Son.

I did not play with the perimeter weighting. But I do think the BB will be a much more effective club for the vast majority of players. Easy, effortless, and distance. That's what this driver is all about.

The Big Bertha is a monster. Easy to hit, and all it wants to do is mash a golf ball.

I took several swings with the 9* BB with the stock Fubuki shaft. Several swings I thought "oh, didn't get that one" and the result was still a high bomb that turned over between 2-5 yards. The couple that I did hit on the center -- distance for days, Son.

I did not play with the perimeter weighting. But I do think the BB will be a much more effective club for the vast majority of players. Easy, effortless, and distance. That's what this driver is all about.

Seth. Now I want to hit this more.

Just hearing some much about the Bertha and the Alpha over the past week is making it difficult which one I want to put into play next year. Looking forward to some additional reviews of how they work for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the BB is right up my alley. Easy effortless distance is what it's all about.

I'm looking forward to your review, especially seeing the effect of the weighting.

My interaction with the BB was brief, because we had so many things in front of us. But this was a bomber that was just stupidly easy to hit.

That should actually be Callaway's tag line for several of it's clubs: "These are just stupidly easy to hit."

Really looking forward to the thoughts from James and the Dreamteam on this on in the upcoming weeks. First Callaway driver I can honestly say without hitting, I want.

Back