Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Irons Preview

So it IS a Transformer. Awesome!

I should specify, not movable, they are simply positioned differently as the set progresses.

I should specify, not movable, they are simply positioned differently as the set progresses.

I know. I just wanted them to be transformers since they look the part lol.

Cobra launched the BioCell (But not BioCell+) on their website - the design looks to have changed slightly. IMHO the tungsten weights on the outside cells look better. http://www.cobragolf.com/bio-cell-irons

And blue might be right up my alley. Although the Ladies' Pink version might be my favorite.

The colour is a great way to break up the darkness in the cavity. However I kind of wish they coloured the cavity similarly to the women's clubs, but I can appreciate the conservative approach.

Looks a little too bulky for my liking, but seems like a good GI iron. Cobra really making some interesting sticks these days.

Any ETA for the + line?

Any ETA for the + line?

I would imagine January with the PGA Show from what was discussed in Cali, that could have changed of course, but January is the safe bet.

I would imagine January with the PGA Show from what was discussed in Cali, that could have changed of course, but January is the safe bet.

PGA show you say?

I'm pretty stoked to see the + line, if they are more compact with a little thinner sole they'll be hard to resist. I like the technology that went into these, I've heard of grain flow in an iron but never thought about cell structure. I'm diggin them.

I'm pretty stoked to see the + line, if they are more compact with a little thinner sole they'll be hard to resist. I like the technology that went into these, I've heard of grain flow in an iron but never thought about cell structure. I'm diggin them.

Trout, they essentially took the profile of the Amp Forged from a couple of years ago and used that footprint/size.

The + has a shorter overall height AND toe/heel length than the Bio Cell as well as a smaller topline and sole width. WAY more compact.

You don't get to go in the Cobra booth. Sorry.

That's fine. I have a buddy James who will hook me up haha

Trout, they essentially took the profile of the Amp Forged from a couple of years ago and used that footprint/size.

The + has a shorter overall height AND toe/heel length than the Bio Cell as well as a smaller topline and sole width. WAY more compact.

I really liked the Amp forged line, I'm anxious to see them in hand. get some good PGA show pics lol.

Thanks for the info Jman.

That's fine. I have a buddy James who will hook me up haha

I've got practice at it now! If its blue, TAKE A PIC! HA!

Seriously though, crazy eager to finally see the finished product of the +'s in hand next to the Bio Cell's, CRAZY eager.

I think we should get a bunch of 6 irons and send them out for review. This way people can try them out and let everybody know what they think.

I think that is a really cool idea. Sweet!

Yes yes, I fully support that idea!

Need my address? ;)

Oh wow that's a bit of a bomb dropped.

Sounds like a great idea JB. A lot of people seem to be put off by the looks, but good numbers should change that.

I think we should get a bunch of 6 irons and send them out for review. This way people can try them out and let everybody know what they think.

rather good idea

Sounds like a great idea JB. A lot of people seem to be put off by the looks, but good numbers should change that.

I think you are right. Side by side with the six iron sitting in most golfers bags and I bet some minds are blown.

Tell me more

Yes yes, I fully support that idea!

Need my address? ;)

You can ship Cookie's by way of Orlando. I'll make sure he gets it.

Back