Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Mazzeo@MazzESPN11s
. @Enrique_Rojas1 reporting Cano and #Mariners have a 10-year deal for $240 million. #Yankees

Another stupid contract. If was an MLB GM I'd lock up all my young talent and let them fly the coop as their contacts ran out in their early 30's. Paying a 38/39/40 year old guy $20+M per year will hamstring your club's ability to advance. Post rampant PED era the declines are happening much earlier - fewer fewer late 30's/early 40's superstars.

I must be missing something in this whole Cano deal, he is a very good player who I would love to see in a Rays Uni? But is he the best player in the game? Even close?

Beltran 3 years and 45 mil with yanks

Napoli signs with Sox for 2 and $32 mill. SWEET!

Beltran 3 years and 45 mil with yanks

thought they would get Choo, but Beltran is pretty good...Is Gardner trade bait now? (doubt Wells or Ichiro have any value)

Kelly johnson lol

Wonder where Choo goes

I was kind of hoping Choo would be the next card to fall for them. Having Jacoby and him in the OF for say the next 5 years could have been good.

I'm hoping Gardner isn't completely out of the picture.

I was kind of hoping Choo would be the next card to fall for them. Having Jacoby and him in the OF for say the next 5 years could have been good.

Maybe Choo goes back to Cleveland lol...wishful thinking

from an age factor, I would have preferred Choo

Did the braves get anyone?

Beltran leaving St.Louis :( Not liking that.

I think it's clear the Yankees are going to try to win 10-9 every game. Not much on the pitching market right now. They don't have the trade bait for a top end starter. Hopefully next year they can make a SP splash....

Reading that Ichiro to SF for Scutaro is a real possibility. Heard rumors of the Yankees also being interested in a trade for Homer Bailey. Top 6 of the lineup is pretty impressive assuming Jeter and Texeira are indeed ready to go: Jeter, Ellsbury, Beltran, MCann, Texeira, Soriano. (No particular order)

Reading that Ichiro to SF for Scutaro is a real possibility. Heard rumors of the Yankees also being interested in a trade for Homer Bailey. Top 6 of the lineup is pretty impressive assuming Jeter and Texeira are indeed ready to go: Jeter, Ellsbury, Beltran, MCann, Texeira, Soriano. (No particular order)

That WOULD be impressive....if this was 2006! lol

That WOULD be impressive....if this was 2006! lol

If Jeter and Texeira are healthy like I said above, they will score alot of runs with that lineup in that ballpark

If Jeter and Texeira are healthy like I said above, they will score alot of runs with that lineup in that ballpark
It's more than that. Between the 6 of them over the past 3 years they've only got 2 seasons where someone played at least 155 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back