Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am looking to buy a titleist 910 3 wood and a titleist 910 hybrid. I'm just after some advice and what shaft is best to get it in. I currently have a 910 d2 with a aldila rip stiff shaft in and find this suits me. I'm a 10 handicapper but looking to get a lot lower next season. Some much needed advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was skipped over, so I will try and help. Its really hard to recommend a shaft without more information. They are quite personal to the golf swing based on ball flight. Do you have any launch numbers such as launch angle or spin? If not (and most golfers dont), can you answer these questions?

What driver do you have now?
What shaft is in it?
How high or low do you hit that driver?

Hi. I am looking to buy a titleist 910 3 wood and a titleist 910 hybrid. I'm just after some advice and what shaft is best to get it in. I currently have a 910 d2 with a aldila rip stiff shaft in and find this suits me. I'm a 10 handicapper but looking to get a lot lower next season. Some much needed advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not go with the same shaft just heavier in the FWD and Hybo. If that shaft fits you.

Were you fitted into the aldila rip shaft?

Well I need to figure out how it's going to pan out. Depends what I do with my irons I suppose.

What are you looking to use it for though? Just shots around the green? Or for full approach shots as well?

What are you looking to use it for though? Just shots around the green? Or for full approach shots as well?
I guess cause it's cool isn't a good answer! Lol. Yes around the greens, 50 yards and in. With the grind and the bound
ce they had on theirs it was really easy to hit from about 30 yards with a little 1/2 swing.

I guess cause it's cool isn't a good answer! Lol. Yes around the greens, 50 yards and in. With the grind and the bound
ce they had on theirs it was really easy to hit from about 30 yards with a little 1/2 swing.

U grind

Hmmm. That makes sense. That's what it's designed for. Going with the U grind?

Pondering adding an MD2 wedge to familiarize myself with them

I always check the used wedge bin at my local shop. They have a 58 I've waggled a few times. I figured wedges and putters are the two biggest feel clubs. It would be worth picking up a used MD2 to get a little experience with it pre-MC

Jason had a straight shelf grind on his, I'll have to do some thinking about that. My 58 with the u grind is fun to hit

Agreed. That 58 was really fun to hit. Can't wait to put one in the bag.

Been thinking about getting a c kua hybrid shaft.

Such a solid hybrid shaft. Might be able to find some on the cheap on the bay.

I have the 83x and it is heavenly. If you can find one cheap I would recommend picking it up.

I have the 83x and it is heavenly. If you can find one cheap I would recommend picking it up.

eBay has a ton of mashie hybrids with the c kua shaft....just need to pull the trigger.

Still pondering things I can't even see yet, a lot of them.

eBay has a ton of mashie hybrids with the c kua shaft....just need to pull the trigger.

Do it! If you don't like the mashie head then out the shaft in your gamer.

Lol, equipment ponders!

I've been looking at equipment all day.

Why do I want to try EVERYTHING?!?

Lol, equipment ponders!

I've been looking at equipment all day.

Why do I want to try EVERYTHING?!?

Wait til after the pga show and most lines are announced...u will go crazy

Wait til after the pga show and most lines are announced...u will go crazy

Mrs. Slice will be overjoyed I'm sure!
(Actually she does support my golf love)

She does not like listening to me whine!
Lol

I think #DPM (driver pondering Mondays) needs to be a thing so I can ponder the covert tour 2.0 driver head more (probably will get it as soon as it comes out...)

I think #DPM (driver pondering Mondays) needs to be a thing so I can ponder the covert tour 2.0 driver head more (probably will get it as soon as it comes out...)

This would be bad for my pocketbook. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back