The New Callaway Golf - Your Thoughts

I'm actually really excited about their new pricing and manufacturing model. Make, price and sell based on forecasting. When something is sold out, it's gone forever. No more price drop wars.

I'm torn to be honest, as far as the irons go I like the Apex idea but after going back and looking at last years X-forged the apex pro is disappointing, the woods look fabulous though. I love the Bertha rebirth and I love The interaction the company has on the forum, they seem to be the best out there at doing the social media side of things.

They bought a club company of one of the most iconic figures in all of golf and have not used it to their advantage IMO, the Apex should represent that heritage and greatness. I'm a huge Hogan fan though lol so I'm bound to be disappointed.

What a 2013 they had. And from what I'm seeing the '14 line is going to be even stronger. By far the most engaged company for social media. What they have done is close the gap with the #1. This can only be good for us golfers!

Meh, that's all I can say.
I'm not going to argue your point at all because to each their own. But I'm interested in hearing why you feel this way. It's open dialog here

Callaway has really impressed me this year, I think it's great that the employees of the company take the time to interact with the consumer. It's been great to watch the connections via THP and get to know not only the company and employees but how the products start during development and make it's way to production and consumption.

I feel most connected and informed from them compared to any other company.

In all aspects from the top of the bag to the bottom of the bag they seem to have really innovated with options for every golfer no matter their skill level!

I have only hit one of their products for 2014 but from everything I have heard from the people here, they have really seemed to 'up their game'... no easy task from the very successful lineup they had in 2013. Looking at where the company was 3-5 years ago to where they are now is like night and day. They have embraced social media in their advertising and creating a buzz... but that won't last if they don't have the product to back it up, and really seems like they do in their current product lines.

I can't wait to see what's in store and can only hope they continue on their current path.. it's going to be exciting to see their new product developments.

I'm not going to argue your point at all because to each their own. But I'm interested in hearing why you feel this way. It's open dialog here

Like I said in my other post, it's just the look of the new stuff. I love Cally, but I can't love every new thing they come out with.

When I started to play golf, callaway was the name in golf. Didn't matter which clubs callaway were the desired ones. I can honestly say at that time that 90 percent of golfers had at least 1 callaway club in their bag. The Bertha line was everywhere and had the "stuff" to back up their claims. Callaway pre owned was a site I was on almost everyday looking for deals. I'm not sure what happened, but throughout the next few years they seemed to slowly lose ground in marketing. Maybe it was because they didn't jump on board with the newly distance offerings. Maybe it was because of the lines looking exactly the Same and golfers looked for newer looking and performing technology. I'm not an economical analyst so I can only guess and assume. I will say that callaway has always stayed true to themselves. I've got some old clubs that I will never part with because when I played them they were amazing. As far as the "new callaway" I'm impressed with their push this coming year. Bringing back names like Bertha and apex is a great idea and from what I've read they have completely backed up these names with great engineering and technology. Making not only an attractive product, but one that performs on the course. This and adding in the "they get it factor" like sending hats to a classroom , actually being normal people and interacting with us hackers here, and the life changing opportunities they are hosting for golfer makes them a company that seems to really be making strides in the right direction. I'm hopeful to try their new products and follow along as the revolutionize how o.e.m brands interact with their customers....

I'm actually really excited about their new pricing and manufacturing model. Make, price and sell based on forecasting. When something is sold out, it's gone forever. No more price drop wars.

I think its brilliant.

Guys, lets just remember everybody is entitled to their opinions on the product whether you agree with them or not.

Like I said in my other post, it's just the look of the new stuff. I love Cally, but I can't love every new thing they come out with.

I appreciate what you are saying, wait to hit their new line and save judgement of it until then, regardless of looks. You'll thank me later.

From what I can tell they are finally making a push to be #1 again. When I started playing golf the original Big Bertha had just come out and Callaway was thought of as the best, most innovative company at that time. It seemed they stayed that way for a few years but didn't really seem to "market" as well as others (i.e. Taylormade) and got passed, imo. I'm looking forward to seeing what their "plans" are!!

Guys, lets just remember everybody is entitled to their opinions on the product whether you agree with them or not.
I wasn't trying to come across negatively or overbearing. Just curious
That understandable dude. Thanks

I think its brilliant.

It is brilliant. Create demand without eating into your own top line. It's a fantastic business move, and it also helps helps the consumer out because then a potential buyer doesn't have to fear buying a product only to see it get severely discounted a month later

How many companies would take the time to tweet back about my daughters college visit via social media. These guys understand what social media is about and what it is capable of. Their player staff does as well. The gear? Well it was ahead of its time long ago and continues to be at the tip of the spear.

JM

Absolutely, was just wondering what the reason behind the 'meh' was.

I love everything about the New Callaway. They literally have something for everyone. Every skill level can find something in their line and play it well. Not to mention the fact that the people at the company have an open door policy. Golf for the people by the people. Absolutely love it.

A bit off topic but I played with a really old guy on the weekend and he kept going on about how he hated Callaway but offered no real insight as to why. I pressed and pressed and eventually he said that 15 years ago his set of Callaway irons were stolen. Ok then...
Needless to say, I encouraged him to give Callaway another chance as he would be missing out if he didn't. I gave him a Chrome+ to try and he loved it saying it might be his new ball so hopefully he sticks with it.

Back on topic. I'd like to hear more about the Callaway production model that was mentioned...it sounds brilliant at first thought.

There isn't a single product so far I won't seek out and try and add to my bag. Amazing stuff so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit off topic but I played with a really old guy on the weekend and he kept going on about how he hated Callaway but offered no real insight as to why. I pressed and pressed and eventually he said that 15 years ago his set of Callaway irons were stolen. Ok then...
Needless to say, I encouraged him to give Callaway another chance as he would be missing out if he didn't. I gave him a Chrome+ to try and he loved it saying it might be his new ball so hopefully he sticks with it.

Back on topic. I'd like to hear more about the Callaway production model that was mentioned...it sounds brilliant at first thought.

Pretty simple. Forecast the demand and produce to meet that demand. Once the product is sold out, it's gone. No more making retailers buy a ton of stock only to force them to discount it and cut into their margins. No more 'RAZR X White' scenarios.

I think the decision to bring back the Big Bertha line is indicative of the resurgence Callaway is feeling with their entire product line. They think they're back in a huge way. The number of different products they have coming out in the next two months positions them to start the Spring season with a very large array of cutting edge products. I think Callaway is making aesthetically pleasing clubs that are packed full of technology. I'd say that my only big gripe against Callaway is price/value of their new products. While understanding that the cost of new top-tier clubs has descended in the long term, I think the Big Bertha Alpha will need to be a genuinely huge game-changer for most to plunk down $100 more than the Big Bertha, and considerably more than other OEM's top drivers (though some other club makers have yet to tip their hand on their 2014 line). That Callaway markup continues with their other top-tier clubs. It's nothing against the product itself, but their dedication to not cutting retail prices on their top products may come back to haunt them, and makes me wonder what their profit margins actually are on those clubs.

One place that Callaway is absolutely winning is in the realm of social media. Much more than just hype and adverts, the Callaway marketing crew reaches for genuine interaction with the customer base, through Twitter, Facebook, and their Youtube videos frame their products in a real and relatable way to their target audience, while also creating an impression that they are younger and more in touch with the consumer than any other golf company.

They've completely turned around their image from just a couple years ago. No longer are they just an older generation golfer company. Their equipment is flashy, their marketing and advertising makes you pay attention, and their customer service is further enhanced by their social media aspect.

Their 2014 line is going to turn some heads once people can hit them.

Trout, next time we play golf together, don't hesitate to try my Apex Pros. They're night and day different than the xforged.

Pretty simple. Forecast the demand and produce to meet that demand. Once the product is sold out, it's gone. No more making retailers buy a ton of stock only to force them to discount it and cut into their margins. No more 'RAZR X White' scenarios.
It does sound good. I wonder if this is why my local GolfTown told me the Optiforce is discontinued.

I am really liking their equipment over the last year or two, so much so that I put the X Hot Pros and X Hot Driver in the bag. What I am not a fan of though is their new website, I find it difficult to naviagte to find information quickly. With the clubs that are not the latest you can't search out what shaft options were available, etc. Take the X Hot Driver, it is still listed on their site, but you can't see what shafts were offered through their custom selection like you could previously. Same goes for the woods and hybrids.

Back