Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just use a wireless repeater in like the living room to boost the signal. I have one I'm not using if your interested

Thanks, pards! I'll mull that over. I've got a uverse tech coming over this week. They ran a check on system and saw some issues.

Anyone here know how to build a beast gaming pc? I've finally decide do I am done with console gaming but need to upgrade my box. All my peripherals ate top notch but I needa new box. Help please!

Anyone here know how to build a beast gaming pc? I've finally decide do I am done with console gaming but need to upgrade my box. All my peripherals ate top notch but I needa new box. Help please!
I can only imagine how many keyboards will be gone through over the coming months.

It's pretty simple these days. I've built my last 4 PCs and I'm not especially knowledgable.

Here's a great site for info... http://tomshardware.com

They have great reviews categorized by CPU,Graphics, HDD, etc... Including simple charts with performance rankings. Makes it easy to choose your cost/performance options. They update frequently do the data is never put of date.

It's pretty simple these days. I've built my last 4 PCs and I'm not especially knowledgable.

Here's a great site for info... http://tomshardware.com

They have great reviews categorized by CPU,Graphics, HDD, etc... Including simple charts with performance rankings. Makes it easy to choose your cost/performance options. They update frequently do the data is never put of date.
Yeah everything plug and Play helps I just don't know what matches with what. Thanks for the link though I will check it out!

I have done this many times. 3 things matter, processor, ram, video card. Spend your money there. Intel i7 processor or the AND 8 core, minimum 8gb ram, 12-16 is better, and a solid graphics card, stay in the 200+ range will ensure no lag and high FPS. Feel free to PM me with any questions

Well my TV just died so it's time for a 65 incher! Anyone buy one recently??

Im close to getting a 65" Vizio. For the price, it can not be beat. Havent found anything that would sway me away from the Vizio

I bought a 70" Vizio razr and other than the wifi being pretty bad and needing to buy an extender the TV is amazing.

Im close to getting a 65" Vizio. For the price, it can not be beat. Havent found anything that would sway me away from the Vizio

Agreed we picked one up and that is just a great TV.

How much less was the 65 over the 70?

I would have to double check, but I remember thst 65" being a good bit cheaper.

Probably right. The 70 is just under $1600 at Sam's.

Unless you get a "bigger" name on sale, go with Vizio. And buy it from Costco if you can for the warranty.

So, my MBP is really aggravating me. I do run a lot of programs, but lately have been getting a ton of spinning wheel of mediocrity. I'm sure plenty of it is because I'm only running 4GB of RAM, but I really expected this package to be ahead of the curve for at least another year.

I don't want to upgrade. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and go to 16GB of RAM and see if it's a problem solver, I just feel like I already wasted enough money on this thing.

Even the frankenLemon blushes at the awesomeness of 11,000mAh!

They have even bigger, but at that point the convenience is gone. This thing charges a lot and does it fast.

So, my MBP is really aggravating me. I do run a lot of programs, but lately have been getting a ton of spinning wheel of mediocrity. I'm sure plenty of it is because I'm only running 4GB of RAM, but I really expected this package to be ahead of the curve for at least another year.

I don't want to upgrade. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and go to 16GB of RAM and see if it's a problem solver, I just feel like I already wasted enough money on this thing.

It was the reason for my change. Loved my MBP, but it was simply not capable of what I needed without slowing down majorly. I did the RAM upgrade and it did nothing.

It was the reason for my change. Loved my MBP, but it was simply not capable of what I needed without slowing down majorly. I did the RAM upgrade and it did nothing.

That's my fear, and why I haven't upped it yet.. If I throw down 100-150 on RAM and it does nothing, I'll be extremely annoyed.

Guess I'll just suffer through it for another year or so and then upgrade to a Samsung.

Have you upgraded to Mavericks yet? It seems to do a much better job with memory management.

If you have issues with RAM, I downloaded a program from the App Store called FreeMemory that does a good job of releasing inactive RAM.

That's my fear, and why I haven't upped it yet.. If I throw down 100-150 on RAM and it does nothing, I'll be extremely annoyed.

Guess I'll just suffer through it for another year or so and then upgrade to a Samsung.

I was pissed off to say the least. Its funny I have two silver laptops side by side sitting on my desk. One is capable of the tasks I need and one is not. Although one is 8 months older I believe. They have the same amount of memory and the one that is not capable cost twice as much.

Different strokes for different folks, but that spinning wheel of death just got to me after a while. Im sure if I wanted to plunk down even more money, it would have been fine, but I just was not willing to go three times as much as what I got out of the other machine.

Have you upgraded to Mavericks yet? It seems to do a much better job with memory management.

If you have issues with RAM, I downloaded a program from the App Store called FreeMemory that does a good job of releasing inactive RAM.

I do not have mavericks or FreeMemory... I'll have to check them both out. Thanks for the recommendation dude!

I was pissed off to say the least. Its funny I have two silver laptops side by side sitting on my desk. One is capable of the tasks I need and one is not. Although one is 8 months older I believe. They have the same amount of memory and the one that is not capable cost twice as much.

Different strokes for different folks, but that spinning wheel of death just got to me after a while. Im sure if I wanted to plunk down even more money, it would have been fine, but I just was not willing to go three times as much as what I got out of the other machine.

I remember what, a year ago? You were struggling with what I am dealing with right now, and me thinking "I don't understand how it could be so bad for him and not for me.. Well, welcome to your world I guess. I paid the extra money for what I thought would be a superior unit and as it turns out, wasn't at all.

I do not have mavericks or FreeMemory... I'll have to check them both out. Thanks for the recommendation dude!

I remember what, a year ago? You were struggling with what I am dealing with right now, and me thinking "I don't understand how it could be so bad for him and not for me.. Well, welcome to your world I guess. I paid the extra money for what I thought would be a superior unit and as it turns out, wasn't at all.

Hopefully an app can fix it for you. Mine was about 8 months ago. On a high end machine I just expected a little more. I'm just glad it seems fairly isolated, and most people have had great success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back