Sub Shops - The Chains

That is really surprising. I have been to at least 10 different Jimmy Johns restaurants in many different cities, and they have all been very friendly and super fast. Must be poor management in that location.

Actually it wasn't really their fault, yet it was, lol. I had just gotten out of the hospital after a surgery and my GF was down sick with the flu. I called and placed an order that they took, but got a call back that they couldn't deliver because I was out of their 5 mile radius limit. They will not deliver to my house because its about 100 yards over the limit.

I can understand rules and limits, but as a past fast food owner/manager I extended the rules on occassion to offer service to customers, it just makes business sense. They knew we couldn't leave the house, but rules were rules and they wouldn't go that extra litte bit, so my judgement of them was made.

Its been cool watching Jimmy Johns grow. Both my older sisters went to school at U of Illinois in Champaign where it all started, and I spent a year their myself. I really dont like the sandwiches myself anymore, but man they are everywhere.

We only have a Subway locally, but Quizno's is my favorite. I've been to a Firehouse twice and was not particularly impressed.

Its been cool watching Jimmy Johns grow. Both my older sisters went to school at U of Illinois in Champaign where it all started, and I spent a year their myself. I really dont like the sandwiches myself anymore, but man they are everywhere.

It actually all started at EIU in Charleston :D I went there, before they built the new one, and still ran it from the original store. They have since turned it into a tiny little museum I believe.

Jimmy Johns
Quiznos
Firehouse
Mr Goodcents
Subway
Blimpie

In that order for me. I can't think of a time where I went in to JJs and didn't get something I enjoyed. I like Quiznos but like others have mentioned it is more expensive than most on the list. I've only eaten at Firehouse once, but it was solid. Goodcents is a local place but it's reasonably priced and good. Subway has it's ups and downs with me, sometimes I just don't feel I can trust their product. Blimpie is a complete last resort.

Firehouse for sure for me.

Absolutely love there house sauce and I love being able to have a minimum of 50 different hot sauces to try from on my turkey sub!

I had a fully involved hook and ladder from Firehouse today, pretty tasty

I had a fully involved hook and ladder from Firehouse today, pretty tasty

Hook and Ladder is always a go to of mine. The Engine Company, which was taken off the menu for some reason is my favorite. You can still order it though, its turkey and roast beef. Love it

The Engine Company, which was taken off the menu for some reason is my favorite. You can still order it though, its turkey and roast beef. Love it

I thought only I knew this.......

JM

When my mom was sick I moved in with her to take care of her. FH was a savior. Engine company was not on the menus at the time but the guy who always made my stuff suggested that I try it. Later, a FH opened out in the burbs where I live. I ask the guy if he knows about the Engine Company because I wanted one. He says, he needs to check with his manager. Comes back and says the manager told him to give it to me on the house cause its the best one EVER!

JM

I'm a Jersey Mike's fan. Having grown up in NJ, I have never had a better sandwich than I had from a few local deli's there. I am deprived living in CA... for the most part, the food sucks out here. When they put a Jersey Mike's in a couple miles away, I was overjoyed to say the least. It is literally as close to anything I've had back east.

Jersey Mikes makes a mean sub.

Oh no doubt, we had one right down the road when we lived in North Carolina, it was soooooooo good

We just got one down the road in East Peoria, and I tried the meat ball sub and wasn't realy impressed. What kind of sub do you get there?

Firehouse is overpriced for a sub shop IMO

We finally disagree on something hehe. I honestly don't, but maybe thats because I like it so much more than most. It is different than Subway and Jimmy Johns, so I don't think it is a fair comparison.

It is more along the lines of Quiznos or one of the "higher-end" sub shops. I don't eat it everyday, but if I am craving a Sub there is a very good chance that is where I am going

We just got one down the road in East Peoria, and I tried the meat ball sub and wasn't realy impressed. What kind of sub do you get there?

Ham and turkey club was delicious and their Italian is good too.

Ham and turkey club was delicious and their Italian is good too.

Have to try that out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

We finally disagree on something hehe. I honestly don't, but maybe thats because I like it so much more than most. It is different than Subway and Jimmy Johns, so I don't think it is a fair comparison.

It is more along the lines of Quiznos or one of the "higher-end" sub shops. I don't eat it everyday, but if I am craving a Sub there is a very good chance that is where I am going
For some reason I feel like the last time I ate there I paid 8+ for a sub.. Maybe I am wrong. I would never disagree with you haha

Back