2014 Ultimate Club Testing - TaylorMade Golf & THP

I'm a leader now a follower, everyone wants the other sets besides the CBs

I think I would go for the True MB, but who knows, what ever club comes for TM I play so is doesn't matter. 12 lucky THP'ers for this event, chose whisly you must.

Cant wait to see the thread on these, although I wish it was coming out a little sooner as I'm in the market for some new clubs when I get back to the U.S., dont think I will wait but go to a fitting and get some of my own.

All I could think about during my round on Monday was how the lofts of the TPs were going to be different than my current setup. I may have to take an extra 1/2 club or more on some shots, which is fine. Also thought about what I'm going to do about not having an AW anymore. It's a club I use a lot. Any of you guys have a 50ish* wedge you plan on taking to the event to fill that gap? I'm currently at 50* AW then 56 and 60 with my wedges, so I'll probably have a solid gap between the PW and 56.

Ready to put these MCs to work!

All I could think about during my round on Monday was how the lofts of the TPs were going to be different than my current setup. I may have to take an extra 1/2 club or more on some shots, which is fine. Also thought about what I'm going to do about not having an AW anymore. It's a club I use a lot. Any of you guys have a 50ish* wedge you plan on taking to the event to fill that gap? I'm currently at 50* AW then 56 and 60 with my wedges, so I'll probably have a solid gap between the PW and 56.

I'll probably roll 50/54/58 as I have in the past, but at the same time Im not in love with my wedges so I could change that if I wanted to. Will be something I probably decide once I get a good gauge on the CB PW distance

I run a 50, 55, 60 setup now off of a 45 degree PW. With the weaker lofts and assuming a 47 degree PW, I'm adding a long hybrid in my bag and switching to a 52, 58 degree wedge set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having my 54 and 58 bent 1* weak and looking for a 50* to bend to 51* to match the 46/47* PW

From what I've seen in the MB's the lofts are similar to what I have now so it should be a seamless transition and I can keep my 54° and 58° in the bag.

Im getting excited and giddy just reading here. I cant imagine what the participants are feeling... these guys are in for a real treat!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

My 54 and 60 will do me just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Im getting excited and giddy just reading here. I cant imagine what the participants are feeling... these guys are in for a real treat!

Im counting down the days lol, I'm not usually one for doing these kinds of things but I'm glad I did, I feel like a kid that still believes in Santa lol.

Im counting down the days lol, I'm not usually one for doing these kinds of things but I'm glad I did, I feel like a kid that still believes in Santa lol.

Dude you will do THP proud and rock those mbs. Cant wait to read your reviews along with others

Never traveled with clubs. Do you guys insure your clubs? With airline or separate entity?

Never traveled with clubs. Do you guys insure your clubs? With airline or separate entity?

I havent, think Ive flown with them about 8 or 9 times now with no issues

I havent, think Ive flown with them about 8 or 9 times now with no issues

I'm just worried about breakages. I dropped a lot of cabbage on my current setup.

I'm just worried about breakages. I dropped a lot of cabbage on my current setup.

yeah cant blame ya then, I'm sure someone will be able to help you out

I've shipped mine Fed Ex a few times. It's been cheaper than paying for them as luggage and they're insured.

I've shipped mine Fed Ex a few times. It's been cheaper than paying for them as luggage and they're insured.

That what you doing for this event?

I use iron covers and a Club Glove Stiff Arm and I have had no problems.

Irons will probably be fine, but take the heads off of your fairway woods if applicable and put those in pockets. That'll keep the heads and shafts ok. Then buy an arm extender to put in your travel bag to keep it a little more safe. Or go the cheap route and put a plastic kitchen bowl on the top. They'll be alright either way.

That what you doing for this event?

I am going to drive this time. It's only 7 hours to drive, but if I fly into Orlando, I will have 9 hours of travel time by the time I get to the resort and a lot more expense.

Last edited:
Irons will probably be fine, but take the heads off of your fairway woods if applicable and put those in pockets. That'll keep the heads and shafts ok. Then buy an arm extender to put in your travel bag to keep it a little more safe. Or go the cheap route and put a plastic kitchen bowl on the top. They'll be alright either way.

Thanks. Bags going to be extra full for the return trip.

No shipping for me.

Quality travel bag, stiff arm, and some towels around the heads works well.

Remove any adjustable heads as well.

Thanks. Bags going to be extra full for the return trip.

Yeeaaahhh that's gonna be rough for some. Might want to thin the set if you can and go either odd's or even's. Or, just accept it's going to be more on the way back!

Yeeaaahhh that's gonna be rough for some. Might want to thin the set if you can and go either odd's or even's. Or, just accept it's going to be more on the way back!

Southwest bags fly free!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back