2014 Ultimate Club Testing - TaylorMade Golf & THP

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2014 THP Events calendar is going to kick off with a bang. THP will be hosting Ultimate Club Testing with TaylorMade Golf. Come for a weekend of golf, leave with new clubs in your bag.

When & Where
January 17th - 19th
Orlando, FL (just north)
Beautiful Mission Inn Golf Resort & Famous El Campeon Golf Course

This hidden gem of a golf resort is located about 30 miles north of Orlando and while it is well known by those around the area, some have not heard of it. El Campeon (one of their two courses at Mission Inn) is one of the best golf courses in the area based on just about every list that has come out over the last 20 years. You can see pictures of the course on THP right here.

Equipment Being Tested
We cannot give out all the info, but we can say that each person attending will be testing and receiving a brand new set of TaylorMade irons.

TM_TP-1-640x426.jpg

Itinerary
Saturday Morning - Meet Team TaylorMade & Range Time
Each participant will spend time with the company involved to learn more about the equipment they are testing and spend some time on the range getting acclimated to their new set of irons.

Saturday Afternoon - Golf Round
Put the new equipment in play for 18 holes as you test for full reviews. You will be asked to put it through its paces and take notes so that you can update the review thread as you are playing.

Saturday Evening - Dinner Buffet
Sit back and unwind with fellow THPers and the folks from TaylorMade Golf over the delicious Mission Inn Prime Rib and Seafood buffet.

Sunday Morning - Golf Round
Another round of testing on the course similar to the above.

Bonus Round
You receive a 3rd round of golf as part of this package, and that can be used any time during your stay.

Lodging
Each participant will be staying on site at the Mission Inn Resort as part of the package for 2 nights. Check in will be Friday.

Signing Up
THP Ultimate Club Testing is available for 2014 Albatross Club Members only.
If you are not a member, you can read & sign up about that here.
There will be twelve spots open for this event.
Signup Starts Now!

Send an email to golfergal@thehackersparadise.com
You must include your full name
You must include your forum name
RH or LH
You must include your handicap (or a close guess)
And which set of irons you would like to test (below)
CB- Decently forgiving
MC- Some Forgiveness Players Iron
MB- Pure Muscleback
And what shaft stiffness you normally play
After 15 minutes (assuming it fills), GolferGal will begin emailing people to let them know if they got in.

The Finale
At the end of the weekend, you get to keep your newly tested equipment to be named later to continue to review.

Cost
The cost for this event is $429
$100 due at signup*, the other $329 due 3 weeks before event.
This includes your 2 nights of lodging.
3 Rounds of golf.
Dinner buffet on Saturday night.
And your brand new set of irons.

*Deposit is non-refundable

Pairings
Saturday
Mike Dean
Matt Nuthals
MrVandelay
Vman

War Eagle
Blugold
Troyefl
Jman

Mward
Zenger
Fupresti
Erica Doody

Miller Time
Bullitt5339
Trout Bum
Tyler Brett

Sunday
War Eagle
Tomo Bystedt
MrVandelay
Fupresti

MikeDean441
Blugold
Mward
Tyler Brett

Trout Bum
Matt Nuthals
Troyefl
Bullitt5339

vman
Miller TIme
Zenger
Jman

Last edited:
If I wasn't going to be in Florida the week after for the entire week, I'd be all about this one.

Very nice!

Sounds like one heck of a weekend! Good luck to everyone trying to get in, I'm sure 12 spots will fill QUICKLY!

Maaaan this sounds awesome. Too bad my budget doesn't allow flying cross country to Florida twice in a 4 month span...those MC's are calling to me.

in in in in in in

Nice THP! Looking forward to hearing the recaps and reviews when available. Have fun guys!

Would love to try for this event but will be at Disney in just a couple of weeks and can't do a trip to Florida two months in a row. Good luck to everyone attempting to get in, the spots are going to fill in an instant!

This looks like it will be a lot of fun! Cannot swing this due to the $$, but I cannot wait to follow along with the experience

Buffet? 441 is in!

TMaG irons? I'm in

Oh wow! Can't wait for the Sign Ups to open!

Definitely interested in this! Mb goodness!

So sick! THP does it again.
#millisecondsellout

Sounds like a great time. I went to the first TaylorMade ultimate testing and it was a blast. For those who end up going, it will be one of if not the highlight of the year.

Taps away

Time to check the Christmas budget! Merry Christmas to me!

For anyone that is on the fence; DON'T BE!

The golf alone is worth the trip. Everything else is THP goodness.

Having gone through a similar event for the SpeedBlades...this will be truly epic. TaylorMade did this Ultimate Testing right the last time, and I expect no different this time around. Twelve THPers are in for a treat.

What an amazing deal. Less than $500 for all of that? Just insane. Now if only every single Canadian wasn't trying to fly to Florida that time of year and the airlines didn't jack prices it would be awesome.

Going to be some very, very lucky THPers.

That is wicked. Entering ponder mode ...

Already have a trip to Orlando coming up in December so I guess this is off the table. Good luck to 12 lucky THPers who get to take part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be a awesome event and the ones that are lucky enough to participate are going to have a blast!!!

Back