What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in a ball buster tournament. First I had ever done. It was a lot of fun, but holy hell some of the holes were tough. There were 3 tee boxes set up in people's back yards, one hole you tee'd off from a mat in front of the driving range, two holes had you teeing off through narrow windows of tree,s and one had you teeing off over the road. Very interesting.

Played in a ball buster tournament. First I had ever done. It was a lot of fun, but holy hell some of the holes were tough. There were 3 tee boxes set up in people's back yards, one hole you tee'd off from a mat in front of the driving range, two holes had you teeing off through narrow windows of tree,s and one had you teeing off over the road. Very interesting.

What is a "ball buster tournament"? Sounds fun but I've never heard of that.

What is a "ball buster tournament"? Sounds fun but I've never heard of that.

They set the course up as hard as possible. Crazy pin placements, tee boxes way way back. Seriously trippy, but a lot of fun.

Thats just some dedication there. You guys have the heaters at the range?

No heaters, the range is covered on 3 sides which blocks the predominant winds. I had on a long sleeve tee, winter hat and my winter gloves and was comfortable.

My instructor knows getting me to hit balls is not an issue as I'm a range rat when working on something.

Sunday, I played with a couple of our GM's that were in town for the Christmas party. We had a pretty good time but somewhere around hole 10 or 11, I had a heck of a headache come on to the point that I didn't think I could walk. Pretty debilitating but I struggled through. The kicker is I was playing playing pretty solid golf until that point & the wheels just came off. I wound up shooting. 95 or something but was 4 over at the turn. Just a pure kick in the teeth.

That sounds like lots of fun!

Played 18 today, muddy but wasn't too cold.

Thp'd a little sat on the couch and stared at my bag all morning as I watched the snow falling out of my sliding glass door... Had good intentions of a practice session at golftec but it was a no go..

Knocking out some reviews and a round after work. Its a great day.

Nothing...and it's beautiful outside.

Suckage.

Good News - Saw a nice temperature on the thermometer and went to the range this afternoon.
Bad News - I hadn't picked up a club in like 5-6 weeks, and the range results reflected that.

Oh well, bad golf shots are better than no golf shots.

I've been struggling with my irons for the past few weeks, which isn't good when you've got the TM Ultimate Testing coming up, so after a range session I went to the course. There was nobody on the course, so I asked the pro if I could camp out on #10 and just hit shots into the green for a while as long as nobody was coming up behind me and I fixed my ball marks and divots. He said no problem, so I sat on a 145 yard Par 3 and just hit balls into the green 10 at a time, went down and picked them up and repaired everything and do it all over again for over an hour.

This was much better iron practice than I was getting on the range. I had lost a lot of distance with my irons over the past few weeks, so at first I had to hit 8 iron to get to the green, but by the time I was done my distance had come back and I was hitting pitching wedge right to the center of the green. Excellent practice for me, since I have issues with practicing on the range.

I have not done anything golf related today, but today is my golf day. YES, the best day of the week right here, bar none.

Some cardio to stay in golf shape and checked my putter lie in anticipation of counter balancing my SeeMore.

had a lesson, putted on the indoor green, and talked a lot of golf with my coach and another guy at the range.

I've been struggling with my irons for the past few weeks, which isn't good when you've got the TM Ultimate Testing coming up, so after a range session I went to the course. There was nobody on the course, so I asked the pro if I could camp out on #10 and just hit shots into the green for a while as long as nobody was coming up behind me and I fixed my ball marks and divots. He said no problem, so I sat on a 145 yard Par 3 and just hit balls into the green 10 at a time, went down and picked them up and repaired everything and do it all over again for over an hour.

This was much better iron practice than I was getting on the range. I had lost a lot of distance with my irons over the past few weeks, so at first I had to hit 8 iron to get to the green, but by the time I was done my distance had come back and I was hitting pitching wedge right to the center of the green. Excellent practice for me, since I have issues with practicing on the range.

This sounds like so much fun. How well do you know this pro? Heck of a nice guy. Makes every shot more real doesn't it? You lucky duck

Just THPing tonight while watching the final episode of The Big Break that I had to DVR.

Foreshadowing... I like it!

THPing right now while doing some paperwork, the golf fix comes on at 7.
Putt while watching that. Then do some takeaway drills, pump drill.

Midas well! Anytime is a good time for game improvement!

THPing right now while doing some paperwork, the golf fix comes on at 7.
Putt while watching that. Then do some takeaway drills, pump drill.

Midas well! Anytime is a good time for game improvement!
I love how much you are working on your game broski. Just remember what I told you in Vegas. You got the game in there bro.

Hit two large buckets of balls with my irons at lunch.... That's all my golf for today :(

and then my Dad said, "well aren't you just buckets of fish guts"

Putting and short game practice for me today!

I love how much you are working on your game broski. Just remember what I told you in Vegas. You got the game in there bro.

Thanks Ryan! It is in there, and I'm going to find it!

You see my winter get away thread? RJT in Febuary, Alabama. It would be cool to tee it up with ya!

Thanks Ryan! It is in there, and I'm going to find it!

You see my winter get away thread? RJT in Febuary, Alabama. It would be cool to tee it up with ya!

I think beags is from that neck of the woods too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back