DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man!!!

I may be able to, but I have to talk to my boss and see if I can reschedule a project.

Ok so here is where we stand:

February 15 &16th
Format: TBD
Course:TBD

FW
--------
1. afwcardinal
2. capt.dru
3. niteowl03
4. Shakey
5. Staticline
6. Easy8
7. Swiftflow

Dallas
--------
1. Nate
2. threeboysdad
3. Cookie
4. NoLine
5. BigTex
6. Baldguy

Unassigned
---------------------
Matthew
Jank
TripleBogeyTim
TNTCigarGuy
Dtak84

Last edited:
I'm in for the 15 th had to wait to see what the date was to see that I was off that weekend

Do you even still play golf?

Your talking to the Fort Worth City Champion, watch your tone.

of bowling?

Good to know that Aaron's got my back. I'm sure that EDCC's finest would relish a match vs. whatever the entire city of FTW, home of multiple tour HOFer's, can bring.

I dropped something in the 90's last week. It reminded me of of the toughest course it TX. But, it's all part of the master plan.

Seriously tho, life is really getting in the way of my THP golf.

Yes it is, my wife just informed me that she thinks our kids soccer for the spring starts on the 15th......errrrrrr.

Your wife can drive, right? :)

Your wife can drive, right? :)

Wow...nice. Unfortunately I help coach one of the teams. Then add in the Adams golf event 2 weeks later, no bueno. I don't think the schedule is even out yet but looks like for me to play I'm gonna have to do it before the 15th or on a Sunday.

so weather.com has Saturday at 80% of Heavy Thunderstorms. I'm definitely out on that. They're now calling for showers/thunderstorms Friday afternoon, too... ugh. Still in for tomorrow and I can handle some light rain, but thunderstorms will keep me away.

Wow...nice. Unfortunately I help coach one of the teams. Then add in the Adams golf event 2 weeks later, no bueno. I don't think the schedule is even out yet but looks like for me to play I'm gonna have to do it before the 15th or on a Sunday.

C'mon man, don't dish whatcha can't take!! Haha, you know I'm messin' withcha!

so weather.com has Saturday at 80% of Heavy Thunderstorms. I'm definitely out on that. They're now calling for showers/thunderstorms Friday afternoon, too... ugh. Still in for tomorrow and I can handle some light rain, but thunderstorms will keep me away.

I think we squeak by tomorrow but Saturday is looking at a very high chance of rain. Will likely cancel first thing Saturday if it doesn't change.

C'mon man, don't dish whatcha can't take!! Haha, you know I'm messin' withcha!

Oh, I didn't take that badly, just stating some new facts that were brought to me! Since we're still in the planning phase and nothing is locked into stone yet, we can still discuss other dates or options. Just wanted to bring it up now before we locked anything up!

Sounds good, I'm fairly flexible on dates. If it's a weekend I have my kids then I will only play one day.....so will have to see if the date gets changed as to what I can do.

Sounds good, I'm fairly flexible on dates. If it's a weekend I have my kids then I will only play one day.....so will have to see if the date gets changed as to what I can do.

I think a one day event is going to be the best. For those that come up for the weekend, I'm sure others will play that day before or after but to get as many people as possible to play, I think a one day, maybe 27 or 36 (daylight permitting) would work.

I think a one day event is going to be the best. For those that come up for the weekend, I'm sure others will play that day before or after but to get as many people as possible to play, I think a one day, maybe 27 or 36 (daylight permitting) would work.

Ryder cup on 27 holes that change after each 9?
First 9 best ball, Second 9 alternate shots, last 9 match play?

Just got this from Big D Golf... And thought I would share......

TIME LEFT

0*days*14H:03M:39S

Regular Price

$46*

Discount

63%*

Purchased

BUY NOW

DETAILS

Includes 1 round of golf, cart and sales taxValid Monday-Friday anytimeValid Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays after 11AMExpires 2-13-2014Cannot be combined with other offers or discountsProper golf attire requiredAll sales are final

DESCRIPTION

Oak Hollow Golf Course

3005 N McDonald St
Mc Kinney, TX 75071

Phone

(972) 562-0670

Located in the heart of McKinney, Texas, The City of McKinney's Oak Hollow Golf Course has quickly become the community's favorite place to host company golf leagues, charity events and*annual golf tournaments.

In May of 2010, we held the grand opening of our new 7300 sq ft, clubhouse with full service grill and bar.* Other amenities include an indoor swing room with launch monitor and high speed cameras, 2700 sq ft. lighted pavillion, 40 bay 300 yard driving range and 2 fullsize practice greens with practice bunker.*

Over the past*three years, we have put*in more than*150 trees all over the course. Capital improvements*are always at the top of our list.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ryder cup on 27 holes that change after each 9?
First 9 best ball, Second 9 alternate shots, last 9 match play?

Waterchase has their 18. And, next door is the Jim McLean Academy that is a 9-hole track....very challenging. A 2nd 18, on the par 3 course, would only take 2-3 hours. The have carts available.

I don't know the condition of the par3, since the Waterchase guys are taking care of it anymore. But, for an all par-3 course, only the greens matter. Plus, in February, who knows.

For 1-day, RC type fomats in 18, 27 or 36 holes, we just have to be creative:
18 holes: 6 holes 4ball, 6 holes 4some, 6 holes of singles
27 holes; 9 holes 4ball, 9 holes 4some, 9 holes of singles
36 holes: 9 holes 4ball, 9 holes 4some, 18 holes of singles ( or 12, 12, 12)

#Cookie,
If my daughter has a soccer came that day, I'll give her a map, compass and bottle of water....just for you.

Yes it is, my wife just informed me that she thinks our kids soccer for the spring starts on the 15th......errrrrrr.

Family excuses...

On another note I have an idea that could get us a stay and play at a course with unlimited golf for $100 over 2 days which might make it a little easier on everyone if that's something that interests everyone

Family excuses...

On another note I have an idea that could get us a stay and play at a course with unlimited golf for $100 over 2 days which might make it a little easier on everyone if that's something that interests everyone
$100 *including* lodging? what is this magical place?

$100 *including* lodging? what is this magical place?

The Links at Lands End in Yantis, TX. I played there this past August and it was a blast. They have duplex type housing which can hold I believe 24 people. Good, challenging course right on the lake. The $100 was with my Avid Golfer coupon, but I know they offer Idealgolfer as well. I would be willing to call and try to see if they will honor the deal with no coupon for a group of 24 if its something that interests people. I played 72 holes in 2 days out there and had no problems waiting on people or getting around the course quickly. The $100 does include lodging so the only additional cost would be food.

one word - yes.

Considering we have to accommodate Nate why dont we look at moving the date to February 1st and let's just lock it in. That give enough time between the Adams event and gives us time to plan

Family excuses...

When are you guys doing this? I might wanna see if I can drive down!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's where I thought you were going. I have been wanting to get out there for a while but have not made it.

I'm good with whatever weekend as of right now.

I am going to be on the road on the 30th and trying to figure out how to enter Adams right now. I do not want to miss that!

2/1 works for me.

I agree. Lets lock it down and start getting this thing planned out. That way we can get an accurate head count. Im good for Feb. 1st. The 15th was better date though but i guess im not big time enough to keep that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back