The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I like the winners being announced in the evening. When I found out I was at work in the middle of trying to explain a solution to one of my tm. My email notification goes off, I read it, literally dropped my phone. ( thank you trident case). Customers are coming through the door so I can't even get on the forum. I'm helping people and get sooo many Tweets and messages the customers are looking at me wondering what's wrong with my phone( which was awsome)... finally it slows down and I'm able to get on the forum...evening is definitely better..

I agree 100% with the evening announcements. I also found out when I was at work as I was heading into a meeting. Keeping everything somewhat in was pretty painful ha ha. Good luck to everyone tonight. Im leaving work a little early to make sure I am home to see the announcements and please have cameras rolling!!!

I'll try "reverse psychology luck"...I'll be sitting in the toilet when the announcement is made so it would be most inconvenient to be picked, which should result to better chances of being picked.

will u be filming??

What did she end up saying about it?

"I'm supposed to go to Chicago that weekend" was her first response. Then, "If you want to do it, then let's make it happen."

"I'm supposed to go to Chicago that weekend" was her first response. Then, "If you want to do it, then let's make it happen."

Say my wife loves to go to the big cities so she is always up to traveling.

That is a keeper brother!

Say my wife loves to go to the big cities so she is always up to traveling.

FYI, Pawley's Island doesn't fall into the "big city" category at all.

hey I came from a town of 300 people so if its bigger than that its large.

hey I came from a town of 300 people so if its bigger than that its large.

Yeah, it's a bit bigger than 300 people!

Good seafood though. Melissa and I went to a nice restaurant there by the water and had a great dinner together. Then we walked around by the dock and such. I enjoyed!

See it will be big time for us country folks.. Last time I traveled down to Florida and only thing I brought were jeans. I think I found out no one wears them on the beach's there.
Yeah, it's a bit bigger than 300 people!

I'll try "reverse psychology luck"...I'll be sitting in the toilet with the webcam on when the announcement is made so it would be most inconvenient to be picked, which should result to better chances of being picked.

Tried something similar before haha

Question for the newest members of the Morgan Cup Family. Has it sunk in yet? HOw are you dealing with your new status as a rock star. How is the social media aspect treating you?

Question for the newest members of the Morgan Cup Family. Has it sunk in yet? HOw are you dealing with your new status as a rock star. How is the social media aspect treating you?

Hopefully I can get back to you in 2.5 hours ha

Seriously I'd be interested on hearing this as well

While I'm not brand new to the welcome party, it's my first MC. I noticed I get a lot more retweets and thanks on my posts. Unfortunately I'm just not a wordy person as they're usually short and to my point. I do kinda feel bad about that and I'll see if I can improve some of that as the names start to be unveiled.

Even with receiving a nice package from my sponsor yesterday, I'm not sure if it has completely hit me yet.

As far as social media goes, one of my sponsor reps, Alex, has been pretty prolific as of late on Twitter, and it's really cool to have that interaction.

Honestly I'd love to say it's set in. Pretty sure it's just starting too. Reading words and emotions from others and watching the videos is great but I'm pretty sure it has nothing on being there. I cheer on all these others because it's truly a unique and great feeling and can't wait for others to feel a little piece of what I am. The social media is pretty new to me. Didn't have twitter vine or Instagram until thp contest. Though I'm glad I do now. I use twitter more than i ever thought i would...I ponder what is to come in the next months. Equipment, teams, self goals, team goals.. sponsorship practice and meeting others in this amazing whirlwind of an experience. I can't lie, I get a giggle(yes I said giggle...A manly giggle) or a ear to ear grin when I'm walking by myself and the mc pops in my head. It hasnt truly set it, and really I'm glad it hasnt..

Even with receiving a nice package from my sponsor yesterday, I'm not sure if it has completely hit me yet.

As far as social media goes, one of my sponsor reps, Alex, has been pretty prolific as of late on Twitter, and it's really cool to have that interaction.

Tour rep PM's will do the trick

That is a keeper brother!

A week later it become, "I moved my trip to Chicago, so we need to find someone to mind the kids so I can come with you."

While I'm not brand new to the welcome party, it's my first MC. I noticed I get a lot more retweets and thanks on my posts. Unfortunately I'm just not a wordy person as they're usually short and to my point. I do kinda feel bad about that and I'll see if I can improve some of that as the names start to be unveiled.
If only we could capture your blinking, we would be all set...love you brother!

Mike is right, that first PM from your tour rep get everything rolling!

Honestly I'd love to say it's set in. Pretty sure it's just starting too. Reading words and emotions from others and watching the videos is great but I'm pretty sure it has nothing on being there. I cheer on all these others because it's truly a unique and great feeling and can't wait for others to feel a little piece of what I am. The social media is pretty new to me. Didn't have twitter vine or Instagram until thp contest. Though I'm glad I do now. I use twitter more than i ever thought i would...I ponder what is to come in the next months. Equipment, teams, self goals, team goals.. sponsorship practice and meeting others in this amazing whirlwind of an experience. I can't lie, I get a giggle(yes I said giggle...A manly giggle) or a ear to ear grin when I'm walking by myself and the mc pops in my head. It hasnt truly set it, and really I'm glad it hasnt..
Keep it bro and rememer we are here to assist you. Welcome to the ride we love to call the MOrgan Cup

It has sunk in but I still feel like it just happened 20 minutes ago. I still have that giddy feeling and I still can't believe i get a chance to be a part of this event. Your whole mind set changes in regards to how you approach the winter. I am doing a full TPI regime and started putting when I have some free time. I want to not just take this for granted but give it my all and play the very best I can with this opportunity

KG

Just Tapping Away

Have to admit, this is the most nervous I have been in awhile. While I have submitted entries for the previous spots, I really feel like my Callaway spot was good and I have a good chance. Whatever happens though, I hope that the 4 newest members of the MC team enjoy all of the awesomeness that make the MC and THP unique.

I'm not sure when it will truly sink in, I have a feeling I will have my head in the clouds for the next 7 months! As far as social media goes, I'm trying to get into the swing of things. I've never had followers on twitter before, so there was never any need to post anything.

Hpefully I can let you know in a couple of hours Mr Panda man. :D

Even having done this before, it is different this time. I do see more people thanking my posts, which is either because this has allowed me to be a bit more well known, has caused me to post more than I was, or someone thinks it will help them gain entry for themselves...which I will categorically say I have no say over. I do have to say, it's a bit intoxicating to be a captain for this event, with all these other great guys who are Captains, Assistants, Staff, or Contest Winners...it's very heady company indeed. I can't wait to have the six other folks known that will join me and John on Team Hackers.

Particularly as a captain, I do think about trying to set a good example when it comes to submitting social media entries both for the various contests as well as some here and there in general. Particularly knowing that social media will be a requirement this time, I also view it as good practice to get used to some avenues I hadn't used before.

The other thing I try to be cognizant of is trying not to play favorites during the contests. It's easy to want to share this experience with people you already know, but I do understand that as a captain, I should be a bit more careful with my words than if I was standing alongside trying to get in, again going back to possible perception versus the reality that we learn the winning names along side all the entrants. We will have a great field for the 2014 Morgan Cup, and already have quite a few new faces joining the "rock star" status that it brings.

More than anything, I'm just trying to take it all in and enjoy the entire ride without rushing a single day. The experience of being a captain for one of these team events is something I never even dreamed of, and I want to enjoy it to it's fullest because it will be over before we blink.

Back