Bluetooth Speakers For Golf

I bought a UE Boom over the summer and have been really happy with it so far. It's about the size and shape of a large RedBull can and is fairly rugged/water-resistant. It's set up for omni-directional sound so the music is still clear whether the speaker is laying on its side, sitting in a cart cup-holder, or dangling from my bag (there's a carabiner clip on one end). I can take the speaker in to the shower with me as long as it isn't getting hit directly with water, which allows for the awesome post-round "shower-music plus shower-beer" maneuver :drinks:.

Pros-
- Sound is better than the other bluetooth speakers I've heard (Bose, Jawbone, JBL)
- Bluetooth connection is very stable. I can have my phone in my pocket across the fairway from the cart and still maintain connectivity.
- Huge battery. After a full 18 holes of playing music quietly in a cart, there's still ~75% battery life.

Cons-
- Pretty heavy for the size.
- The volume settings aren't quite as fine-grained as I'd like. Some songs end up being either too quiet (can't hear when the cart is in motion) or just a bit too loud (music can be heard more than 5-10 feet away from the cart).

Honestly if Im playing music during a round, my phone speakers are loud enough and good enough quality. I'd hate for my music to be heard by the other cart or another group and be a nuisance.

Honestly if Im playing music during a round, my phone speakers are loud enough and good enough quality. I'd hate for my music to be heard by the other cart or another group and be a nuisance.
This is my thought as well. I only listened to music once this summer, and even coming from my cell phone speakers, I was hesitant that it might have been interfering with other groups nearby.

Anyone use any device while walking? Any ones that work well attaching to your bag or push cart somehow?

You could put any of these in the net of a clicgear

You could put any of these in the net of a clicgear

I wasn't sure if there was any with some type of clip or something. I don't have a push cart, so didn't even think of the net, that works though.

I'm going to have to check out some of these. I would love to have a good set of bluetooth speakers to use on the course. Just not something I've looked into much.

I wasn't sure if there was any with some type of clip or something. I don't have a push cart, so didn't even think of the net, that works though.

I believe some do have a carabiner attachment you could use on your golf bag. Those will be much smaller options I would imagine

Bose Soundlink Mini would probably be my choice if I wanted one for the golf cart. I have the Soundlink II and it's awesome!!!

Has anyone used a beats pill?

Thinking of picking one up, my sons headphones have good audio quality.

Has anyone used a beats pill?

Thinking of picking one up, my sons headphones have good audio quality.

What's wrong with the speaker that was run over by a cart? They expensive.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I use the Eco Extreme by Grace. It's (a) relatively inexpensive; (b) produces enough sound for the golf course; (c) is waterproof; and (d) mp3 player or phone and money can be put inside it. I hook the carabiner clip thingy over the beam to the roof of the cart and it hangs from it or it hangs on my push cart. Here are a couple of images of it. Batteries have a good lifetime to them.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Eco-Extreme.jpg

Like this thread. I've recently started looking for some speakers myself for the more casual rounds and when the course is empty. Thanks all for sharing your opinions.

I have looked at several of these, I just don't know how much I would use it

We sell a lot of different speakers at Verizon. Everything from low end-40 bucks to highend-300 bucks. Ive heard just about all of them and the UE Boom, Moto Deck by Sol Republic, JamBox (both mini and Big, if you can find the mis size one its the best i think) and Altec Jacket I think are the best we offer. The Boom sounds great and has a 360* sound feature. The Moto Deck has a feature called Heist Mode that allows you to pair up 5 phones to it and everyone can play music through it.

I personally am not big on music on the course, it wouldn't bother me but I'm never thought it would be great to have some music playing while i play. So I have no idea how any of these would work on course, but for just all around use all of them would be great options.

I don't have one... But in scrambles one of my friend's has the Ihome one that was pictures above it worked well and battery stays charged the whole round and it has good sound quality.

If I would buy one I might do that one or my priority would be sound quality, portability (fits comfortably in the cart and isn't obtrusive) then battery life... I mean you could always buy the cArt charger that was reviewed earlier too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I typically walk and when I am playing by myself I will bring the Philips Soundshooter - small, light, rubber protective case with a carabiner clip to attach right to the bag (looks like a grenade). You can easily find one for $40. The sound is good but not great but it is perfect while playing golf and not worrying losing it and breaking it.

For pure convenience and the facts that it is cheap and fits in a cup holder, the JAM wireless from HMDX.

Picked up one of these last week and I don't know if you can beat it price wise. I am probably going to get another one for the office.

THP has a bunch of these being shipped to us for a round up, so to speak, and will have some highlights from each one coming soon.

After playing with music, the first time ever, during our Grandaddy rounds, I spent two days on the internet researching reviews and ratings (my wife says it's a sickness, always researching before I buy). Cnet has a top-ten as well as many other sites that review electronics and audio equipment. The Bose Soundlink mini was listed in almost all reviews, but it was also toward the top in cost. The UE boom and others from the company were rated #1 as well, especially when features for the price were added-in. Sound quality was quantified and was always a part of the reviews I read. There are high-end speaker makers in the game as well, but they had speakers for $400-$500! To "rate" properly, categories by a price-range might be needed, because what might actually be the "best" might be too expensive for many in the market. Most sites I looked at do this; give a best overall tested, then give the best in a price range.

To give Joe some credit, the JBL Charge was consistently rated in the top three/four in its price range. That's why I used my $50 Amazon card and picked one up for $98! Keeping my phone charged while using an app like Pandora that sucks battery, plus keeping cost at or less than $100, with good bass and sound quality, were the factors that helped me decide.

One more note on the need for a speaker that also charges, running Pandora simultaneously to Golflogix on my phone, I definitely needed a speaker with charging capabilities!!!

No question JBL Charge is a great model. Just didn't agree with the absolute, especially given the feature set was the reason and many offer that now. Just one man's opinion anyway.

No question JBL Charge is a great model. Just didn't agree with the absolute, especially given the feature set was the reason and many offer that now. Just one man's opinion anyway.

No doubt!!! There are some Bluetooth ones that are not mass-produced that give UNBEATABLE sound, for sure! I listened to a couple at Best Buy that were better for sure! There were a couple for $300 that didn't sound as great too...

Last edited:
No doubt!!! There are some Bluetooth ones that are not mass-produced that give UNBEATABLE sound, for sure! I listened to a couple at Best Buy that we're better for sure! There were a couple for $300 that didn't sound as great too...

And this is why we are going to put a few to the test. Because for golf, they have different needs such as battery life, form factor, etc.
Looking forward to doing it.

Back