Regrip your brand new putter?

teed-off

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering if you automatically re-grip your brand new putter before leaving the store/club fitter with your current grip, or do you play the stock grip for a while to see how it goes?

I have done that with the last 2 putters I bought.
I liked the putter but not the grips.

I rock the stock grip for a while.

I automatically regrip because I fell in love with the SuperStroke Ultra-Slim 1.0....but I do it myself. Because of this, I may putt around with whatever grip is on it initially, but always end up regripping.

I had my SC for a couple weeks before getting a SuperStroke put on it. I wanted to see if I liked the pistolero grip, I didn't. I normally just putt with whatever grip the putter comes with but from now on will more than likely play a SS.

I really like the Winn on my Cleveland Classic so far, but I would really like to try a SuperStroke 1.0.

I've gotten so used to a Superstroke grip that I generally try to get one of my putter ASAP. With that being said, I think the next putter I get I'll try the stock grip longer as I've changed my putting grip to something a bit more secure even without a SuperStroke.

I regrip right away to a super stroke 2.0. Any other grip would feel weird

Just wondering if you automatically re-grip your brand new putter before leaving the store/club fitter with your current grip, or do you play the stock grip for a while to see how it goes?

I re-gripped my current putter as soon as I got it home brand new. I know what grip I like, so there was no question for me.

Ya I've put on Super Stroke 3.0's on my last 2.

I have never regripped a new putter as soon as I bought it.

I put a SS 3.0 on mine right away because all of my clubs have oversized grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never regripped right away, but I did just recently buy a SS 2.0 for my putter. If I like and do well with the SS, I will put those on all my new putter purchases.

I've never regripped a new putter.

I have never regripped a new putter either, I generally buy one with a grip I like. I love The factory grips on Scotty Cameron's and Bettinardi's.

I just order the grip I want on whatever putter I order from SeeMore

I've regripped more putters than I can count I have a good idea when I feel the grip if I'm gonna like it or not. Makes the decision easy for me if I don't like it I'll change it I always have 5-10 grips on stock just in case I need one.

In the past I used the grip that came with, however I've started using super stroke and I wouldn't go back to a a stock grip is get a super stroke on there ASAP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wanted to regrip my scotty asap, didn't like the size of the pistolero. havn't ever regripped as soon as I bought, though.

I usually keep them on for a season or so to see if there a correct fit. I have the Iomic one on now, by far the best grip I have had on my putters.

I have the Super Stroke 2.0 on all of my putters, so it goes on right away.

I regroup with a SuperStroke as soon as I get home with a new putter. I've made a habit of keeping the stock grip though.

I have only regripped a putter one time and that was long after I had bought it. I think if I found a grip I loved I would do it instantly though.

I am so used to a bigger grip now that I have a real hard time with most stock grips. Usually I'll go with a Winn mid size but have dabbled with the super stroke grips as well.

Always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back