#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Plus the Panda might make an appearance :golf2::thumb:.

That would be pretty sweet too. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting foe him a little on the lasts contests since he was going for Chad.

Skipped the gym to to hit balls at golfsmith instead... tried the apex irons with a few different shafts in them (I'll update that thread with thoughts) and spent about an hour with my mid irons just trying to get some nice swings in and dust off some rust. Felt good!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Ole Gray and I are going to have more fun than a coon in the hen house on our road trip down and back to #theking. See I'm already working on my OleGrayese so that I'll be able to communicate! :)

This will be a blast to follow! Give'em hell boys! #imwithharry

Might be a good idea for Callaway to hire an interpreter for this visit, lol.

I wonder what Harry has in store for this event. He does nothing small so it'll be exciting to find out

Might be a good idea for Callaway to hire an interpreter for this visit, lol.

Or at least have subtitles On THP tv

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Ole Gray and I are going to have more fun than a coon in the hen house on our road trip down and back to #theking. See I'm already working on my OleGrayese so that I'll be able to communicate! :)

I got us a camper lined up so we can have all the luxuries of home on the way down :thumb:

#imwiththeclampetts

KG

Just Tapping Away

I remember this thread when it was going on, just didn't make the Championsgate connection. I went back and perused the thread again, wow, that place looks awesome. Night golf looks like it's going to be a blast.

THP #theking #imwithchad

From those shots the International looks a touch tougher than the National. I'm excited about playing both. Have had these on my Orlando list for quite some time and I'm looking forward to scratching them off.

Freddie got a few of us on there after the summer. And wow what a great facility. You guys are going to have so much there especially those on the winning team of Harry

ok guys, I got out in 38 degree weather today and played 9 to try to knock the rust off my swing. #TheKing will make you do things you wouldn't normally do!

ok guys, I got out in 38 degree weather today and played 9 to try to knock the rust off my swing. #TheKing will make you do things you wouldn't normally do!

Events like this give you an entirely different perspective of the game. It fuels the passion for practice and improvement. I look forward to seeing how everyone handles this new outlook on golf!

Events like this give you an entirely different perspective of the game. It fuels the passion for practice and improvement. I look forward to seeing how everyone handles this new outlook on golf!

I hear ya. My game bounced between low/mid 70's and low/mid 80's last year from round to round. No real consistency. I show up in Atlanta and shoot 83 in the Invitational and while I hate I didn't help my teammate it really didn't bother me much because I had a blast and met some new friends. However, I don't want to show up at #TheKing and drop 83's...

Typically I am just starting to play in April due to weather around here and on any other April 24th I would probably have 2 rounds and maybe 3 visits to the range under my belt from the prior year. I expect that to change this year, I would love to be running on all eight cylinders come time for #TheKing!

I hear ya. My game bounced between low/mid 70's and low/mid 80's last year from round to round. No real consistency. I show up in Atlanta and shoot 83 in the Invitational and while I hate I didn't help my teammate it really didn't bother me much because I had a blast and met some new friends. However, I don't want to show up at #TheKing and drop 83's...

Typically I am just starting to play in April due to weather around here and on any other April 24th I would probably have 2 rounds and maybe 3 visits to the range under my belt from the prior year. I expect that to change this year, I would love to be running on all eight cylinders come time for #TheKing!

From my experience I will say it takes quality over quantity practice. Start working short game and putting.... Which can be done inside in any weather with some ingenuity really.

So I'm probably planning to travel down to Orlando on Thursday so that I can have a full day there on Friday and then set Monday aside for a travel day coming home. I guess I'll need to book a room for Thursday night/Friday morning and also for Sunday night/monday morning.
Do these rooms fill up fast? It looks like a massive resort so I can probably wait until we know more about the logistics.

Still a while away from booking anything, but i could be in the same boat for Sunday night. I would probably be looking offsite at a different hotel to save some $$$

You know what this is going to be?

Awesome!

Ole Gray's analogies are awesome.

I'm planning on getting some more lessons. We have an indoor dome that offers lessons, plus a short game / putting area. It's small, but there is a slope to it, so it's not just hitting straight putts. Also has a little run off area to work on chipping / pitching. I will also get some simulator time. While not perfect, they do do a decent job of reading the ball / shot characteristics. Coupled with my roll out putting strip and garage net, I have no excuse to not at least swing a club, or roll some putts everyday.

I will also fly down to Seattle at least once, maybe twice. I have some friends down there who play a lot. While there I will make a trek to Bellingham and get in a round or two with Skibumgolfer. I'm also going to take a customer on a golf trip somewhere warm before then, probably S. Cali. We will do a couple of plant tours, and a bunch of golf. Hoping this is enough. I've been on the edge of improvement for a while. Everything was starting to click at the end of last season. Hoping all this work will lead to improvement.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Sounds awesome Rob, keep me posted! May even be able to marshal the troops and get a foursome together with checkered and that Harry hooligan, ArmyGolf.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hard to believe this event is going to be played a little over 3 months from now. Amazing start to the 2014 golf season!

Back