Intimidating tee shots!!!!!!

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
This is a picture taken from the tee on no.18 at Scottburgh Golf Course on the Natal south coast in South Africa. I played for our high school team and this was where we played our comps and practiced. This tee shot would scare the crap out of tour pros! It's not the longest par4 in the world but you tee off from a seriously elevated position that feels even higher thanks to the sea in the background. As well as this the landing area isn't visible from the tee and it looks like you're hitting over a jungle, there's OOB all down the left, and to the right of the fairway the rough is deep and slopes severely from left to right. To rub salt in the wound, the prevailing wind is a SW and that blows HARD from right to left. If any of you have pictures of similarly intimidating tee shots then please post them here.
PS: It's not me in the picture.

That's a very nice view. Tough when the ball stays in the air so long

Here are a couple of toughies that I faced this year:

16-1-1.jpg

10-1-1.jpg

I defy you to hit this fairway. I've seen 50 shots on this hole and probably only 5 hit the fairway...teeing off a 300' cliff and the fairway slopes hard left to right.
9_hyde_mountain_hole4_shuswap_golf.jpg

I defy you to hit this fairway. I've seen 50 shots on this hole and probably only 5 hit the fairway...teeing off a 300' cliff and the fairway slopes hard left to right.

Funky, but gorgeous

The 1st tee at any THP event.

I've only been to one event, and teed off towards the last group. But it was a little unnerving.

Hopefully that will pass.
Just make me tee off first at hilton head to test it! Lol

What course is that Army? I play out your way every summer.

This x1000. When you can't even get the ball on to the tee you know the nerves are taking over.

What course is that Army? I play out your way every summer.
Hyde Mountain in Sicamous, BC. about 5 hours northeast of Vancouver. It's a bit of a gimmicky course with some crazy elevation change but you won't find better scenery on a golf course anywhere.

I birdied this hole last December. Yes, it was lucky.

I went a bit long just rolled into one of the back bunkers I landed on the green but man they are fast I played same week as the senior tour stop on the big island a few weeks after the PGA guys had been there the pro told us because so many pros were in town and had used the course to tune up the greens were faster than normal and the rough was a bit higher (I took the pic just after my shot)

The signature hole at kings north in myrtle beach is pretty nasty if you go for the island fairway. I'll never forget that hole. Somehow birdied it on my only try. The rest of the course kicked my tailside though. Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty crappy feeling after hitting a duck hook into the woods (Atlantic City & Connecticut). Pretty amazing feeling piping one out in the fairway in front of everyone (both rounds at Championsgate and the Saturday afternoon round at University Park).

Oh man I will never forget that first tee shot in AC! One of the first groups to go off and all of those other THPers watching me. #Nerves and I put it near the woods haha

Good times

I've only been to one event, and teed off towards the last group. But it was a little unnerving.

Hopefully that will pass.
Just make me tee off first at hilton head to test it! Lol

For the record, it doesn't pass...I think I'm like 0 for 8.

First tee at mc....invitational pressure times a billion

This is the truth. There was a lot of joking towards me for the NE invite and I tried brushing it off and playing it off like I like the pressure but I'd be lying pretty bad if I said that, that wasn't the most pressure I've felt on myself.

This is the truth. There was a lot of joking towards me for the NE invite and I tried brushing it off and playing it off like I like the pressure but I'd be lying pretty bad if I said that, that wasn't the most pressure I've felt on myself.

Thank god for the "Breakfast Ball" that day or I would have been toast!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

#15 at PGA National and it's just a par three. All water, distance and wind!

Back