Mirrorless Camera Systems

They are the best camera site out there. Might be a bit more expensive, but have awesome customer service. They make sure to take care of you.

I actually prefer Adorama personally, but thats just me.

I recently picked up a Sony alpha NEX-5k for my girlfriend for xmas along with a 16mm fixed focal lens. I was blown away by the quality of the photos and the speed of the camera. It shoots faster "rapid-fire" than my SLR Nikon d3100 by far. It also has a nifty little feature in the panoramic shot with on camera stitching plus with the pancake lens, she is able to carry it in her purse with ease. The only complaints I have had with it are the lack of a built in flash (have to screw one on to use) and how most of the manual settings are buried in on screen menus.

Other than that, it is a very nice camera in a smaller size that doesn't sacrifice quality photos.

I actually prefer Adorama personally, but thats just me.

I have never been there. I need to check it out.

Here are a couple indoor, at night pictures I took with the Sony NEX-C3 with the stock flash. I agree with most of the comments online that the kit flash isnt that good.

Close up of a plant on the table:
DSC00027.jpg

And a low light one of one of the dogs:
DSC00029.jpg

So far Im pretty happy with it, cant wait to take some outdoor pictures with good lighting. And I need that better flash.

c6e4e252-e24b-fa69.jpg
those would be much more convenient to lug around than this guy.

Tap before talk.

Exactly the reason for our change. Lugging around our DSLR cameras and lenses is a nightmare at some events. Add to that extra video gear and it is a great thing for us.

Here are a couple indoor, at night pictures I took with the Sony NEX-C3 with the stock flash. I agree with most of the comments online that the kit flash isnt that good.

Close up of a plant on the table:

And a low light one of one of the dogs:

So far Im pretty happy with it, cant wait to take some outdoor pictures with good lighting. And I need that better flash.

Nice Kevin! Those pictures look great!

The more I use this camera, the more I love it. The video on it is awesome compared to really any camera I have used in the past. Mic Jack and Flash add quite a bit and the quality is awesome.

OMG, the speed of the camera is flat out amazing!

The more I use this camera, the more I love it. The video on it is awesome compared to really any camera I have used in the past. Mic Jack and Flash add quite a bit and the quality is awesome.

OMG, the speed of the camera is flat out amazing!

Been aboot as obsessed with cameras as I have shafts lately and this one just keeps coming up! This and the coolpix s100 which I'm going to own at some point! It just does it all and all the photos Ive seen taken with it have been amazing!

I just want to give a quick shout out to the Nikon V1s that have been with us all week. All of the pictures you have seen and will see have been taken with them, and most on the fly in a rush.

The kicker though is that all the video you are seeing was shot with these as well.

I just want to give a quick shout out to the Nikon V1s that have been with us all week. All of the pictures you have seen and will see have been taken with them, and most on the fly in a rush.

The kicker though is that all the video you are seeing was shot with these as well.

That's pretty cool JB! Impressive systems that you guys have picked up. Not in the market now, but these have to be considered when the time comes. Love seeing the high photo and video quality in one smaller device.

I was planning to get the wife a new DSLR for her birthday coming up. You guys just turned me around on that one. Thanks!

JB, which cameras will be used at the PGA show this year, the V1s?

JB, which cameras will be used at the PGA show this year, the V1s?

Like last year our V1s will be used. We have multiple lenses for use and then we also have 2 additional video cameras, although the V1s do just fine at video as well.

Like last year our V1s will be used. We have multiple lenses for use and then we also have 2 additional video cameras, although the V1s do just fine at video as well.

Awesome, I can't wait to see the coverage. What do you use when you need a flash?

Awesome, I can't wait to see the coverage. What do you use when you need a flash?

We have an external flash on each camera that attaches to the V1s.

We have an external flash on each camera that attaches to the V1s.

Excellent, I was trying to compare the V1 to the J1 and saw the J1 had an internal flash.

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I'm now shopping for a camera. At first I thought I was going to get an entry level dslr but after seeing this post I think I'm convinced I don't. I now know check THP first. :).

So, for those of you that have/had both. Is the new mirror less they way to go? My uses will be everyday photos. Some action shots and video. We're buying this for the arrival of our first child in about a month.

The cameras of been considering are the Nikon 1 s1 or j3. Sony nex 5r. In the dslr, the ones I was considering canon t3i or Nikon 5100. My budget is $700.

Anybody have any experience with the Samsung NX300?

I looked strongly at Samsungs before going with the Nikon series. It just came down to a few features and I believe at the time lenses were cheaper for Nikon.

I looked strongly at Samsungs before going with the Nikon series. It just came down to a few features and I believe at the time lenses were cheaper for Nikon.

Can get a really good deals on some of the Nikon's right now. The only reason I am looking at the Samsung's is the wifi and interface with my S4. The also have a cool form factor but in the end that is not as high on the priority list.

Can get a really good deals on some of the Nikon's right now. The only reason I am looking at the Samsung's is the wifi and interface with my S4. The also have a cool form factor but in the end that is not as high on the priority list.

I agree about all of those features. Check out lens prices and compare them and that might be the decision maker. They may have come down now. The other thing I would say is that check out the flash on both of them and see if they are external or add ons, etc.

I love your cameras, those images are incredible

Is not having a view finder a big deal?

Which lens is better with everything else being equal 18-55 or 20-50?

I love your cameras, those images are incredible

They're SO fun to use. Loved getting to rock them at the PGA Show and in Cali.

Back