TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

while I do some other reshafting work tonight, think I might throw some spinner shafts in the 54 and 58.

while I do some other reshafting work tonight, think I might throw some spinner shafts in the 54 and 58.

will be interested to hear your thoughts on that combo ddec...I ,love the KBS wedge shaft but there is always room for improvement...

I picked a set of these up off EBay and saved a ton of money due to them being stamped ARP for the asset recovery deal or whatever. I guess ARP clubs freak some people out because they don't have the warranty but I'm a cheap ass so I was quite happy to save the money. They got here this morning and I took them out to the range today and really enjoyed them. I love my Callaway X Forged wedges but these to me just seemed idiot proof. I would definitely recommend them to a higher handicap looking to move away from wedges that come with your irons. I can't wait to get them out on the course, and if you're having any doubts at all about them just remember they do have a US Open championship under their belt with Justin Rose, lol just saying.

* Full swing distance doesn't seem to be there yet

For me, they never got there. In the end, the missing yardage and the strange reaction of the sole out of some lies combined with the versatility of my RTX 60 led to the decision to change it up.

if you play anything more than stiff flex shafts I'd be careful of wedge flex...

Wedge flex is actually traditionally more stout FWIW. Wedge flex doesn't mean soft, it's all about flight without ballooning.

if you play anything more than stiff flex shafts I'd be careful of wedge flex...

right now i have a old sw and the pw aw that came with my rocketbladez in reg flex. i know i need a new sw bad i was looking at the vokeys or 588s but i can get 3 clubs for the price of one!

Wedge flex is actually traditionally more stout FWIW. Wedge flex doesn't mean soft, it's all about flight without ballooning.

I thought that most wedges use S200 or S300 if they are using DG shafts

I use an x flex shaft in my driver and wedge flex shafts work just fine for me

I use an x flex shaft in my driver and wedge flex shafts work just fine for me

really? I play X in every club except my wedges and hybrids and those are all tipped, and wedge flex is wayyy too whippy for me..

really? I play X in every club except my wedges and hybrids and those are all tipped, and wedge flex is wayyy too whippy for me..

How hard are you getting after your wedges?

With wedges,I find a wedge flex shaft optimal as I depend on them for so much more than full shots and that is where this flex becomes optimal. Sure,swinging out of my shoes may be whipping, but those tweener shots are where the flex becomes beneficial.

How hard are you getting after your wedges?

With wedges,I find a wedge flex shaft optimal as I depend on them for so much more than full shots and that is where this flex becomes optimal. Sure,swinging out of my shoes may be whipping, but those tweener shots are where the flex becomes beneficial.

idunno, I hit my 54* 120-125 with a full swing, if that's any help.

idunno, I hit my 54* 120-125 with a full swing, if that's any help.

About the same distance as me, and I play incredibly lightweight shafts throughout my bag.

Maybe it's all about preference and feel,as we all know it's such a personal game based on preference and want.

My 54* is the most consistent club in the bag, but I don't like to hit full shots with it. I find much better results hitting a longer club 3/4 than the 54 at a full swing.

the site i listed has the shaft as
  • Shafts: Steel Uniflex

are these the KBS shafts?

the site i listed has the shaft as
  • Shafts: Steel Uniflex

are these the KBS shafts?
if they're straight from TM, the stock shaft is the KBS Wedge shaft (which is wedge flex).

Yea, I have 2 ATV's that are both wedge flex and I hit them pretty good, even on full strength shots.

I think they traditionally use S400.

Vokey use S200 in lofts above 52* an S300 on below 52*
others have use a mix of all three s200,s300,s400 in the past
I believe that nike is the only one putting thin in off the rack currently

What is the cheapest anyone has seen these new?

These wedges have been out about 18 months. I wonder it Taylormade plans on updating them anytime soon.

Back