The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is J-Cam coming back?

Serious?

Schiano was handed a terrible hand to play with, and once he got rid of a cancer on the team and started making some good strides, he got the axe.

Agree to disagree. I think Schiano is cut from the same cloth as Saban, which works great in college when they can control everything and pick all of their players, but doesn't work well in the pros.

Agree to disagree. I think Schiano is cut from the same cloth as Saban, which works great in college when they can control everything and pick all of their players, but doesn't work well in the pros.
Perhaps, but I think Schiano had the team going in the right direction. Especially with the improvements made from Glennon being at QB.

I knew seeing a Bucs Freeman jersey on clearance this morning for $4.99 was an omen that I should just root for another team. Because I cannot root for Lovie.

Come to the Jaguars. We have... umm... we have...

Nevermind.

Buck sign Lovie Smith..

I like that signing, underrated HC

Sometimes I don't get this thread.

See my reply to you in the "What are you drinking" thread from yesterday.

Same thing.

Haha I know you didn't mean it that way but I felt like an a** after you said that. You are totally right though.

No it wasnt. It was Monte Kiffin's defense. He was the mastermind behind it after watching tape of the Steel Curtain and seeing what made them tick and realizing that player speed was similar. Dungy has claimed it, and ran with it, but it was Monte's scheme. Lovie has said he was playing it in Junior High, which is ridiculous and he was merely a pawn under Monte that got promoted for the wrong reasons due to his friendship (among other things) with Dungy.
While it may be Kiffin's scheme (I personally don't care), I've read up on Dungy's coaching style and why he was successful with the Buc's and Colts. The method of his conditioning, coaching, personnel and techniques is why the defensive players were successful.

I'm with ya. Least it wasn't about Romo.
I don't really care when it is about Romo because I get the fact that people like to poke fun at him and Cowboys fans. Most people who understand football know that Romo is a solid QB.

I don't really care when it is about Romo because I get the fact that people like to poke fun at him and Cowboys fans. Most people who understand football know that Romo is a solid QB.
I think if reasonable fans were honest they'd tell you they'd take him on their team, minus a few teams with hall of fame quarterbacks!

I never do. But I am someone who doesn't care enough about a lot of things to ever get so passionate that I need to argue a point. It's not necessarily a good trait to have, but it's who I am.

At the end of the day it is just a game. I understand why people care so much but it really isn't worth getting upset about it.

I never do. But I am someone who doesn't care enough about a lot of things to ever get so passionate that I need to argue a point. It's not necessarily a good trait to have, but it's who I am.

Geeeze Morgan.....you don't know anything!!!! That comment was way off base! How dare you!!

He-he

At the end of the day it is just a game. I understand why people care so much but it really isn't worth getting upset about it.

That's my thought as well. It's amazing how heated people get. Not saying it's wrong, because everyone has a different personality, it's juts not mine. Sometimes I wish I cared more, but I think I am too lazy or something. It takes too much effort. ; )

Geeeze Morgan.....you don't know anything!!!! That comment was way off base! How dare you!!

He-he

Screw you Nate, you are dead to me now! :smile:

It is a fact that Nate knows NOTHING about football at any level. Seriously though I like when people voice their opinions but everyone should be prepared to have others disagree with them. It's no big deal.

As a Bears fan, I'm sorry Bucs fans. I wouldn't like this hire if I was you.

This tweet tells me all I need to know about the hiring of Lovie;

As a Bears fan, I'm sorry Bucs fans. I wouldn't like this hire if I was you.
hahaha I'm torn.

You think the Bears/Smith would have won a Super Bowl if we had a different GM during that time? I hated Angelo oh so much.

I like Lovie Smith and I think he is a solid coach. I am the first to admit that I know nothing but I still like it.

hahaha I'm torn.

You think the Bears/Smith would have won a Super Bowl if we had a different GM during that time? I hated Angelo oh so much.
No. Angelo was awful. But I think Lovie is overrated as a defensive coach. There were several years in there where the D was pretty bad. The best D he ever had was under Ron Rivera in the Super Bowl year. Number 1 ranked I believe, might have dropped to number 2 at the end. How does he reward the DC of the best D in the league that just went to the Super Bowl? Why, fire him of course. He lost me there. His ego is wayyyy to big, especially with the D. He has no clue what's going on on offense, but he always hired the OC. The Bears paid big time for that, and ultimately he did too. And he REALLY likes to hire his friends above all else. That also cost him and the Bears, except for the Marinelli hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back