The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Angelo was awful. But I think Lovie is overrated as a defensive coach. There were several years in there where the D was pretty bad. The best D he ever had was under Ron Rivera in the Super Bowl year. Number 1 ranked I believe, might have dropped to number 2 at the end. How does he reward the DC of the best D in the league that just went to the Super Bowl? Why, fire him of course. He lost me there. His ego is wayyyy to big, especially with the D. He has no clue what's going on on offense, but he always hired the OC. The Bears paid big time for that, and ultimately he did too. And he REALLY likes to hire his friends above all else. That also cost him and the Bears, except for the Marinelli hire.
I hear ya, the Rivera one was bad. Real bad.
Remember the Martz OC hire? That was a disaster.

I hear ya, the Rivera one was bad. Real bad.
Remember the Martz OC hire? That was a disaster.
Ooof that was brutal. And the Mike Tice experiment was terrible too. Remember after they got rid of Martz? They said, "Who isn't going to want this job?", or something along those lines. They thought they would fill it no problem. No one wanted it! Promote Tice was the only option they had.

In Lovie's defense, I can't recall a year the Bears were not top 15 in the league for total defense. We were never obscenely bad like we were this year.

I really hope Mel Tucker understands defense and this was all a fluke due to injuries.

In Lovie's defense, I can't recall a year the Bears were not top 15 in the league for total defense. We were never obscenely bad like we were this year.

I really hope Mel Tucker understands defense and this was all a fluke due to injuries.
Most injured defense in the league. Most games missed by starters. Has to account for something... 2007-2009 was probably the worst stretch.

Was reading through THP on my phone, and iPad and for some reason on the phone the last thread shown was from the 28th.

So I grabbed the iPad and posted.

Should have read through....

Was reading through THP on my phone, and iPad and for some reason on the phone the last thread shown was from the 28th.

No worries dude! It's all good.

Dude! NO worries at all!

It's the damn refresh button!!! You have to do it when you go back a page!! It's gotten me too in the past.

After watching Baylor this year, and seeing the struggles of RG3 in his second year in the league... I have to wonder if he is merely a product of a system?

The last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, the average cost of a gallon of gas was $1.11. That's what 20 years does.

The last time the Chiefs won a playoff game, the average cost of a gallon of gas was $1.11. That's what 20 years does.
Yeesh. Well, I'm pulling for them, Smalls!

Yeesh. Well, I'm pulling for them, Smalls!

We had a quarterback named Montana. The first of a series of San Fran QBs to come through Kansas City. Hope Smith is more like Montana than Bono and Grbac.

We had a quarterback named Montana. The first of a series of San Fran QBs to come through Kansas City. Hope Smith is more like Montana than Bono and Grbac.
Ah yes, that Montana guy. How'd he end up doing? (I kid, I kid.)

Interesting to see that tickets are selling very fast for the Packers game.

Bears just announced a Jay Cutler 7 year deal. 7 years, wowza.

Bears just announced a Jay Cutler 7 year deal. 7 years, wowza.

Womp womp womp womp

Really interested to see the numbers on this one. Wouldn't be surprised at all if most of the "real" money is in the first 2-3 years and he could be cut without much of a penalty after that.

Really interested to see the numbers on this one. Wouldn't be surprised at all if most of the "real" money is in the first 2-3 years and he could be cut without much of a penalty after that.

He is a decent QB. Problem is the Bears need to readjust their focus. They were successful when they focused on running the ball and playing defense. With Forte back there and some pieces in place on D, they would be alot better off if they didnt rely so heavily on his arm.

That's what I'm thinking. Guaranteed money is the big question. Highly doubt he is with the Bears through the 7 years.

He is a decent QB. Problem is the Bears need to readjust their focus. They were successful when they focused on running the ball and playing defense. With Forte back there and some pieces in place on D, they would be alot better off if they didnt rely so heavily on his arm.
They have arguably the best WR tandem in the NFL. They're gonna throw it, no matter who ended up the QB.

A lot of injuries on D this year. Hopefully they can turn it around next year with everyone healthy and through the draft.

They have arguably the best WR tandem in the NFL. They're gonna throw it, no matter who ended up the QB.

A lot of injuries on D this year. Hopefully they can turn it around next year with everyone healthy and through the draft.

Of course they are going to throw it. But how much more effective would Cutler be and Marshall and Jeffrey be, if teams were putting 8 in the box playing the run? Opens up so much more of the field.

Of course they are going to throw it. But how much more effective would Cutler be and Marshall and Jeffrey be, if teams were putting 8 in the box playing the run? Opens up so much more of the field.

drp is wise. Don't forget that their coach is a QB guru that wants to throw the football. Some could argue that having an offense geared around throwing the ball isn't the best idea for a team that plays in Chicago with the weather at all, but they have 2 stud WRs, why not make those guys the focal point of the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back