Callaway Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

Hello Callaway staffers and everyone else for that matter.

Some awesome putters in there, I can't wait to see what they have in store for 2014!

Not sure if this is okay to post in this thread but do they do putter fittings at CPC's and if so what tools do they use for putter fittings?

The guy who did my fitting used the Ping ipad app to do my putter fitting.

Some awesome putters in there, I can't wait to see what they have in store for 2014!

I'm wondering if there will be a Tank #7 in the Metal-X line. I'm probably going to be gaming the Tank in the Morgan Cup, since I'm currently gaming a counterbalanced putter. I'm really comfortable with the counterbalanced putters.

Last edited:
With the knowledge of the guys who were in the Granddaddy the Callaway staffers have some great info just a few clicks and taps on the key board away!

With the knowledge of the guys who were in the Granddaddy the Callaway staffers have some great info just a few clicks and taps on the key board away!

It's hard to not get excited about equipment with all the goodness coming from the Grandaddy guys!

There is so much good stuff going on right now in the Callaway camp it's not funny, they are bringing it to 2014.

Amen to that...I know I've been hanging on their every word and thought.

Yep, you center shaft people are getting some love this year. One thing I mentioned in the Grandaddy thread was something Koske said - basically they were given the freedom to put out some of these niche models that they weren't able to do in years past.

Yep, you center shaft people are getting some love this year. One thing I mentioned in the Grandaddy thread was something Koske said - basically they were given the freedom to put out some of these niche models that they weren't able to do in years past.

I appreciate the fact that they have taken two nice lines (Versa and White Hot Pro) and have just built upon them with more options, instead of releasing whole new lines to replace them with. I know the MXM is a new line, but at the higher price point, combined with the new options in the other two lines, it is clearly not meant to replace the Versa and WHP lines.

Like Golfinff said, feel free to ask any questions about the new line. I, and all the other guys from the Grandaddy, would be happy to answer any and all questions. It doesn't have to be about putters. Feel free to ask in here, other threads or shoot a PM. I would be happy to help.

I appreciate the fact that they have taken two nice lines (Versa and White Hot Pro) and have just built upon them with more options, instead of releasing whole new lines to replace them with. I know the MXM is a new line, but at the higher price point, combined with the new options in the other two lines, it is clearly not meant to replace the Versa and WHP lines.

I think it's a smart move. Versa was really popular and the WHP series was probably the best 'base' series they've done in a very long time.

I think it's a smart move. Versa was really popular and the WHP series was probably the best 'base' series they've done in a very long time.

I understand also that they have created so many iconic designs particularly with both heel and center shafted options that there are too many SKUs for them to offer in a single year, so staggering them over a two year period is a great option for the consumer as well.

Not left handed CS.. According to Greg Sabella there will be nothing offered in any of their lines in LH.

I understand also that they have created so many iconic designs particularly with both heel and center shafted options that there are too many SKUs for them to offer in a single year, so staggering them over a two year period is a great option for the consumer as well.

Koske described the SKU's as an arc with a really, really, really long tail (to account for the less popular, but loudly demanded lines). In the past, accountants made them chop that tail off. With Brewer at the helm (an equipment guy), they are allowed to let that tail grow. Big win for consumers.

Not left handed CS.. According to Greg Sabella there will be nothing offered in any of their lines in LH.

Not as of right now Dev. Just flip over a RH and give it a whack that way. Problem solved!

Lots of exciting stuff coming from Callaway...
  • Player signings (Henrik, Matteo, Harris, Pat Perez, and more?)
  • X2Hot lines soon to be available
  • Berthas like five weeks out
  • Brand new design models from Odyssey
  • New entries to the Versa and WHP lines
  • SR line golf balls
  • Last Callaway staffer for MC contest
  • Couple of weeks until PGA show coverage

So excited to have the opportunity to represent a company moving in the right direction so quickly.

Your forgot a bullet point Donne:

• Hawk gets the X2Hot Pros and Big Bertha in hand, among other things.

I'm very excited about those irons. I can't wait for other to get their hands on them. I think people will be surprised at how nice they are.

I would love to be on team Callaway once again....New Metal X #7 in my hands could be very deadly!

I think Donne's list is perfectly fine. All of the important stuff is there.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: I cannot wait to have the general public try the Big Bertha line. An absolute home run.

Lots of exciting stuff coming from Callaway...
  • Player signings (Henrik, Matteo, Harris, Pat Perez, and more?)
  • X2Hot lines soon to be available
  • Berthas like five weeks out
  • Brand new design models from Odyssey
  • New entries to the Versa and WHP lines
  • SR line golf balls
  • Last Callaway staffer for MC contest
  • Couple of weeks until PGA show coverage

So excited to have the opportunity to represent a company moving in the right direction so quickly.

Yup. More.

I wasn't sure how quickly you Grandaddy guys were going to start receiving the best new gear...I know I and the other seven will anxiously await your continued thoughts.

We aren't sure either, but one of these days!

You're going to love it dude.

I'm not sure what the numbers are saying, but, from what I'm seeing it certainly isn't going to take any 5-year war for Callaway to be on top. The products just keep on coming and they've been simply awesome from a performance standpoint. I can't wait to get fitted for a bag full of the 2014 offerings. I have a feeling my bag my be turned over long before July rolls around.

I wasn't sure how quickly you Grandaddy guys were going to start receiving the best new gear...I know I and the other seven will anxiously await your continued thoughts.
Donne when the get here I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Fire me a pm or whatever works.

I sense the Versa 1-Wide calling my name. Something about combining Versa's alignment with a face-balanced blade just sounds really hittable to me.

Anyone have a chance to give the 1W a roll? How'd you like it?

Back