The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they are going to throw it. But how much more effective would Cutler be and Marshall and Jeffrey be, if teams were putting 8 in the box playing the run? Opens up so much more of the field.

Well yeah that would be awesome. Forte is an awesome RB, but he also benefits from Marshall/Jeffery. Teams can't put 8 in the box because of those 2, they also can't drop everyone into coverage because of Forte. It's really a good setup.

Well yeah that would be awesome. Forte is an awesome RB, but he also benefits from Marshall/Jeffery. Teams can't put 8 in the box because of those 2, they also can't drop everyone into coverage because of Forte. It's really a good setup.

What time is their playoff game this week? :alien:

Really interested to see the numbers on this one. Wouldn't be surprised at all if most of the "real" money is in the first 2-3 years and he could be cut without much of a penalty after that.

I agree, I bet it is super front loaded. If it is, smart deal on the Bears part.

I don't think it's a bad signing, Cutler is a solid, above average QB. There are very few Peyton Mannings, Drew Brees and Tom Bradys out there, so if you can lock an above average guy up, you do it, no questions asked IMO.

What time is their playoff game this week? :alien:

Same time as the Falcons' :alien:

Seriously though, the offense was really solid this year, in it's first year with a whole new coaching staff and system. Hopefully should only get better.

Same time as the Falcons' :alien:

Seriously though, the offense was really solid this year, in it's first year with a whole new coaching staff and system. Hopefully should only get better.

Go check my twitter feed to see how I feel about the Falcons this year. I would never use the words "It's a really good setup" when describing their offense...or defense...hahaha

Go check my twitter feed to see how I feel about the Falcons this year. I would never use the words "It's a really good setup" when describing their offense...or defense...hahaha

I will attest to this heheh

I'm hoping this deal is a lower yearly total, higher guaranteed money total. That's the only reason I can think of it being so long. The Bears had a lot of contracts expiring this year, so a low yearly salary would really help with the salary cap. And obviously more guaranteed money is good for Jay.

Haha, oh I know. It was the Bears D that cost them this year.

Bears just announced a Jay Cutler 7 year deal. 7 years, wowza.

Not to thrilled with this. He's a decent QB but he needs to get rid of that gunslinger mentality. If he can focus on getting it to the right guy and not trying to fit the ball between 7 guys then the Bears will be much more successful.

Tressman is pretty high on cutler though so who knows what another offseason will bring.

I'm hoping this deal is a lower yearly total, higher guaranteed money total. That's the only reason I can think of it being so long. The Bears had a lot of contracts expiring this year, so a low yearly salary would really help with the salary cap. And obviously more guaranteed money is good for Jay.

Haha, oh I know. It was the Bears D that cost them this year.

First 3 years are $18 million per year, according to reporters via Twitter. Would assume that's where most of the guaranteed money in the contract is located, and puts Cutler in the Flacco neighborhood in terms of contracts.

The Bears had some injury issues and young guns on defense this year. If they take care of that, they could be pretty tough next year.

Cutler for a 7 year deal is baffling. Really?

Dont know if we have any Texans fans on here but I found this gem on one of the forums this morning talking about QBs for the Texans. Enjoy.

Posted by Lord Bills on TexansTalk.com

two most important things to look for in a franchise QB,

1, Is he good looking enough?

I cannot stress that enough. Have you ever seen an ugly ass quarterback win the superbowl? Be a consistently great quarterback year in year out? There's a reason for that. If you are handsome, you get the girl, you get the girl, guys look up to you and want to follow you. It is a integral part of being a leader.

Just look at all the legendary great champions who were the leaders of their team across all sports from basketball, tennis, olympics, soccer, formula one racing etc....

Its is a very strong common denominator. You have to look the part (and dress the part) to be the part.

2, Does he have a great cool sounding name?

Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Joe Montana. John Elway. Drew Brees. Steve Young. Matt Schaub.

Who doesnt belong in that list? Name me a great quarterback that has a sorry, boring, ugly name that was consistently great.

Why do you think hollywood actors change their name? tom cruise wouldnt be tom cruise if he went with tomas malpohter. Olivia wilde would not be where she is today if she went with her real last name cockburn. Look att boxing superstar floyd mayweeather jr., he had to change his name from floyd sinclair to floyd mayweather to become money may. Sugar Ray Robinson wouuldnt be the greatest p4p #1 boxer of all time if he went with walkter smith.

Its karmic destiny to greatness if you have the right name.

If GMs just followed these two untapped supreme analytic criteria, they wouldnt get fired so much.

Its that easy and scientific.
user_offline.gif

Year totals and total contract values in NFL contracts mean nothing.

Once we see what the actual guaranteed money is, I am sure it will essentially be a 3-4 year contract

First 3 years are $18 million per year, according to reporters via Twitter. Would assume that's where most of the guaranteed money in the contract is located, and puts Cutler in the Flacco neighborhood in terms of contracts.

Yeah just saw this. I don't like this. The franchise tag is about 2 mil lower than that, don't know why they wouldn't just do that, unless they're planning that for someone else. Or if they have a way of working the money so the cap hit isn't that bad, otherwise, I think that is toooo much for Cutler.

And for the record, I don't mind the signing :D

Yeah just saw this. I don't like this. The franchise tag is about 2 mil lower than that, don't know why they wouldn't just do that, unless they're planning that for someone else. Or if they have a way of working the money so the cap hit isn't that bad, otherwise, I think that is toooo much for Cutler.

Did you lose a bet to me? What is your punishment

The Bears had some injury issues and young guns on defense this year. If they take care of that, they could be pretty tough next year.
This is true. If they get just a middle tier D next year they could be pretty good.
And for the record, I don't mind the signing :D

Shut it :D

Did you lose a bet to me? What is your punishment

I'm waiting on you bro! Check back the stipulations of the bet, balls in your court my friend!

Not to thrilled with this. He's a decent QB but he needs to get rid of that gunslinger mentality. If he can focus on getting it to the right guy and not trying to fit the ball between 7 guys then the Bears will be much more successful.

Tressman is pretty high on cutler though so who knows what another offseason will bring.

if you dont like him after a year or 2, trade him to the Browns for Weeden!

Well if the Browns hire McDaniels (for your sake, I hope they don't), that's one place we could definitely rule out for a Cutler trade...

Haha! I am sure one of the backups will do just fine. Just hope they don't sign Weeden.

Anyone hear something about Rodgers dodging questions about being gay?

Why is a big deal and why would someone even bring it up?

I have no details just something I heard just now.

Anyone hear something about Rodgers dodging questions about being gay?

Why is a big deal and why would someone even bring it up?

I have no details just something I heard just now.

it reminded me of when the NY Press went after Mike Piazza for the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back