The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I just want to through this out there to everyone. If you are coming in early to practice and play. Be sure to bring your large travel bag so you can get your MC gear back home. Or FedEx will be busy...

Yeah I'm pondering driving down now as I'd either have to rent clubs if I fly empty handed or ship 1 of 2 sets back after the mc...Neither of which I want to do really

Unless I was driving to the MC, I would rent clubs and bring a travel bag for my new clubs to fly home with. Much less hassle imo.

Unless I was driving to the MC, I would rent clubs and bring a travel bag for my new clubs to fly home with. Much less hassle imo.

This^^^^

I would do this if I wasn't driving.

It's about a seven hour drive for me, and I've done it quite a few times. I prefer flying, but will drive in July since I'll be there most of the week.

Its a big old looong drive for me, but I like to drive and with the family in tow, it will be cheaper in the long run.

JM

It's about a seven hour drive for me, and I've done it quite a few times. I prefer flying, but will drive in July since I'll be there most of the week.

Swing by Monroe and pick me up on your way :D. jk I'm going to do my very best to head up there as a volunteer and help JB & GG / staff out this year. I need to do a map quest to see how far it is from Monroe, Ga.

Totally agree, for me it will come down to rental cost over the few days plus assuming the course has 40 sets of rentals in Stock (exaggeration)

Totally agree, for me it will come down to rental cost over the few days plus assuming the course has 40 sets of rentals in Stock (exaggeration)

I wonder if they would let you guys play out of one bag if they ran short on clubs? They would know the situation and hopefully accommodate.

Its a big old looong drive for me, but I like to drive and with the family in tow, it will be cheaper in the long run.

JM

it was about a 14 hour drive each way for me. Cheaper than flying when paying for 2. I don't mind driving.

Swing by Monroe and pick me up on your way :D. jk I'm going to do my very best to head up there as a volunteer and help JB & GG / staff out this year. I need to do a map quest to see how far it is from Monroe, Ga.

This might work if you can leave early in the week. I'd love to have company on the drive over. That's the worse part--driving by oneself long distances.

it was about a 14 hour drive each way for me. Cheaper than flying when paying for 2. I don't mind driving.

Especially when your wife did majority of the driving on the way home ;) The drive isn't that bad if you have someone to share the driving with.

I think I'll fly. ;)

Since I'm driving, I can bring a couple of extra sets over. I have some spare sets.

This might work if you can leave early in the week. I'd love to have company on the drive over. That's the worse part--driving by oneself long distances.
Heck I'm like you, you old coot. I'm retired :D. The issue I would have if we ride together is where would I stay while there. You're going to be in the team condo right?

Since I'm driving, I can bring a couple of extra sets over. I have some spare sets.

I have a set of Hogan blades for someone who is feeling confident about their game.

Heck I'm like you, you old coot. I'm retired :D. The issue I would have if we ride together is where would I stay while there. You're going to be in the team condo right?

I've heard talk of staying off site, plus they aren't team villas, they're open to all, players and volunteers and spectators alike.

20 hour drive makes flying seem like a nice option, but bringing clubs vs renting is the big decision and subject to availability.

Being a first Morgan Cupper, I don't know how the accommodations will work. I would guess that up until Friday, I'll be staying off site somewhere. We'll just have to wait and see how things come together. JB has some info coming soon on that, I think.

Being a first Morgan Cupper, I don't know how the accommodations will work. I would guess that up until Friday, I'll be staying off site somewhere. We'll just have to wait and see how things come together. JB has some info coming soon on that, I think.

Sounds like a plan :thumb:

Ole Gray, if you and v.man use your powerful influence to get me in, I will be more than happy to swing my company ride through Monroe and North GA to pick you guys up. Put the Woodshed on a trailer and we will hook it up to the trailer hitch. Think we would draw a little attention towing it to the beach? haha I know of many campgrounds in the Myrtle Beach area where you can set it up.

Ole Gray, if you and v.man use your powerful influence to get me in, I will be more than happy to swing my company ride through Monroe and North GA to pick you guys up. Put the Woodshed on a trailer and we will hook it up to the trailer hitch. Think we would draw a little attention towing it to the beach? haha I know of many campgrounds in the Myrtle Beach area where you can set it up.

I might could get ya in as a camera toter on the evening shift with my powerful influence :act-up:. Now about playing, get busy on those contests and good luck :thumb:

p.s. I like the woodshed idea. :D

I might could get ya in as a camera toter on the evening shift with my powerful influence :act-up:. Now about playing, get busy on those contests and good luck :thumb:

p.s. I like the woodshed idea. :D

LOL! Entered all the contests and I think I must have taken 3rd in every one so far. Things are a changing with the current contest though.... On my entry post with my tweet, I told Cleveland that I was their Huckleberry so that alone should secure me a spot! hahaha

As for rentals. You can always go to the superstore down there and put together a set out of the used section and rent it for a few days. They most likey will give you a rate for several days that is better than the daily rate at the course.

I did this a few years ago when I found myself in Florida for a few extra days and had time to play that I had not counted on.

The other nice thing about this is you can pick say a Callaway driver but Cleveland irons and so on as opposed to a complete set of whatever club deal the course has

Just a thought.

Back