Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody think it's worth buying a Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme driver these days? Is it still part of the current product line up?

I thought the Xtreme was an awesome driver. Solid updates on an already great Razr Fit. It also seemed like the Xtreme got lost in the shuffle behind the XHot hype, which was great but not for everyone.

Have you hit it yet?

Does anybody think it's worth buying a Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme driver these days? Is it still part of the current product line up?

I currently game one and I can tell you that it is one of the best drivers I have ever owned. Paired with the right shaft it is an absolute bomber. Easy to hit, forgiving and looks mean at address. Give it a try and see what happens. It's not part of the 2014 line but it is still in the current product line.

Pondering a more GI 5I to make the game a little more fun... Currently a G25 to go with the i20s.

Want...

I just got to think how awesome a milled Odyssey Sabertooth would be.

Whistle shafted SeeMore. Been doing some reading about putters and my left eye dominace seems to prefer that, as I like the address of the Tank and DLL. Need something to toy with!!

SeeMore PTM2

You are a beauty!

I always have this ponder. It's a great driver.

A transaction I had nearly forgotten about has left me with more than $160 in my pay pal account...pondering an Optiforce 4-wood. How is it off the deck? Diamana S+ shaft, Project X 53, or Project X Velocity? Would prefer a mid to high launch to best get the ball in the air when I hit it off the ground.

EDIT: Instead I told my wife about the money, shuttled it into the account, and told her about some things I'd really like for my birthday next week, such as an Optiforce 4-wood, a SeeMore putter, and the Odyssey Versa 1-Wide.

I prefer surprises anyway.

Last edited:
Not interested in the RTX CB 54 and Smart Sole 58 anymore?
Last night building my set on the Cleveland website at 4:00 am, wedges were the hardest question to answer. This suggestion never crossed my mind, but could REALLY be a solid combo for me in July. Of course, there may be more coming....
Whistle shafted SeeMore. Been doing some reading about putters and my left eye dominace seems to prefer that, as I like the address of the Tank and DLL. Need something to toy with!!
I share this ponder with my left eye dominance, but have only stood over one whistle shafted SeeMore and wasn't crazy about it. Definitely my biggest question going into the event in June.

I currently play a RFE driver. I think it's fantastic.

Last night building my set on the Cleveland website at 4:00 am, wedges were the hardest question to answer. This suggestion never crossed my mind, but could REALLY be a solid combo for me in July. Of course, there may be more coming....

I share this ponder with my left eye dominance, but have only stood over one whistle shafted SeeMore and wasn't crazy about it. Definitely my biggest question going into the event in June.

This is me as well. I didn't really like it the 1 time I held a whistle SeeMore, but I I might have to try again. Either way I will have an open mind come June!

Heavy ponder on a winter golf school membership for the next couple months.

If they would respond on if I can have access to trackman/simulator if it is not being used, then it would make this ponder a purchase.

Also pondering a tripod setup to use with my S3 or my small Canon camera for videos in testing.

Currently pondering a new 3W as the RBZ 3W while a decent club and I hit it well this past golf season but that groove getting dirt and grass in it after every shot has driven to me look for a new 3W, after last week swinging all brands at GG I have it narrowed down to the TM Slider and the Titleist 913 FD, with the New X2 Hot to be tested when available then I will make a purchase....

Currently pondering a new 3W as the RBZ 3W while a decent club and I hit it well this past golf season but that groove getting dirt and grass in it after every shot has driven to me look for a new 3W, after last week swinging all brands at GG I have it narrowed down to the TM Slider and the Titleist 913 FD, with the New X2 Hot to be tested when available then I will make a purchase....

You have a chance to look at the JetSpeed yet? That seems like the incumbent replacement for the RBZ line. Speed slot is filled in like on the SLDR. Haven't hit the JetSpeed, but the SLDR is pretty beastly.

the x2hot has me curious as well. I was pounding the original on a simulator last year (with matrix 8m3 black tie shaft), and almost pulled the trigger... The x2 hot and it's adjustable loft/lie might just be enough to kick the cobra ZL out of the bag...

that and the bertha alpha with the gravity core... although that one comes for a franklin more...

the x2hot has me curious as well. I was pounding the original on a simulator last year (with matrix 8m3 black tie shaft), and almost pulled the trigger... The x2 hot and it's adjustable loft/lie might just be enough to kick the cobra ZL out of the bag...

that and the bertha alpha with the gravity core... although that one comes for a franklin more...

I would bet you could sell the Cobra ZL and cover the distance if need be. Dont sleep on the Big Bertha (non alpha). The guys at the Grandaddy RAVED about it. Also JMan is currently in the process of reviewing it for THP and loves it as well.

You have a chance to look at the JetSpeed yet? That seems like the incumbent replacement for the RBZ line. Speed slot is filled in like on the SLDR. Haven't hit the JetSpeed, but the SLDR is pretty beastly.

Yes I did, and I was getting better numbers and just better feel with the SLDR then the JetSpeed, I don't think I ever hit a Titleist club before last week and boy I was impressed with 913FD, the dilemma I'm having now is I was getting better distance off the tee with Titleist and better distance off the mat with SLDR, so maybe the X2 Hot will beat both and I have my new 3W as I really liked the Xhot Pro Hybrid I got last year, but I'm not committed to a brand as you can see by what I have in my bag.

how about last year's x-hot? It was a bomber and can be found on the real cheap now

I would bet you could sell the Cobra ZL and cover the distance if need be. Dont sleep on the Big Bertha (non alpha). The guys at the Grandaddy RAVED about it. Also JMan is currently in the process of reviewing it for THP and loves it as well.

i'll definitely have to check it out, Valentine's day (release) can't come soon enough!

Apparently an UST Mamiya Attas T2 6s isn't low spinning enough. WTC?

Lower launch and high spin I saw in the other thread? Are you steep?

Lower launch and high spin I saw in the other thread? Are you steep?

No. Pretty shallow actually. Bit of an early release and still hanging back a touch. My mind is bottled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back