Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when you buy some software that has a disc with it, they more often than not give you a download code to get it from the web for free instead of relying on the disc. CDs are now going the way of floppy discs.

Even when you buy some software that has a disc with it, they more often than not give you a download code to get it from the web for free instead of relying on the disc. CDs are now going the way of floppy discs.

Even if you get CD just copy the data off you a flash drive or hard drive. Most people have access to a PC to get that done at the very least.

Even if you get CD just copy the data off you a flash drive or hard drive. Most people have access to a PC to get that done at the very least.
Very true.

can always get a usb dvd drive if you really needed for pretty cheap, too.

can always get a usb dvd drive if you really needed for pretty cheap, too.
Another good route to go, if needed. I think I have one of those somewhere, and I think i bought it cause it was like $30.

Sounds like the wife wants to put a tv in the workout room. Which is awesome since maybe I can get a "60 (or more) to the living room, move the current "55 to the bedroom and the "37 to the workout room. I would be totally ok with that. Off to shop, crossing my fingers she is/was thinking the same thing.

From the mini-computer!

I just turned my ponder to a purchase. Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. I know I will have some limitations when it comes to apps, but for what I will use it for I think it will do the trick. Will try and test it for everything I will need for the next 2 weeks and if it doesn't work out I will grab the LG G Pad Google play edition.

We got two of the 7" HDX for our girls...they work great! How do you like your 8.9?

From the mini-computer!

Do you find the need for the DVD or cd drive JB? I have a desktop I could use so it's not a deal breaker but it's nice to have.

I have used a netbook of somekind or another for the last several years, none had a dvd/cd drive. Now I have an Acer netbook of somekind, still no disc drive, & I love it. Not sure of the specs, it was a freebie as part of a settlement with EMachines from years ago. Superfast, long battery life & nowhere near as nice as JB's Samsung! :surrender:

We got two of the 7" HDX for our girls...they work great! How do you like your 8.9?

From the mini-computer!

So far I like it. The email has upgraded from the HD version. It's very quick which is nice. Screen is amazing. For apps that aren't in the Amazon store I have found 1 mobile market has pretty much all of the free play store apps.

Nice, Deano! glad you are liking it dude.

I have yet to find something I dont like about the G Pad. One thing I like specifically is the QPair feature, that will transfer all notifications/phone calls from my S4 to my Tablet (email, SMS, phone calls, etc) and if I have no internet connection, the QPair will automatically tap in to the 4G connection from my phone when paired.

No more need for foxfi, etc.

So far I like it. The email has upgraded from the HD version. It's very quick which is nice. Screen is amazing. For apps that aren't in the Amazon store I have found 1 mobile market has pretty much all of the free play store apps.

I'd be interested in knowing that mobile market place. Could you shoot me a PM with that? Thanks ddec.

From the mini-computer!

Nice, Deano! glad you are liking it dude.

I have yet to find something I dont like about the G Pad. One thing I like specifically is the QPair feature, that will transfer all notifications/phone calls from my S4 to my Tablet (email, SMS, phone calls, etc) and if I have no internet connection, the QPair will automatically tap in to the 4G connection from my phone when paired.

No more need for foxfi, etc.

LG came out with some really good tech in the g2 and g pad. Do you like knock on feature?

I'd be interested in knowing that mobile market place. Could you shoot me a PM with that? Thanks ddec.

From the mini-computer!

Here you man. http://www.1mobile.com/app/market/

You'll have to download the apk and then install it like any other app. But for apps that are in the google play store that aren't in the amazon market it is a great fill in. Just turn the automatic updates within it.

used mayday just now for the first time. Pretty cool feature. Got connected with a rep for a one way video chat within about 10 seconds.

used mayday just now for the first time. Pretty cool feature. Got connected with a rep for a one way video chat within about 10 seconds.

What did you need to use it for? Also, I wonder what kind of random stuff those reps see?

What did you need to use it for? Also, I wonder what kind of random stuff those reps see?

Amazon pushes you to buy that origami case(which I didn't). A cool feature of that case is that if you want to use the camera you can slide the tablet up and it will release the camera, otherwise it's fully covered for protection. I went with a different case because it's one I knew and liked. But when I try to take a picture the instructions come up on the screen telling me to slide the tablet up, which in this case you cannot do. It's a software issue that is on the list supposedly to be fixed for the next update. Not a huge deal for me, not really one to take a lot of pictures with a tablet on my every day use.

When our chat started I couldn't hear the person. So since I wasn't replying to them they wrote on my screen to check my volume settings. Kind of neat in a geeky way.

Pretty cool dude, nice feature.

I got the Origami case for my wife's fire, and she loves it. I love that it's magnetic and stays closed.

I went and got the Samsung laptop last night and so far I love it. I dropped my Dell a few months ago and broke it so I've been on the ipad since then, even though the ipad is convenient and portable, it just didn't have the creature comforts that a windows based computer has and I really missed windows lol, I never though I'd say that. It will also sync with my phone and tv, this is going to be fun to learn.

My next TV

I am getting bored of seeing this:
original.gif

Have you gone to the Apple Store to have them run diagnostics. Knowing your setup, it is not normal. I know my MacBook Pro had logic board issues so you may have an underlying problem that could be fixed.

Have you gone to the Apple Store to have them run diagnostics. Knowing your setup, it is not normal. I know my MacBook Pro had logic board issues so you may have an underlying problem that could be fixed.

Ugh... No, I haven't. May need to go here in the next week or so.

I did that Canadan. They replaced my hard drive. It was great for about 3 weeks and then went back.
Hope you get it straightened away.

Pretty cool dude, nice feature.

I got the Origami case for my wife's fire, and she loves it. I love that it's magnetic and stays closed.

Did you get a case for your G Pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back