Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that Canadan. They replaced my hard drive. It was great for about 3 weeks and then went back.
Hope you get it straightened away.

I can't buy a new laptop right now. I've thrown too much money into electronics over the last couple months anyways.

It just pisses me off because I bought mac believing they used quality products that wouldn't falter. Isn't that why they cost so much?

Bold prediction: I'll own a Samsung next year. I love that brand right now.

Question for the experts.
GG has the LG G2 which is a badarse phone. However all of her accessories (car chargers, etc) dont work all that well for charging. I believe it is the fast charge vs slow charge thing. She needs a cable or car charger that will work. Any suggestions?

I can't buy a new laptop right now. I've thrown too much money into electronics over the last couple months anyways.

It just pisses me off because I bought mac believing they used quality products that wouldn't falter. Isn't that why they cost so much?

Bold prediction: I'll own a Samsung next year. I love that brand right now.

You may not need one buddy. The Apple store could get you all fixed up. A buddy of mine had a software boot up issue that they fixed and his computer has been humming along. Mine was just not capable of handling what I was throwing at it evidently, or at least not in the manner I expected.

You may not need one buddy. The Apple store could get you all fixed up. A buddy of mine had a software boot up issue that they fixed and his computer has been humming along. Mine was just not capable of handling what I was throwing at it evidently, or at least not in the manner I expected.

Any laptop over a thousand dollars should be able to handle what I push on it. All I do is interweb, twitter, IM client, and some photoshop.

This chat will serve as some motivation to get into the apple store, plus, it'll probably slow down a bit there now that the holidays are over.

At CES today Samsung was showing off their new 150 inch curved tv. Was a good plan until Michael Bay showed up, or left

[video=youtube;_xUa_q29V-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUa_q29V-s&noredirect=1[/video]

Did you get a case for your G Pad?
Yeah, a random one off amazon that I found for a decent price. Has the "smart wake" feature that I really love.
GG has the LG G2 which is a badarse phone. However all of her accessories (car chargers, etc) dont work all that well for charging. I believe it is the fast charge vs slow charge thing. She needs a cable or car charger that will work. Any suggestions?
I have a few of these, and they are rapid chargers I do believe, and they are phenomenal for devices that need a Micro USB charger. Cuts charge time in half.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Fo...1054&sr=8-2&keywords=blackberry+rapid+charger

At CES today Samsung was showing off their new 150 inch curved tv. Was a good plan until Michael Bay showed up, or left

[video=youtube;_xUa_q29V-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUa_q29V-s&noredirect=1[/video]

Soooo I'm guessing Bay won't get paid for that lol

In order to maintain the "fast charge" you need to make sure you have the right amps on the charger. Take the Galaxy phones/tablets they need a 2.1amp charge port or they will slow charge.

Thanks Dean.

Thats not a car charger.
Sorry, I read your post as car chargers, etc...so figured that I would add an accessory for the "etc" part that I know works well for quick charging.

Tough racket...

January 6, 2014 8:57 PM
Samsung Forecasts Decline in Operating Profit
Fourth-Quarter Operating Profit Likely Fell 3.8% to 8.4%

By Min-Jeong Lee
Samsung Forecasts Decline in Profit

The South Korean electronics company indicates its operating profit in the fourth quarter of 2013 likely declined 3.8% to 8.4% from a year earlier.

I have a iPhone 4S currently but i'm due an upgrade. The only reason i'm considering upgrading is the battery life on this 2.5 iPhone isn't what it used to be. I like the phone though. Should I get another 4s or do I go to the 5? Is there something else that's even better?

I have a iPhone 4S currently but i'm due an upgrade. The only reason i'm considering upgrading is the battery life on this 2.5 iPhone isn't what it used to be. I like the phone though. Should I get another 4s or do I go to the 5? Is there something else that's even better?

if you are due an upgrade, I think there are plenty of options out there for you that you might find better. If you wanted to stay iOS I'd go with the 5s since it's the latest and greatest. If you wanted to look at Android the S4, LG G2, Note 3, HTC One are all good options.

if you are due an upgrade, I think there are plenty of options out there for you that you might find better. If you wanted to stay iOS I'd go with the 5s since it's the latest and greatest. If you wanted to look at Android the S4, LG G2, Note 3, HTC One are all good options.

I'll likely stay with the Apple because I'll likely know how to use it. I didn't know there was a 5s out. Thanks

Any suggestions or preferences for simple external hard drives? I'm looking for something a bit more portable than a tower like HD. Probably 500GB-1T.

Seagate makes a solid product. Personally, I have had 4 Seagate drives die on me over the years so I just stick with Western Digital.

Funny thing is ive had the exact thing happen to me with WD drives, except the WD Red's.

Funny thing is ive had the exact thing happen to me with WD drives, except the WD Red's.

Exactly. I fully acknowledge its just the luck of the draw with electronics. What works great for someone, may be absolute garbage for someone else. It's like golf stuff. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back