Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always considered a pair of the TL's, just can't make myself pull the trigger though.

I've seen some scary deals on them, never pulled the trigger due to even scarier shipping costs, I need to find a place to try them on

I am getting ever closer to pulling the pin on a driver without even hitting it as I haven't been able to find somewhere local enough that I could get to hit it.......but it seems like such a good deal that I would be a fool not to take the chance for the price

Cleveland Classic XL for a shade over £70 (this is with the stock B Asha shaft in it)

Do you reckon I should just go for it?

I've seen some scary deals on them, never pulled the trigger due to even scarier shipping costs, I need to find a place to try them on
They run big... I normally wear a 12 and they where huge... Gave to my nephew. Confortable, and ugly... Would have kept if didn't feel like toes where sliding around

My instructor just told me that Taylormade thinks that 17° launch angle and 1700 rpm of spin is ideal for maximum driver distance. Challenge accepted.

I dont have any experience with the X20's, but I do think the D11's are forgiving out on the toe, might be a good move on your part and I think they are pretty reasonably priced now too.

From looking at pricing on ebay, used sets of both models go for about the same price, anywhere from $100 - $150 based on condition. So pricing-wise it would be a sideways move, and I'd think I'd pick up some forgiveness and a bit of distance due to inflated lofts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

My instructor just told me that Taylormade thinks that 17° launch angle and 1700 rpm of spin is ideal for maximum driver distance. Challenge accepted.

Interesting. But sounds like it would go well with "year of the loft".

My favorite part is the "maximum distance"

Agreed, would love to get on a monitor and see if I could find that "holy grail" combo which delivers the best results.

I am getting ever closer to pulling the pin on a driver without even hitting it as I haven't been able to find somewhere local enough that I could get to hit it.......but it seems like such a good deal that I would be a fool not to take the chance for the price

Cleveland Classic XL for a shade over £70 (this is with the stock B Asha shaft in it)

It's hard to say not hitting it before. If you think it will be good fit for you, then I would say go for it. Have you hit something similar to it that makes you think it will be a good fit? If you have some doubt then I might wait because I seem to come across (in the US) some good deals on Cleveland Classic XLs on a pretty regular basis.

They run big... I normally wear a 12 and they where huge... Gave to my nephew. Confortable, and ugly... Would have kept if didn't feel like toes where sliding around

thanks, when you say big do you mean long, wide or both? wide would be awesome, long, not so much

It's a good price TD. I liked the X-Hot better, but that's just me.

It's hard to say not hitting it before. If you think it will be good fit for you, then I would say go for it. Have you hit something similar to it that makes you think it will be a good fit? If you have some doubt then I might wait because I seem to come across (in the US) some good deals on Cleveland Classic XLs on a pretty regular basis.

I have hit a number of drivers (all with stock shafts) over the last 12 months or so

TM Stage2
Nike Covert
Amp Cell
R1
R11
TM RBZ

and a TM RBZ with a RIP shaft in it (can't remember which one as it belongs to a mate)

The best one seemed to be the Stage2 which gave me the best flight/distance combination, but having read a lot of the Classic XL review thread and then seeing one at such a cheap price (limited stock left, plus sale, plus an extra 20% off until Monday) is making me consider it

The problem is that over here we don't tend to get the shaft options that you seem to get in the US when we walk into a store so we are limited, unless you pay for a fitting somewhere that has the options you are considering.....

Next problem is that I haven't got a clue as to what the shaft will be like (completely ignorant when it comes to driver/FW shafts) and what I could compare it to, especially considering there isn't a driver in my bag and this is another reason why I haven't placed an order yet as I don't want to waste money on something that MIGHT not work at all for me

As tempted as I am, I am leaning towards not ordering primarily because I haven't had a chance to hit one and put the money towards an iron fitting instead

I have hit a number of drivers (all with stock shafts) over the last 12 months or so

TM Stage2
Nike Covert
Amp Cell
R1
R11
TM RBZ

and a TM RBZ with a RIP shaft in it (can't remember which one as it belongs to a mate)

The best one seemed to be the Stage2 which gave me the best flight/distance combination, but having read a lot of the Classic XL review thread and then seeing one at such a cheap price (limited stock left, plus sale, plus an extra 20% off until Monday) is making me consider it

The problem is that over here we don't tend to get the shaft options that you seem to get in the US when we walk into a store so we are limited, unless you pay for a fitting somewhere that has the options you are considering.....

Next problem is that I haven't got a clue as to what the shaft will be like (completely ignorant when it comes to driver/FW shafts) and what I could compare it to, especially considering there isn't a driver in my bag and this is another reason why I haven't placed an order yet as I don't want to waste money on something that MIGHT not work at all for me

As tempted as I am, I am leaning towards not ordering primarily because I haven't had a chance to hit one and put the money towards an iron fitting instead

how is the used club market in uk? I mean 70 euros isnt a lot, worst case scenario you dont like it and end up selling it used and lose what, 20 euros?

how is the used club market in uk? I mean 70 euros isnt a lot, worst case scenario you dont like it and end up selling it used and lose what, 20 euros?

£ not Euros :D

I don't really know about the used club market as it isn't something I have looked at if I am honest - I may take a couple days to hunt around and see how things look and make a decision about whether to order or not at the weekend

Alternatively, if I don't decide to order now and then get the chance to hit one at some point and like it, I could probably pick one up even cheaper myself second-hand

Good driver for a good price, might be worth the blind buy!

From looking at pricing on ebay, used sets of both models go for about the same price, anywhere from $100 - $150 based on condition. So pricing-wise it would be a sideways move, and I'd think I'd pick up some forgiveness and a bit of distance due to inflated lofts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Yeah at that price, why not!

TM Stage2
Nike Covert
Amp Cell
R1
R11
TM RBZ

I haven't hit either, so I can't give my input on it unfortunately. Personally have gone through a lot of drivers, I would rather get fit and know what works then try buy something and hope it works.

Big Bertha Alpha with Fubuki ZT - finally a driver with an easy way to adjust the CG! No more lead tape on my drivers. Can't wait!

TM Stage2
Nike Covert
Amp Cell
R1
R11
TM RBZ

I get along pretty well with my RBZ Stg2 driver at the moment, was the best for me out of a few I tried. Has the stock reg shaft in at the moment but I'm seriously considering swapping it out for a Prolaunch Red. Have one in my 910f 3 wood and it's the straightest club in my bag..

I'm pondering the difference between the Miyazaki Kusala Blue and Matrix Red Tie.

I'm pondering the difference between the Miyazaki Kusala Blue and Matrix Red Tie.

For me the Red-Tie spun a little more. Which was a great thing for my game.

I can't wait to try the 588C with the Red Tie. A completely different set up than my OG classic/Blue combo, and that could be a very good thing.

With the recent swing changes I could certainly benefit from some more spin, add me to the intrigued list

I can't wait to try the 588C with the Red Tie. A completely different set up than my OG classic/Blue combo, and that could be a very good thing.

With the recent swing changes I could certainly benefit from some more spin, add me to the intrigued list

Matrix designed that shaft to fit the broadest margin of golfers in the bell curve with the mid spin mid launch, and I honestly think it does that. Not the best for everyone, but will be a solid option for a lot of golfers.

Its brilliant that Cleveland and Cobra are offering it this year in their drivers IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back