2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to sniff out my weakness WCBM. I have a copy of P90X that has been in a drawer for years. The crazy intensity scares the heck out of me.

I'll pull it out and give it a fresh look.

Thanks

Hows it going?

3 miles on the rower tonight. It has taken a little time to get the right form but I really enjoy using it.

Nice Cap!!

4 more miles on the mill this am at 530. Currently at 15 miles for the year. I need to pick up the pace.

Got back at last night. Two things, front squats are awesome and incline narrow underhand grip barbell press is a challenge.

Got back at last night. Two things, front squats are awesome and incline narrow underhand grip barbell press is a challenge.

Nice dude! And you are correct on both haha

I'm going to do this complex one day. But with less weight, obviously

This is huge. Honestly. If they aren't there, then there is no temptation.

I will eat the whole bag in one sitting that's how bad I am...., I threw them away last night & told my wife not to buy anymore.

Hows it going?

Day 1 today.

5 mile hike through the snow and ice this morning. And I just finished the circuit that I found online. Lots of core movements included in all exercises. I immediately found out how bad my core had gotten as some simple movements were very difficult because I was not keeping my gut engaged. I also found out how unbalanced my body has become as moves to my right felt fine but repeating it to the left felt foreign. Reminder to work both sides of your body.

Just by improving my core strength I should see improvement as it connects the base to your shoulders. The added leg and shoulder strength will be a bonus.

I was planning on doing my workout right after my walk but I logged on here and ended up watching Enimen vids all morning. Thanks JB! LOL

Second badminton club night successfully completed and I can still move so I am tentatively going to say I am on the mend - all I need to do now is make sure I don't aggravate my back and ruin the good things I have managed over the last week or so

Another C25K session tomorrow night and that will be the first week completed there as well so I am feeling a lot more positive about being able to work on my fitness this year

Fran is the devil. 6'26", and more than an hour later, I'm still hacking up a lung.

Totally worth it.

Fran = 21-15-9 95# barbell thrusters and pullups. One of the original CrossFit benchmark workouts, and while there are guys who can do it in less than 2 minutes, it's absolutely exhausting.

Yup. Klokov Complex. I did 4 of them.

1 rep each.
Deadlift
Full clean
Front squat
Push press
Jerk

Really effective. Actually quite fun.

I'm going to do this complex one day. But with less weight, obviously

This looks like fun. I'll definitely try it when I'm next at the gym. (with 40kg I think. :D)

1 rep each.
Deadlift
Full clean
Front squat
Push press
Jerk

Thats a full body monster!

For upper body im a fan of muscle ups

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Did you wear oly shoes for this?

1 rep each.
Deadlift
Full clean
Front squat
Push press
Jerk

This looks like fun. I'll definitely try it when I'm next at the gym. (with 40kg I think. :D)

Dude. I did four of those tonight. With a lowish weight. It's really effective.

Did you wear oly shoes for this?

I should have. But I workout in trail runners and I didn't have any stability issues.

Thats a full body monster!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I followed those up with single leg Romanian barbell deadlifts. I've got me some wobbly legs.

Day 2 of insanity done tonight...Calves sore but feeling good

What's your muscle-up technique? I try to power through them, but even with a false grip I can't get it.

So sore today hahaha! Solid kickstart though. Time to crush it.

Such a good feeling. It's the feeling of getting stronger.

Been a busy week for me this week.....

C25K sessions on Sunday and Tuesday, badminton last night and another C25K session tonight....going to have to get used to being this active again, but it will be worth it in the long run

Looking good?

Feeling better, I managed to gain half the weight I lost last year so gotta get back to it.

Down about 2.5 lbs this week, so far so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back