The Official 2009 NFL Thread

Chan Gailey to the Bills as the next HC. Not sure about that one.

The move makes little sense and it is just like their previous one. :confused2:

I tried to get Garret in there but I guess they didnt listen...:banghead: They alreadyt have TO who just loves Garret...lol Who else needs another Mangenius out there as a HC.

+1
Looks as if the Bills will be mired in mediocrity for the next couple of years.

Its already been reported by ESPN that Phillips is coming back. I think a big part of brining him back is whats going to happen after next year with the CBA. If theres a lockout then its smart having a coach like Phillips and his salary. I also think he can make the D even better if he comes back. The real issue is Jason Genius Garret. He needs to be fired. This brings us to another point. The guy has a WR in Williams who is tall and could probably be a great posession guy. He cant seem to call a play or get him the ball. I know, a lot has to do with Romo and his comfort with Williams but come on. Williams is coming back too but its being reported the Cowboys want to release him but cant because of a 9 Million cap number next season. Wtf, he cost us a 1st, 3rd and 6th round picks and now you want to release him? Get him the damn ball!! Who said that? Keyshawn? lol... That has to be one of Jerry's biggest mistakes. We basically gave Detroit a bunch of free picks if they cant learn to get him the ball.

I agree, the play calling in that game was ridiculous, you don't run a pitchout to Marion Barber - did they forget who was in the game at the time? Barber is a great power back but he is not fast enough to get outside against anyone. Also asking Jason Whiten, a tight end, to block Jarred Allen one on one is also stupid. They had some success running Felix Jones in the first half and then completely abandoned that. I think their offensive line was exposed as a second rate line, they need help there for sure. Williams has a problem in that Romo has no confidence in him at all, too many drops, too many bad routes, too much quitting on routes.

I agree, the play calling in that game was ridiculous, you don't run a pitchout to Marion Barber - did they forget who was in the game at the time? Barber is a great power back but he is not fast enough to get outside against anyone. Also asking Jason Whiten, a tight end, to block Jarred Allen one on one is also stupid. They had some success running Felix Jones in the first half and then completely abandoned that. I think their offensive line was exposed as a second rate line, they need help there for sure. Williams has a problem in that Romo has no confidence in him at all, too many drops, too many bad routes, too much quitting on routes.

I agree 100%. Terrible play calling by garret again. I thought the exact same thing when they called a pitch out to Barber. To Barber? Are you serious? They must have forgot he was in the game. I read that reporters were badgering Phillips about why he kicked a field goal, that was missed, in the 1st quarter when it was 4th and 1 I think. He didnt even know it was 4th and 1. Thats bad. They blew this game by driving three times into Vikings territory and getting zero points in the first half. Then it was all Vikings and Allen abusing whitten. Who knows they probably would have still lost but they didnt help themselves either.

+1
Looks as if the Bills will be mired in mediocrity for the next couple of years.

Once Ralph Wilson dies.....you can bet that Buffalo will lose its NFL team to another city (Toronto, LA, London?)

Its ironic that my preseason Super Bowl picks of Indy vs Minn could actually pan out. If only I lived in Vegas....HMMMM! I sat down during the THP Fantasy draft and said to my wife that Peyton vs Favre was going to happen.

And then Favre will retire :)

I agree 100%. Terrible play calling by garret again. I thought the exact same thing when they called a pitch out to Barber. To Barber? Are you serious? They must have forgot he was in the game. I read that reporters were badgering Phillips about why he kicked a field goal, that was missed, in the 1st quarter when it was 4th and 1 I think. He didnt even know it was 4th and 1. Thats bad. They blew this game by driving three times into Vikings territory and getting zero points in the first half. Then it was all Vikings and Allen abusing whitten. Who knows they probably would have still lost but they didnt help themselves either.

People forget that coaches can choke just as much as any player, this is why experience in big games matters. Expect them to do better next year.

Also the 'America's Team' label was dreamed up by Tex Schramm but the reason the media picked it up is because the Cowboy's are responsible for generating huge TV ratings all over the country and have fans all over the world. They do this whether they are playing well that year or not.

I am not a 'fan' of the Cowboys in the true sense of the word, but living near Dallas now I can't help but hear about what is going on with them all the time. Romo is not overrated in my opinion, their offensive line maybe was overrated and was definitely outplayed the other day, but Romo can make all the throws when he has time to throw and has had great numbers for a long time. Romo is just one of many QBs this year to have their worst game of the year in the playoffs.

Romo is just one of many QBs this year to have their worst game of the year in the playoffs.

You mean basically every year with Romo.

Glad I don't gamble on games or have to pick winners for a living because my 1 - 3 record last week was worse than terrible. This week is easier though, Colts and Vikings. New Orleans will have even more trouble controlling that Viking rush than Dallas did. I am betting that Favre doesn't self destruct and throw 6 interceptions and that NO doesn't get any run game going and that the Vikings can tee off on Brees. Colts defense is good enough to hold the Jets in check and Peyton will be able to score on the Jets. This weekend I am going to play golf instead of sit in front of the TV all weekend, I will watch the replays.

I heard on the radio today that Wade Phillips received a three year contract extension. That sounds super for the Cowboys.

Kevin

I heard on the radio today that Wade Phillips received a three year contract extension. That sounds super for the Cowboys.

Kevin

I saw that on MSN. MO will be so happy. :D

Kevin

Doesn't mean he'll get the chance to finish out that extension....

Kevin
Well good for Wade/Tough break for the Cowboys in the playoffs.I guess that monkey only slipped and didn't fall off completely.

if the saints dont make it to the big show... i have lil interest in watching... even tho i stll will watch just for the party

if the saints dont make it to the big show... i have lil interest in watching... even tho i stll will watch just for the party

It is strange for me, but I have absolutely zero rooting interest for any of the 4 teams. I can usually find a player or coach or history that I really like about a team and will root for them. If that fails to produce a team I go by former Michigan players on a roster. The Jets have 3, the Colts and Saints each have 2, and Minnesota has 1, so it looks like I will be rooting for the Jets. At this point I would be happy just to see some competitive games.

I am rooting for the Colts and Vikings. I would like to see a Fave vs. Manning superbowl. Yes football is a team game but these two are two of the best and who knows, one of them might retire soon. :D

Go Colts!!!

Vikes Jets Super Bowl
Vikes 17 Jets 13 is my prediction

Sorry, I just got back from my lucky couch!!! It is hard to type when your yelling at the top of your lungs. WOW, nice second half. :D

Back