Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Glad I locked down a spot in my first event, I may be new to the club but let me know if yall have any questions about the island. Looking forward to march.

Can't wait as this will be the first THP event I will be attending! #Freakin'Pumped

Welcome to your first THP Invitational, you all will have a blast!!!

I just looked at the course fly over and it looks amazing and tough not the longest but its definitely gonna be tough as it looks like placement will be key!

To whoever draws me as their partner we are in for a good time and I will be working hard on my game between now and then.

link to the course and flyover http://www.palmettodunes.com/arthur-hills-golf-course.php

Truthfully it is just that now the little man is big enough that he isn't such a burden to be alone with all day for my wife so she is more amenable to me travelling all day or a weekend to play golf and leaving her alone. I've always been willing, but you know, happy wife, not murdered in your sleep and all that. ;-)

He got into college

Peng, Peng, Peng. Oh the things you'll learn in Hilton Head......

I hope Troy gets in so he can try to fight security if we get too rowdy. It may just be better to open the Inviational up to enough spots to fill the hotel so we don't have to worry about waking strangers up.

Most important question: Is Hilton Head Ice Cream open in March?

It all depends on the weather, but there is a good chance. I used to live in ATL, Have a favorite course up there?

I hope Troy gets in so he can try to fight security if we get too rowdy. It may just be better to open the Inviational up to enough spots to fill the hotel so we don't have to worry about waking strangers up.

Or remembering the phrase "Act as if".

I just looked at the course fly over and it looks amazing and tough not the longest but its definitely gonna be tough as it looks like placement will be key!
Got to be nicer than that frozen tundra we played in Indiana! LOL

I took his post on page 27 as meaning he got in, but, I could be mistaken.

It all depends on the weather, but there is a good chance. I used to live in ATL, Have a favorite course up there?

Druid Hills when I can get on (which is hardly ever).

The Frog is probably my favorite public course.

Thanks for the info on HHI. It holds a lot of memories for me. We would go there when I was a kid when we attended the MCI Heritage. True story, I think we saw DLIII and his family there every year except for one.

To whoever draws me as their partner we are in for a good time and I will be working hard on my game between now and then.

link to the course and flyover http://www.palmettodunes.com/arthur-hills-golf-course.php

Thanks, I live locally and have played the track a few times. Shot placement is definitely key and I'm going to try and get out once more before the event. Bagger vance style. Good luck to all

I took his post on page 27 as meaning he got in, but, I could be mistaken.

[scratches face incessently]

Anybody seen Troy? I really need to find him.

[scratches face incessently]

Anybody seen Troy? I really need to find him.

So glad most of the awkward forum name/Christian name introductions are out of the way.

This course was pretty fun, there are some tight holes and a few forced carries but then there are some wide open holes as well. Its a nice mix.

Got to be nicer than that frozen tundra we played in Indiana! LOL

Much Much Nicer than that course and I am betting we cant bounce wedges as high as the flag on it either!

Looks like an outstanding group of THP'ers headed to Hilton Head..what a great way to kick off the Invitational Series..Have a great time guys. I'm sure it'll be a great thread to follow.

Just checked out the flyover and was relieved to see that only 3 or 4 holes appear to require fades off of the tee. Making the ball go right is not my strong suit. Looks like a lot of trouble on the left sides of holes so that could make for an interesting day....

I was lucky to get my email in when I did because the baby went ballistic after that and I've been dealing with that for the past hour and a half. But I'm happy that I got a spot in this thing! Very excited to see some old friends and make some new friends.

This will be a very special trip for me, it's part of a vacation to Hilton Head with my entire family. We went to Hilton Head every year when I was a kid, and this will be the first time I'll be there with my family since the baby was born.

I'll throw this one out there: my dad and I will most likely be playing golf on the day after the Invitational at another one of the Palmetto Dunes courses since we'll be staying there. If anyone already thinks that they'll be staying on Sunday and would be interested in joining us, send me a PM, I'll start putting together a list of people that want to play on Sunday.

Druid Hills when I can get on (which is hardly ever).

The Frog is probably my favorite public course.

Thanks for the info on HHI. It holds a lot of memories for me. We would go there when I was a kid when we attended the MCI Heritage. True story, I think we saw DLIII and his family there every year except for one.
I love both those courses you listed

I love both those courses you listed

One day, likely when I'm not paying for private school, I'll hopefully be a member at DHGC. You will be my guest.

Caveat: my daughter is almost five, so it's going to be a while. Keep taking those vitamins.

I be driving up Friday morning. Want to get in a round somewhere Friday afternoon if any others want to do the same and make an impromptu group if it.

Poolside maybe, but in the pool? Probably not for me.

Average high of 69* for March 15th historically (thank you weatherunderground.com)

That's barely warm enough for golf, much less swimming.

#Floridanativeproblems
Resident of SC, native New Yorker. 69° is tanning weather! :cool:

Have the satellite imaging of the Arthur Hills course loaded up onto my GPS. I'm ready!

Just checked out the flyover and was relieved to see that only 3 or 4 holes appear to require fades off of the tee. Making the ball go right is not my strong suit. Looks like a lot of trouble on the left sides of holes so that could make for an interesting day....

Yeah I saw the crap left side I'm hoping I can control the right to left movement and my left to right by then. I can move the ball right just have zero control.

I expect this course to really challenge my new swing and game. I'll be ready for it though.

So awesome this filled up so fast. You guys are gonna have a blast there. Really awesome venue for this.

Back