2014 Morgan Cup - Qualifying Criteria

Ok just checking I get the right Handicap Tracker before I pay for it. I didn't know if you had to play with a THP member to make it official or someone. I play alot of golf after work at 3pm so my friends aren't usually playing with me. I wanna make sure its official.
Through THP, yes.

There is also a group specifically for THP members on US Handicap, so when you join, be sure to jump over and join the THP Group too.

I don't have any scores to post right now, but I need to make a decision on the handicap either going through THP or through GHIN.

I don't have any scores to post right now, but I need to make a decision on the handicap either going through THP or through GHIN.

I'm in the same boat as you... The club I had it through last year is the same price as the THP one... I'll probably do more research on the US handicap before I decide... I also have two months so no rush...

Using Tapatalk

For you guys deciding between US Handicap and GHIN, if you are interested in the THP vTour events, you will will need a US Handicap.

oh yeah I seen that. Just trying to figure out what Android apps work with it. I tried GolfNet but I am having issues joining. Well I officially joined US Handicap woohoo.
There is also a group specifically for THP members on US Handicap, so when you join, be sure to jump over and join the THP Group too.

I've got to get myself signed up for the handicap service, since I spend so much time here it's a no brainer where to get it at.

Not that I need the Handicap for the MC, but I will end up with both GHIN and US.

I've got to get myself signed up for the handicap service, since I spend so much time here it's a no brainer where to get it at.

Same here just thought about it tonight

So I joined US Handicap today and I joined the THP Group. Well It also made me join the local Peoria Club. Well they got bylaws and it says this in it (The USGA requires you play at least 3 rounds with another member in the club. This includes the tournament round you are required to play in. The vTour can count as your tournament round and is free to play. Please make sure you check the yes box when you play with another club member. )
Just thought I was joining and all I had to do was play and post my scores and belong to THP. So I guess should I just follow with THP?

I took a look at the two options, and ended up signing up for the Tennessee Golf Association that provides a GHIN Handicap. Everything in TN and north GA seems to use GHIN, and the clubs around here (100 mile radius) on US Handicap had very few members and no activity (weren't connected to courses). In case I try to play in some local Golfweek or similar tournaments, I think GHIN will be easier for me.

So I joined US Handicap today and I joined the THP Group. Well It also made me join the local Peoria Club. Well they got bylaws and it says this in it (The USGA requires you play at least 3 rounds with another member in the club. This includes the tournament round you are required to play in. The vTour can count as your tournament round and is free to play. Please make sure you check the yes box when you play with another club member. )
Just thought I was joining and all I had to do was play and post my scores and belong to THP. So I guess should I just follow with THP?

Reach out to Tazz, (bigtazz53)he knows a lot about the service and may be able to give you some guidance on this.

JM

Will do Thanks Ryan
Reach out to Tazz, (bigtazz53)he knows a lot about the service and may be able to give you some guidance on this.

JM

No problem. Looks like you guys are talking. BTW, I answer to anything except late to dinner or the first tee.

JM

THP has been getting quite a few emails and private messages about the qualifying criteria for the 2014 Morgan Cup and if it will be changing. We are happy to announce some changes that will be taking place for next year's Ultimate Golf Event Period. Keep in mind that these will not be the only changes that are taking place.

For those that are new and may not know what the Morgan Cup is, and why it is considered the Ultimate Golf Event Period, here are all the details of this special event.

Each participant will be sponsored by either Cobra Golf, Cleveland Golf, Callaway Golf, TaylorMade Golf or Bridgestone Golf.
Each participant will receive a 14 club deal, staff bag, apparel and accessories.

Qualifying Criteria
While THP stands for all skill levels of golfers, an event like this must have some limitations. Therefore to qualify for this competition you must be an 18 handicap or better at the time of the event. While we never want to eliminate people based on level of play, this is a broadcasted competition and in the end, that must take precedent. This year all golfers will be required to have an official handicap. It can be through their local club, the USGA, GHIN or any number of places including available right here on THP.

This is only open to THP forum members that are 2014 Albatross Club Members. For more information on the Albatross Club, click here.

You must be 18 years of age or older to be a part of the 2014 Morgan Cup.

If you have not watched the 2013 coverage of this event, we strongly suggest you do so. It can be found on the THP YouTube channel

This is an amateur competition, if you are currently on staff with any companies through sponsorship or endorsement, you will not be able to compete in this event. This includes club professionals or employees that have staff deals through their employment. If you have a question in regards to this, please do not hesitate to ask.

As part of the Morgan Cup, you will be required to make 200 posts per month on the THP Forum. Failure to do so will result in these actions.

1. A warning that you need to pick up the pace.
2. Forfeiture of your spot in the 2013 Morgan Cup.

These posts must be relevant and because of that, anything in the Random & Off Topic section of the site (including all subforums there) will not be counted towards that number. Certainly something could come up and those extreme cases will be handled on a case by case basis. This will be closely monitored and enforced this year.

This criteria is in place for both 2014 hopefuls as well as those members of Team THP. The requirement does not begin until teams are in place and we announce them to the world.

Some Changes
Since there is criteria that involves post count, I think its important to also discuss some changes that will take place to the Morgan Cup participation as a whole.

1. Each participant will have this all spelled out for them once selected that they will have to agree to in order to proceed. To eliminate any questions, we will make sure that every participant knows what is expected of them from the time they are selected.

2. Media Day has changed to Staff Sponsor Day. You can find out about that here.

3. Equipment changes are taking place at the 2014 Morgan Cup. That change has been posted here.

4. Social Media integration will be a part of this event. If selected, you will be required to have a Twitter account and have it open rather than set to private.

Selection Process
Each week contests are going up and each one is a bit different. The contests provide entry for two participants and at the conclusion of all 40 participants being selected, teams will be announced.

Now that selections are completed, just wanted to give this a bump. JB said in another post that these go into effect on 2/1, so just a heads up.

Now that selections are completed, just wanted to give this a bump. JB said in another post that these go into effect on 2/1, so just a heads up.

I was about to do the same thing Ryan. Thanks bud

For you guys deciding between US Handicap and GHIN, if you are interested in the THP vTour events, you will will need a US Handicap.

You ready to shoot par to get that handicap down to single digits?

You ready to shoot par to get that handicap down to single digits?

From what I saw on the course today, I have a long way to go.

From what I saw on the course today, I have a long way to go.

What you got out today? Your playing golf and I was was snow blowing a drift. Well good to see you got a score to add to get your handicap.

Will do Thanks Ryan

Coers, if you get this worked out can you post the requirements? I signed up for the free service and was going to upgrade to the handicap service if it works out for everyone. It would be nice to know if it will work out before paying the fee. I'd hate to get assigned to a club where I don't know any members and have to figure out a way to get those rounds in. Thanks.

Yep I got it all worked out, and if you want you can call them or email them and they will add you to any club. Say it just automatically adds you to the closest one near you. Like Parshooter ended up changing his from St. louis to mine in Peoria, so now we just have to play at least 3 times to have my handicap be official. Hopefully that is what you wanted to know.
Coers, if you get this worked out can you post the requirements? I signed up for the free service and was going to upgrade to the handicap service if it works out for everyone. It would be nice to know if it will work out before paying the fee. I'd hate to get assigned to a club where I don't know any members and have to figure out a way to get those rounds in. Thanks.

Back