2014 Morgan Cup - Qualifying Criteria

I agree that I thought about the issues of post counts as well but I have made a point to get my post in everyday. It starts to become habit and then once you find topics you like you have a tendency to post a lot more than 7 a day. I am sure once the teams are completed and the banter starts it will become easier as the rev up for this event begins

I don't worry about my post count at all. I think of it kinda like my employees. If I tell them they have to reach a goal , that number becomes their goal. However, if they are just doing what they are supposed to do then they usually exceed the goal. So I just put forth the time I can and I've been fine.

The post count total is a guideline. One that should never be flirted with because were it not you in this position, there are HUNDREDS of eager THPers who'd be doing everything they could in your place.

It's worth keeping in mind. The Morgan Cup is a privilege, and one that should never be taken for granted. We are ambassadors of these companies, of this site, and the site membership. We SHOULD be driving conversation, and I assure you, my team will consist of eight people who will make that a priority. No exceptions.

The post count total is a guideline. One that should never be flirted with because were it not you in this position, there are HUNDREDS of eager THPers who'd be doing everything they could in your place.

It's worth keeping in mind. The Morgan Cup is a privilege, and one that should never be taken for granted. We are ambassadors of these companies, of this site, and the site membership. We SHOULD be driving conversation, and I assure you, my team will consist of eight people who will make that a priority. No exceptions.

Very well said. I agree 100%

I realized I've been averaging 300 posts a month since I signed up, and until this month I'd been playing less golf than average for the first half of the year.

Once preparation begins in earnest with company rep interaction, lessons, practice rounds, handicap tracking, Team smack talk, future opponents getting together for practice rounds, and fitting, #THPMC members won't even have to be reminded that there's a post-count minimum and will probably be told they need to tone it down a bit.

Well said sir, we'll said.

Sorry for the back to back post , but I was curious how teams will be picked. Is it a lottery? A handicap based system? How much input do the captains and assistant captains have?

Sorry for the back to back post , but I was curious how teams will be picked. Is it a lottery? A handicap based system? How much input do the captains and assistant captains have?

The team announcements will made after the selection process is over. The captains and assistant captains will have some say but I wouldn't call it a lottery or HC based system. Basically we will try to make the teams as competitive as possible, but with the teams being picked so far in advance it is very difficult to know where everybody's game will be at when July rolls around. The event makes everybody a better golfer but some get better faster than others.

That's gonna be the trickiest part. Someone comes in as a 15, gets down to a 7. Holy game changer. I'd love to see everyone coming into July playing the best golf they've ever played and be on all cylinders.

That's gonna be the trickiest part. Someone comes in as a 15, gets down to a 7. Holy game changer. I'd love to see everyone coming into July playing the best golf they've ever played and be on all cylinders.

I agree that it is really fun to watch everyone be at their best for this event. There were several that did it last year, including one guy with B-Rad in his name. (Still can't believe I played golf with that guy in Ohio...)

Truth of the matter is that match play is the great equalizer and that, to a large extent, you can throw handicaps out the window during this event.

This is worth qouting on every page that has to do with the Morgan Cup. Dan is very passionate about this event and has such a great grasp on what this event means and what its about. I read that and I was ready to do everything I could do for the Morgan Cup and making sure that I post as much about the MC as I could and I'm not even going to be in the darn thing. Great, Great post Dan.

Canadan. Well said.

I don't worry about post count, I love this game, forum, people and the event. I love talking about the things above and even if I would post 100 posts a day, there would still be things to say the next day.

I guess I could have worded thus way as well. Nice dannyboy

This is the deepest MC to date.no one team will have an advantage over another. Each team will be solid top to bottom and we still have 8 spots to fill. Me thinks some amazing golf will be played. Hold on tight everyone, I have feeling MC prep will hit a new level. I see some stellar rounds being played in July.

This is the deepest MC to date.no one team will have an advantage over another. Each team will be solid top to bottom and we still have 8 spots to fill. Me thinks some amazing golf will be played. Hold on tight everyone, I have feeling MC prep will hit a new level. I see some stellar rounds being played in July.

For some of the veterans, this is not a new feeling, but I am amazed at what a motivator the MC is. I agree that there is some serious prep work being laid out in players heads if not already started on. #focusedlikealazerbeem

JM

Reading the posts just on page 28 of this thread stokes my fire up even more as I continue to make efforts to get into the MC '14. Thanks men!

For some of the veterans, this is not a new feeling, but I am amazed at what a motivator the MC is. I agree that there is some serious prep work being laid out in players heads if not already started on. #focusedlikealazerbeem

JM

Have to agree with you JM. Mine started the day I was excepted. Looking at the selected participants I'm glad I did. It's going to be seriously competitive, fun of course but it's going to get serious.

JM

Completely agree with you JM. Ever since I was selected not one ounce of golf time I have spent has been wasted. I have hit the gym big time and I have a game plan I am sticking with to get me through July. I have a timeline and goals and I will give them my all

KG

Just Tapping Away

I've been using it, just haven't paid for the upgrade for official handicap yet.. probably do it when all the contestants are picked

This is a great bump, I think all of us need to check in on this criteria now and again to keep it fresh. Its not a joke, do your part and this event will be incredible for us all.

I signed up for USHandicap when THP started offering it.

I use the GHIN system. It's included in my club dues and automatically renews every year.

I've been really happy with my ghin experience. Its also offered through my club which makes for easy entry.

This is a great bump, I think all of us need to check in on this criteria now and again to keep it fresh. Its not a joke, do your part and this event will be incredible for us all.

So I am guessing you're using it jman?

Back