Hypothetical Shopping Spree

Erky

Reaction score
OK let's just pretend that you just received a check that you were not expecting. For the sake of argument, let's say that check is in the amount of $1,258.72 and your wife doesn't know anything about it. How much damage would you do at a local golf shop, and what would you buy? Would you wait until after the PGA Show? Also, for the sake of this exercise, let's assume you live in Tampa, FL and could play immediately.

I would use it on the Gauntlet and Bridgestone Championship

I would redo my bag with the newest Callaway stuff, and use the rest to buy some music.

Well since I'm 16. I would redo my bag with the newest Callaway stuff, and use the rest to buy some music.

1258 couldnt even get you half of the newest cally stuff haha!

So you could do like Apex Irons
or a BB Driver FW and an X2hot hybo or something

Hmm. I was thinking of a full bag fitting at the Club Champion opening in Orlando later this month, and a new set of irons, wedges.

1258 couldnt even get you half of the newest cally stuff haha!

So you could do like Apex Irons
or a BB Driver FW and an X2hot hybo or something

Lol I was thinking the same thing! I would probably just save the money.

Hmm. I was thinking of a full bag fitting at the Club Champion opening in Orlando later this month, and a new set of irons, wedges.

That's solid.

But I couldn't keep it from my wife. Oops.

If my bag was set up like this:

Driver: :cobra:Amp Cell (Blue)
3/4 Wood: :cobra:Amp Cell (Blue)
Hybrid: :adams: Idea Black 17*
4-A: :taylormade: RocketBladez Tour
Wedges: Hopkins 54*, Titleist Vokey 58*
Putter: PING Sydney

with virtually nothing more than a year old, I might buy something for myself that I wouldn't normally get - maybe a really nice high end pair of golf shoes, spend $300 or $400 on a really nice night out with the wife and stash the rest aware for another day when I convinced myself I had to have the latest and greatest piece of new golf gear. The idea posted above about using it for THP outings is extremely wise, too.

Hypothetically of course....Membership to a local course/range. Balls. THP events.

If my bag was set up like this:

Driver: :cobra:Amp Cell (Blue)
3/4 Wood: :cobra:Amp Cell (Blue)
Hybrid: :adams: Idea Black 17*
4-A: :taylormade: RocketBladez Tour
Wedges: Hopkins 54*, Titleist Vokey 58*
Putter: PING Sydney

with virtually nothing more than a year old, I might buy something for myself that I wouldn't normally get - maybe a really nice high end pair of golf shoes, spend $300 or $400 on a really nice night out with the wife and stash the rest aware for another day when I convinced myself I had to have the latest and greatest piece of new golf gear. The idea posted above about using it for THP outings is extremely wise, too.

Honey, is that you?

$1258.72 - $629 to savings - $314 to wife = $315.72 left for me to blow on some new wedges. Mine need to be replaced.

I could keep it from my wife but I wouldnt.

I'd split it 50 50 to do whatever we wanted assuming it could not pay any bills or anything like that

I'd give it to my wife because unlike the Beatles, I can buy her love.

For $1,200 I could "win" a lot of clubs on a "twitter contest"

My wife is actually not a problem. I won't keep it from her (hypothetically speaking).

Honestly. Create that 1000 emergency fund then pay off a debt with the rest. Debt Free is the way for me. Boring I know!?!?!?!

I would go and get a full bag fitting and see what would be the best stuff to replace based on that, then replace as much as the budget allowed. So how much damage would I do? I'd blow the whole thing! Assuming the only option is golf clubs, of course. If there are other options, I'd probably do something boring with a large portion of it, like pay off more of a student loan or something :banghead:

I'd have to share the good news with my wife. I would never lie to her about "found" cash. I'd pay bills or save it for vacation. All new clubs are out of the picture, but a new driver is coming for the spring.

Well, if the money had to be spent at a golf shop then I would probably go with some new hybrids, but other than that I am actually pretty happy with the sticks in my bag. The rest would probably go to get a lot of clothes such as cold weather gear, shoes, belts, and things like that. If I could do what ever I wanted with the money it would be get a new recliner (mine is falling apart :crying:), get my wife pay on a few bills and then get the hybrids if there were any money left over.

I'd pay some bills off....boring I know, but when you're a single income family, all the extra cash helps keep you ahead of the game.

Now if all my bills were paid off, I'd use it for a THP weekend of some sort, like paying for all my Morgan Cup expenses, if I got in. Ex: Event, lodging, airfare, food etc.

I know when I got some "found" money recently, I bought something that I had wanted but had a hard time justifying otherwise, a Bushnell v3.

I'd spend most of it on women and booze. The rest, I'd just waste......:act-up:

Since it is all hypothetical, I would probably use it on a new set of irons, maybe used the rest on a rangefinder and possibly a new bag. New irons are coming this year though not hypothetically.

A full fitting at Cool Clubs.

Back