Cleveland 588 Altitude Driver Preview

I'm all for 44.5-44.75. Who doesn't want better accuracy?

I'm all for 44.5-44.75. Who doesn't want better accuracy?

At this point, it's just what is comfortable to me as well. I've played that length for 2 years now and hate messing with a good thing.

44.75 is stock length.

Your stock length or the 588 driver. Some of the newer drivers come off the shelf at 46 inches.

Oh, sorry Gray. That's the stock length of this driver.

At this point, it's just what is comfortable to me as well. I've played that length for 2 years now and hate messing with a good thing.

My J40 is at 44.5" and I absolutely love it. I plan on having my Callaway driver this year right around that ball park.

44.75 is stock length.

Now I am confused. The stock length for this driver is 45.75" per Cleveland's website.

Now I am confused. The stock length for this driver is 45.75" per Cleveland's website.

Well, that's because I'm an idiot and don't know how to type :)

Fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

Altitude in the house. Didn't even bother waiting. I chopped 1-1/4 inches off and gripped it with an ACE wrap. Looks awesome. Sounds pretty good too. So much reminds me of the X-Hot and that's a very good thing. Need to get some lead though, because the head is now super duper light feeling compared to my gamer.

Assuming no dramatic changes in my launch conditions in the next few months, this will be my driver at the MC. Spin and launch were very similar to the X-Hot. Dispersion was improved for me as well. Yay.

Altitude in the house. Didn't even bother waiting. I chopped 1-1/4 inches off and gripped it with an ACE wrap. Looks awesome. Sounds pretty good too. So much reminds me of the X-Hot and that's a very good thing. Need to get some lead though, because the head is now super duper light feeling compared to my gamer.

Assuming no dramatic changes in my launch conditions in the next few months, this will be my driver at the MC. Spin and launch were very similar to the X-Hot. Dispersion was improved for me as well. Yay.

I hit it a few months ago at PGA SS and I was really underwhelmed which was shocking to me. I went into it thinking it was going to be extremely similar to the CG Black which I love. Everything from the look to the performance of it was just underwhelming. It was pretty eye opening to me that even though you can go into something thinking it will work based on passed experience it is not always the case.

I think from address it looks pretty good, but the sole is pretty meh. It's definitely quite different than the Black in looks and the way the shaft feels. The Black was super soft in the midsection, so it always felt like the club was lagging way behind.

I think from address it looks pretty good, but the sole is pretty meh. It's definitely quite different than the Black in looks and the way the shaft feels. The Black was super soft in the midsection, so it always felt like the club was lagging way behind.

Which is probably why I liked it so much. Helped me get the ball up the air. And yeah the sole was meh but like everyone always says, you dont look at the sole. I heading to PGA SS again tonight. Maybe I will give it another try..for science. Heh

Wow. Nice man. I didn't see this coming.

In the name of science!

Wow. Nice man. I didn't see this coming.

I didn't either actually, but numbers don't lie. I need all the spin I can get. I may monkey around with shaft selection a bit in the coming months, but for now I'm just going go with the stock version and put some weight on the head to get it a little more hammer-ish.

I didn't either actually, but numbers don't lie. I need all the spin I can get. I may monkey around with shaft selection a bit in the coming months, but for now I'm just going go with the stock version and put some weight on the head to get it a little more hammer-ish.

Nice dude. I like that there are two pretty different options too. That you have this choice to make is a good thing for the consumer.

Heck yea it is. I think more people would fit into this than would like to admit really (not freaks of nature like you or Natedogg lol). With the right shaft of course.

Heck yea it is. I think more people would fit into this than would like to admit really (not freaks of nature like you or Natedogg lol). With the right shaft of course.

hahahhaa. I actually like the alignment aid on this one big time.

You never know dude. They offer the 6M3 as a shaft option in this one too!

You never know dude. They offer the 6M3 as a shaft option in this one too!

I have seen that. My initial thought when I found out I was going to be blessed by Cleveland was that setup exactly.

Only problem is it could be hard to find that combo to try out. Not difficult with the 588 Custom since it's got interchangeable shafts on the fitting cart.

Oops.....

I should've left the lead on the head that I added!

Only problem is it could be hard to find that combo to try out. Not difficult with the 588 Custom since it's got interchangeable shafts on the fitting cart.

Very true. I'll give both a shot. I have a feeling though that I'll be going in the other direction.

Ha! No worries cookie.

Talking to jb last night it may be mine as well

Back