My first handicap after not playing for 5 years, YEEEHAAAWWWW!

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
I've told my story a few times but the gist is that I stopped playing for over 5 years and got back into the game a few months back. I've played a fair bit of golf but have only been playing 9 holes at a time and quite often on my own. I've done this so that I can work out some issues I had and it seems to have paid off.
I finally have enough cards in for a handicap to be worked out and my mind is blown. I was playing off scratch when I stopped and I just checked online, my new handicap is 0.8 STOKED!!! I've had a few good rounds recently and even though I'm not playing as well as I know I can, I'm still managing to scramble around a course and put together a good score. I honestly can't begin to describe how happy I am, after my first few times out I was worried that I would never get back to playing good golf and feared I'd lost my feel. My mind is at rest now and I can't wait to start entering a few qualifying comps to get onto a provincial team. I'm by no means back to playing my best golf so I'm going to keep working to iron out the main issue and will use the lessons my fiance got me for my birthday to do so. The main issue I'm having is a nasty "straight pull" and it crops up at the worst time. It should be easy enough to fix though.
I have to make it clear that I'm not blowing my own trumpet, I'm just so damned happy!!!!!!!!!

Way to go mate that is awesome. Good to be back with an official handicap.

Hells yea mate!

Well that's a pretty good place to start! Nice playing

Incredible to take that much time off and come back with a .8! Well done sir!

I'm stoked for you, that is awesome after such a long layoff. Congrats.

Layoff or not that's an awesome number. Congrats!

That's impressive, keep up the solid work!

Well done. That is pretty damn impressive.

Well done, outstanding actually!

He'll of a lot better then me, nice going!

(I was a 6-7, broke my back, now 11.3 after 9 months, but should drop to single quite soon once we can play qualifying again)

Congrats, man! I can only imagine being able to play that well!

I hate you :D Congrats man, that's freakin impressive.

Congrats. A 0.8 is remarkable and is something to be respected IMO.

Great job Clint

Damn that's an impressive cap, Clint! Kudos, and may it drop even further!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Damn 0.8!!! Awesome after a layoff. Id say youll be in the + soon!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

He'll of a lot better then me, nice going!

(I was a 6-7, broke my back, now 11.3 after 9 months, but should drop to single quite soon once we can play qualifying again)

Say what, you broke your back? Congrats on getting back to the game so quickly, that's really bloody impressive!

Great comeback with more to come by the sounds of things, good stuff!

Way to go Clint....glad you're back in the saddle!

Very Nice! Good Job!

Very impressive....especially after the layoff !
I hope to get mine down around 1 this year.
Congrats !

A 0.8 is stellar even for someone who has been playing for the last 5 years. Or 10 years for that matter. Good job!

that's impressive. Nicely done!

Wish I could get to an 8 much less a .8. Nice job

Back