Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Driver Preview

is that true? I can't imagine there would be more than a gram or two difference. I thought it was about changing the loft selection. Now I'll have to buy one so I can weigh the two adapters :D

Wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy the new adapter?? Then again whats rhe fun in that!

is that true? I can't imagine there would be more than a gram or two difference. I thought it was about changing the loft selection. Now I'll have to buy one so I can weigh the two adapters :D

Yes, its true. In club designs grams make HUGE differences in designs and performance. R&D guys literally scratch and claw for grams, half grams, and even more fractional weight. Yes, the lofts changed (3 draw settings now, not fade), but little things like weight also make a huge difference.

I saw the Bio Cells in Golfsmith when I ran in to grab my irons that I had regirped but couldn't stay and hit them since I was in uniform but I will be headed back this weekend for their promotion for the Bio Cell and will bring my gamer in for a little comparison.

The PGA Store I visited today only had *one* Bio Cell driver in stock, and it was a regular flex. They didn't have any demo clubs. What is this world coming to?

There were plenty of Bio Cell 3W and hybrids though. Very good looking clubs. I'll get to swing one eventually

No demos at either GS or PGA here as well. PGA did have all the drivers, fw, and hybos in stock - the + though. GS better get busy before Saturday!

No demos at either GS or PGA here as well. PGA did have all the drivers, fw, and hybos in stock - the + though. GS better get busy before Saturday!

they had the + in stock? I thought that wasn't releasing for another month?

they had the + in stock? I thought that wasn't releasing for another month?

Sorry, should have been more clear (- the +) meant everything but the plus.

Hi guys

vuvyhesa.jpg

That green is awesome!!!

Sweet looking club, ddec.

Please tell me you purchased this?

nah couldn't do it yesterday. Holding off purchases till post PGA Show. But boy did it look sweet. In fact I like the looks of the entire Bio Cell wood lineup. I think they improved the looks over the AMP Cell which I thought was a good looking stick.

Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Driver Preview

I didn't get to swing it but I can say that this driver looks really really good in person. I absolutely love the cell design incorporated into the top of the head.

nu5u8esu.jpg

I didn't get to swing it but I can say that this driver looks really really good in person. I absolutely love the cell design incorporated into the top of the head.

nu5u8esu.jpg

The cell design looks nice doesn't it? Love how the club sets up.

The cell design looks nice doesn't it? Love how the club sets up.

Yep, it sure does - and the hybrid does as well. FW has a pretty big footprint though.

Ok, went to Golftec in golfsmith today. Had a practice session then noticed the Cell sitting in the hitting bay.

Wow. Even with the stock 6.0 shaft I was seeing low spin and high ball speed with decent launch. A few I really got into I saw launch at 11, spin at 2200 and total distance over 320, carry around 285-290. Ball speed around 165.

Best numbers I've seen in a while. Now I think the shaft was a little whippy as my face was hanging just a hair open, but man. Nice sound too. Couldn't believe how low spinning this was. Thought the monitor was broken but then hit an x2 hot and spin was well over 3000.

Not sure i could spin the cell+ enough based on what I saw. Wow!

Went to the release event at GolfSmith for the free fitting and club demo. I was borderline regular/stiff flex, but the fitter recommended the stiff anyway since not only was I using that in the past, but said once I can control my slice the stiff would be perfect. Told me I had a smooth rhythmic swing which is good to hear. He recommended a stiff flex in 10.5* but if I start to go to the left to swap it to 10.5* with draw. The shaft has both regular and draw settings on it that you can change up on the fly as with any other adjustable shaft. The graphics on the ProjectX shaft are rather meh, but once I get a shaft fitting I will go for the aftermarket version. Was a bit disappointed that GS only carried black and silver as I really wanted the blue head.

Headcover
Spoiler
20140118_141536.jpg

Bottom
Spoiler
20140118_141615.jpg

Face
Spoiler
20140118_141641.jpg

Crown
Spoiler
20140118_141812.jpg

The black head looked great and I almost went for it, but there aren't too many silver drivers out there. Still wanted a blue one :crying:

They only had black and silver in at Golf Town here as well. The black looked so good. The web/cell design is a super night touch.

For such a big purchase why not just wait or order a blue one?

Went to Golfsmith today because it was their Bio Cell Demo day. Got paired up with Steve one of the Master Fitters and GM, he was great very knowledgeable and helpful.

I'm currently playing Cleveland Classic 290 10.5 loft w/ a stiff flex. Off the bat I could tell the weighting was very similar to the classic. He set me up with the stiff flex to start. Started with a few practice swings that I was slicing way to the right and distance was only 200-215 but just practice swings so that was okay.

First thing the dispersion on this was extremely tight to the center I did have occasionally misses left and right but for 90% of my swings right down the middle. Also the sound of the face when I hit it pure oh man it sounded great really liked the sound and feel of this club as well.

I was catching a few shots off the heel and my ball flight was lower than normal (and I have a pretty low ball flight) I tried the regular flex but I started to pull it and get some hooks in there so we went back to the S flex and Steve adjusted it to my ideal setting of 11.5 loft with D tendency, still with the S flex.

The only negative was that my purée drives carried only 230 with 240 as total distance which is 10-20 yds less than I get with my current club. My disclaimer though is I haven't swung a club since thanksgiving so I'm probably a little off.

Overall I think this is a great club because I would sacrifice the distance if it meant more FIR, since I currently have one to two blow up holes a round where that errant tee shot definitely costs me a few strokes in my overall score.

Back