19 years ago our lives were changed forever!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
7:00 Eastern Time, January 17, 1995. The Golf Channel was launched! Golf! 396!

Watch the first video they ever aired here:

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/golf-channel-launches-january-17-1995/?cid=twitter_gc_v_january_17_1995_launch_011714

1530399_10152105877466676_96457778_n.jpg

Been watching since the first day my cable provider offered it. They have really done a great job with it all things considered. Hard to believe it has been 19 years though.

JM

I enjoy the heck out of the Golf Channel and watch a ton of golf on it.

I was so excited when the GC launched. It has come so far

I was so excited when the GC launched. It has come so far

I recorded so many Golf Channel Academy/Academy Live on the VCR. Wish I still had those tapes!

Probably the most watched channel in my house which is why it is probably the most hated channel by my wife.

Doesn't seem like it's been that long.

I probably started watching it when I started golfing, like 1998. I just remember a ton of Euro golf tournaments were on non stop back then. Finally got it back in 2008, about the same time I started taking golf back up. I'd say GC is on 95% of the time I'm watching tv. And the programming is getting better.

I've barely been alive that long! 19 years is pretty awesome. And the only reality show they do is Big Break. Love it!

whats 396?

Probably the most watched channel in my house which is why it is probably the most hated channel by my wife.

Couldn't have said it any better!

One of the best ideas in the world of golf.

I remember when GC first came on. I started watching all the time. My Ex-Wife hated it, but it was something that was always on in the house.

That is a trip it has been 19years. I enjoy watching a lot. Very cool how far they have come.

Been watching since the first day my cable provider offered it. They have really done a great job with it all things considered. Hard to believe it has been 19 years though.

JM

My thoughts as well.

yet still sky italy doesn't offer it

Man - it's hard to believe it's been 19 years, and at the same time it seems like it's always been there. Good stuff for the most part.

Highlights for me:

dozens of VHS tapes of Golf Channel Academy video lessons! Some I still have.
Getting to watch Q School
Big Break (also on the lowlights list)
Getting to watch full rounds & not just highlights

19 years ago our lives were changed forever!

Funny this popped up today. I was watching Tin Cup again last night. When she is getting her lesson and wearing all the training junk she says she got it all from the Golf Channel. I instantly thought, "damn, how long have they been around anyway"...

Last edited:
Wow....19 years? I've enjoyed it since and will continue to do so.

Absolutely love the Golf Channel, watch it as much and often as I can. Can't believe how much it has changed over the years.

A big change indeed 19 years ago. 19 years and 59 days ago I got married, and the number of rounds of golf I play each year decreased 75%.:act-up: I made up for it by watching a lot of the golf channel. Kidding aside, I married up and couldn't be happier!

Back