Ball Fitting - FINALLY!!!

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I checked the Bridgestone website and they are finally having their ball fittings here in southern California (and within driving distance as well!!) :joy:

Do you need to sign up for these or just show up? Are they going to recommend a Bridgestone ball? What encompasses these ball fittings?

TIA :)

Here is another thread on ball fitting. There are about 5-10 of them on here. You show up and you can hit any single ball you would like to try. And then they will compare it to a Bridgestone ball. If another brand works better, they will recommend the other brand.

Bridgestone Ball Fitting - The Hackers Paradise

I didnt know Bridgestone made pink golf balls! :D

I'm not going to say forgetta about bridgestone's analysis, but what percentage of ball fittings do you think they would suggest another brand over theirs.

I believe (if you can), get your launch monitor numbers for driver, 5 iron, and wedge and use the golf ball selector web site. I believe they just upgraded their software, but do not have the 2010 balls analyzed yet. Probably around springtime. They do seem brand independent.

Maybe there is a ball shoot out in the works at THP.

I wish we could use balls without a brand name on it for that kind of test.

I'm not going to say forgetta about bridgestone's analysis, but what percentage of ball fittings do you think they would suggest another brand over theirs.

At the show last year they recommended other balls at the time. At the fitting at my course done by Bridgestone a few months back they had no problem recommending other balls if they worked better. I was fitted for another brand actually.

Failed to realize Precept was a branch of Bridgestone...:banghead:

My experience with Bridgestone ball fitting was great. They do recommend which ever ball is best for the player. I remember reading or seeing a statistic from them indicating that last year they recommended something other than Bridgestone about 20% of the time.

This is where I'm a little hesitant since it is a Bridgestone ball fitting are they more likely to push for the Bridgestone...thanks for the info and I will have to look more into this :)

This is where I'm a little hesitant since it is a Bridgestone ball fitting are they more likely to push for the Bridgestone...thanks for the info and I will have to look more into this :)

You can test any ball you would like to.

Worst case, they tell you which Bridgestone works best for you, and give you a couple for free.

Then if you dont like that ball, you have a place to start from, in finding a new ball.

My experience with Bridgestone ball fitting was great. They do recommend which ever ball is best for the player. I remember reading or seeing a statistic from them indicating that last year they recommended something other than Bridgestone about 20% of the time.

That's pretty admirable. I would even say that it is comforting to hear, but I would still go to an independent ball fitter (brand independent) over a brand ball fitter. Even from a technical science standpoint, you would have to believe the ball analysis is skewed (80% Bridgestone recommendation is still pretty high from a scientists perspective). I would bet that number is at least 2 SD's (standard deviation) above the norm from an independent fitter.

I believe the same is true for club fitting. Go see someone who is wide open to find you the right club and shaft rather than someone finding you the best Ping or Taylor Made or Callaway for your game.

You still have to apply common sense on whether the fitter is just trying to sell you stuff, but at least the vision is not skewed.

Let us know how it goes! I play the Precept Lady IQ Plus, which I see is in your signature, after being introduced to the by THP. I love them and am also a fan of the B330-RX

I can understand why people are doubting it, but when you're looking at side-by-side comparisons of the numbers on a screen with the fitter, it's not that difficult to see which is giving the better performance for your game.

I watched at least a dozen guys go through before me at my fitting back in November, and saw 3 guys get other brands recommended. Most of them had picked out a ball to try that the Bridgestone option handily outperformed.

The one negative I see with the Bridgestone fitting is that it's limited by time to the number of other balls you can try. Usually it's your option vs. the fitter's recommendation. I'd have liked a chance to try out 5-6 different balls and see what worked best.

So I guess I'll ask the question. Does ball fitting really help improve your game? I'm thinkin about going up to the golf stop this week and getting it done. I usually use a softer ball like a prov1x or touri or ix because of the feel around the greens but am curious to see if there would be something to better suit my game. Is this the type of thing that could really help or something that might get you 3 or 4 more yds?

I may be the exception here, but while I believe in a ball fitting, I don't believe in doing it on a range. To me a ball fitting starts at the green and work backwards. Now, if I had a terrible slice problem and thats what was busting my score it might be different, but I want a ball that holds the green and is very puttable. I think I can get there with any ball most of the time.

Those 3 yards are not going to drop my score as much as holding the green from 130 yrds and in.

So I guess I'll ask the question. Does ball fitting really help improve your game? I'm thinkin about going up to the golf stop this week and getting it done. I usually use a softer ball like a prov1x or touri or ix because of the feel around the greens but am curious to see if there would be something to better suit my game. Is this the type of thing that could really help or something that might get you 3 or 4 more yds?

Yes. WHy play a ball because it works for everybody else when you can get a ball that is perfect for your game. Perfect example of that is you play the tour i or the tour ix. Those are different balls geared towards much different swings.

Ok so I went to the golf ball fitting today and it was kinda fun. Only problem was the printer had no ink so I could not get my results to go with me. I saw on another post about someone getting their info online so Iam hoping hat can happen. They also did not have the ball I have been playing for the last couple of months (Nike Crush) so I tested against the one I played before it (Srixon). Yes they suggested the Bridgestone e6.

Re: Ball Fitting - FINALLY!!!

Where was the fitting rhino? Was it the bridgestone fitting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was at Roger Dunn in Seal Beach. They will be at Santa Ana on Saturday. Yes it was Bridgestone

Ok so I went to the golf ball fitting today and it was kinda fun. Only problem was the printer had no ink so I could not get my results to go with me. I saw on another post about someone getting their info online so Iam hoping hat can happen. They also did not have the ball I have been playing for the last couple of months (Nike Crush) so I tested against the one I played before it (Srixon). Yes they suggested the Bridgestone e6.

WR -

THey should have had you fill out a form, with all your information. Go ahead and sign up for the BOOM Club, and sooner or later, your information will be uploaded (it may be instant, I'm not sure, I signed up a few weeks after I did my ball fitting) Bridgestone Golf: BOOM Club

I was actually fitted for the TreoSoft, and I played it for a while, but I got all the same ball flight out of the 330-RX, plus a ton more greenside control, so I've been playing them ever since.

They took the info down.. and I igned up for boom club earlier... that was what I kinda figured

Last Saturday, I did the Bridgestone ball fitting. My results still aren't on there but they said it will go on the website after 7-10 business days.

Back