Not keeping score?

blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Could you play a round of golf and not keep score? Do you think it would affect how you play, positive or negative?

Couldn't do it. Would keep it in my head regardless. The only way I could do it if it was a true practice round where I played multiple balls and hit multiple shots from the same area.

Do it all the time when I'm testing. Play a couple or 5 balls and hit shots. Sometimes I don't even putt.

Honestly, I don't think I could go without some way of keeping track, it would drive me crazy. But I could totally do a different scoring method, like stableford, match play, etc. I think that could take some of the pressure off.

I do it a lot when I go out with the wife and kids. I know what I get on each hole, but never write it down and never add the score as I go.

I've actually done that my last few rounds, just went to have fun and not care. Doesn't really affect my game if I keep score or not...I can play equally poor/well either way.

I actually like doing this from time to time. I usually just do it when I play an early morning round by myself.

I'll try different shots, sometimes even drop another ball and play a shot differently just to see how it works. I call it an "instructional" round.

I have a pretty decent sense of how I played that day, but I have no clue on the final score. I'm actually going to try to do a few more of those rounds this year. It's a good change of pace.

It's hard to not keep score

Unless I am the one holding the scorecard when we play, I only keep score for the actual hole and don't look at the card until the end of the round to see how I have played. If I have the card then I can't help but cast my eyes over the scores, although I don't total them up

That is the closest I get to not keeping score, but I am not sure I could completely forget about keeping a score of some kind

It's been known to happen. There are times when I don't keep score during the rounds at my course when playing by myself, but I always go through the round in my head afterwards and am able to come up with what I shot. Bottom line is I have no issue with not keeping score on occasion if it means I'm going to enjoy myself out there more. To me, there's a lot more to the game than that number. There has to be, otherwise I would have walked away a long time ago.

I only get to play so often so I do I want it to count I guess.

i kinda do it...i guess. sometimes.

but normally later that day, i will recap and come up with an estimate of what i might have shot, if i had not put 2 or 3 different balls in play.

i don't really care about score that much tho.

It's hard for me to not keep score when I'm playing. Now if I'm out there by myself and hitting a lot of shots off the tee or into a green, then I guess it wouldn't be to tough to shrug off the scoring. However I bet I'd still think about my first shots and figure my total still. ha ha

I often like to "practice" on course rather than beating balls at the range. These are occasions where I do not keep score for the fact that I may be playing multiple balls or taking multiple putts to learn the tendency of a green. It's kind of relieving sometimes to get out on the course and not have to worry about scoring.

If I am trying new equipment, I will hit multiple balls per hole. I still keep score on each ball as another way to compare the stuff I am testing.

I could but it would only be if I was testing something, or just dropping balls in random spots to work on shots, the later is not possible anymore since I dont belong to a club where I can play late in the evening with no one on the course

Could you play a round of golf and not keep score? Do you think it would affect how you play, positive or negative?

I know exactly what my score is at all times. I don't think it's possible for me to play a round and not think about where I am.

I know exactly what my score is at all times. I don't think it's possible for me to play a round and not think about where I am.

Even Dan. Your score is Even. It can't be that hard to know what your score is. Hehe

Even Dan. Your score is Even. It can't be that hard to know what your score is. Hehe

Yep, it's hard not to be able to follow par, par, par, par, par, par . . .

I keep track of score on a hole, but don't always write it down. Don't keep a running tally in my head at all as I think that messes with my concentration.

I dont keep numbers or right them down during the round. Over, under, or even on holes. Just keep a running tally. I couldnt imagine not keeping some sort of track it would seem pointless..

I actually like doing this from time to time. I usually just do it when I play an early morning round by myself.

I'll try different shots, sometimes even drop another ball and play a shot differently just to see how it works. I call it an "instructional" round.

I have a pretty decent sense of how I played that day, but I have no clue on the final score. I'm actually going to try to do a few more of those rounds this year. It's a good change of pace.

Im with Seth on this one. I usually do it if I want to play but need to work on some things and work out kinks.

I do it all the time. I really like to go out on my home course early in the morning by myself and work on things. I'll play multiple balls, work on short game, not really worry about putting. Try different strategies for course management, driver vs. fairway wood off certain tees, lay up vs. going for par 5s, work on bunkers, etc. I've found it really helps my game. I'll often run into our club teaching pro doing the same thing and we'll work together on stuff.

haha, maybe that's a part of it, as I do not keep a total score but rather know where I am in relation to par.

I just have a hard time disconnecting from that number.

haha, maybe that's a part of it, as I do not keep a total score but rather know where I am in relation to par.

I just have a hard time disconnecting from that number.

4 x 18. I just filled out your scorecards for the year

:alien:

Back