The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Bieber admitted to police that he drank alcohol, smoked pot, and took prescription drugs the night he was arrested. I think that may have just been his way of announcing that he’s running for mayor of Toronto. - - - Jimmy Kimmel

Justin Bieber admitted to police that he drank alcohol, smoked pot, and took prescription drugs the night he was arrested. I think that may have just been his way of announcing that he’s running for mayor of Toronto. - - - Jimmy Kimmel

That's funny. The only difference is that old Mr. Mayor would have swapped out the pot for some crack.

Still one of my favorite golfing on course moments:

"Hey, I hit a 54* there. What did you hit?"

There was a guy at my dad's old club that would ask young people what they hit on their approach if they missed the green.

"Oh, just a wedge."
"Oh, well I hit the green."

If you just watch the news or listen to the radio this is what the Houston area looks like
4e5y4e7e.jpg

There was a guy at my dad's old club that would ask young people what they hit on their approach if they missed the green.

"Oh, just a wedge."
"Oh, well I hit the green."

That's the story behind the "I hit a 54*" quote.

Troy and I were playing Jaxgolfer ad Bogeybrain in Sarasota. On the 18th, Jaxgolfer hit driver and Troy hit 3W to the same spot. Troy asked Jaxgolfer what he hit off the tee to gloat.

We were about 100 yards out. Staying consistent with our round, Troy and I both missed the green, and Jaxgolfer put it about 15 feet from the pin. Jaxgolfer nonchalantly looked at Troy and said, "I hit my 54* there. What did you hit?"

It was pretty awesome.

That's the story behind the "I hit a 54*" quote.

Troy and I were playing Jaxgolfer ad Bogeybrain in Sarasota. On the 18th, Jaxgolfer hit driver and Troy hit 3W to the same spot. Troy asked Jaxgolfer what he hit off the tee to gloat.

We were about 100 yards out. Staying consistent with our round, Troy and I both missed the green, and Jaxgolfer put it about 15 feet from the pin. Jaxgolfer nonchalantly looked at Troy and said, "I hit my 54* there. What did you hit?"

It was pretty awesome.

To be fair, we were all square and on 18. Was trying to get in his head and it backfired. Jeff was throwing darts all day, nothing can phase that guy.

To be fair, we were all square and on 18. Was trying to get in his head and it backfired. Jeff was throwing darts all day, nothing can phase that guy.

I don't know... Making a bunch of 10-footers to save par and halve the hole seemed to have a lasting effect.

Heh.

Why is that?

Bc we had overnight lows of freezing temps (low 30's) people woke up to a little snow and icy roads. All major school districts closed, commuters were encouraged to work from home.... Just a mess all around for a little snow & ice. Don't get me wrong I've driven on Ice & know it's dangerous, but you would think we are in the NE with all the news. Just comical

I want the crap out of Houston and to be home already.

Bc we had overnight lows of freezing temps (low 30's) people woke up to a little snow and icy roads. All major school districts closed, commuters were encouraged to work from home.... Just a mess all around for a little snow & ice. Don't get me wrong I've driven on Ice & know it's dangerous, but you would think we are in the NE with all the news. Just comical

To be fair to everyone down there, they are not prepared for it.

I'm guessing that they don't have a fleet of snow plows, and sand/salt trucks to clear it and drivers probably don't have the experience to drive on ice roads and snow.

When we landed at Midway in Chicago during that big snowstorm two weeks ago they had enough snow plows to clear a runway in one pass. It's been awhile since I've seen that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That's because he doesn't waste his time with all that practice, or even playing golf, nonsense.

I'm guessing that they don't have a fleet of snow plows, and sand/salt trucks to clear it and drivers probably don't have the experience to drive on ice roads and snow.

When we landed at Midway in Chicago during that big snowstorm two weeks ago they had enough snow plows to clear a runway in one pass. It's been awhile since I've seen that.

No doubt people don't know how to drive, but it's a little ridiculous how big a deal the news folks are making of it. The sand trucks have been prepping bridges & overpasses since last night. Is it an inconvenience, yes, but not to shut down schools, etc.

No doubt people don't know how to drive, but it's a little ridiculous how big a deal the news folks are making of it. The sand trucks have been prepping bridges & overpasses since last night. Is it an inconvenience, yes, but not to shut down schools, etc.

I bask in snow and sub zero temps....
7y9u7e9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I didn't watch the voice, but Jared Blake is here in town to play at our bar. He was a finalist on it. So that's pretty cool.

Must be good cause the bar manager is excited and he hates country music.

I've just wasted (well actually I'd say wisely spent) the past 2 hours here on THP just BS'ing and I'd just like to say, "Damn, it feels good to be back"!

It is quite impressive to watch an airport crew clear the runways, they know what they are doing.

I've just wasted (well actually I'd say wisely spent) the past 2 hours here on THP just BS'ing and I'd just like to say, "Damn, it feels good to be back"!

Good to have you back, Colt!

Tonight is really my first chance to get to put the full on new version (new icon and everything) of Tapatalk through its paces. This app really kicks arse now!

Tonight is really my first chance to get to put the full on new version (new icon and everything) of Tapatalk through its paces. This app really kicks arse now!

I found the .apk for the old version and have been rocking that. Love the old school Tapatalk.

I found the .apk for the old version and have been rocking that. Love the old school Tapatalk.

I'm just a sucker for the clean "flat" look that people are doing nowadays. This app is THE reason I won't give windows phone a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back