anybody heading to warmer weather for a winter golf trip ??

I went to the Ultimate Testing in Howey in the Hills. But it wasn't exactly warm.

Got invited to Myrtle Feb 7-10, room is paid for and so is the rental car, just airline, food and greens fees for me.....hope its at least over 40 degrees, my fingers are crossed

HH baby!!!

Just got back from Florida and the Ultimate Testing. Boy, was I a dumba** for coming home to this cold weather. I should have stayed down there for at least another week. The extended forecast shows that it will be more than 10 days before I can get out and play here in the N. GA mountains.

Same here buddy, it's freezing here and will remain cold for quite a while, I'm itching to get out with those new sticks and Bridgestone balls.

Sometimes when I'm worried it's going to be a bit chilly, I'll drive about 30 minutes north and play in Benson, AZ. It's about 2000 to 2500 feet lower in altitude, so it's usually a bit warmer.

Not many "chilly" days for us this month! Warmest January ever. Good to know about San Pedro. How was it when you played recently?

Hilton head in march baby

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

only in my head....

I'm staying at my mom's house in Chandler. I'd love to head down to Marana for the WGC Match Play if I'm out there that week.

The best days, I think, are Tuesday for practice day and Wed/Thurs. After that I watch on TV, since there are only 16 golfers left after Thursday and a bit harder to follow. The weather has been in the 70s for weeks here. Watch, come February we will get snow again! You are probably about 40 minutes away in Chandler. Definitely worth seeing. Might be the last year in Tucson, unfortunately. Tiger should be here.

The temp here is somewhere around minus stupid (Celsius) so looking forward to being in Orlando the first week in Feb.
Will start with the Superbowl festivities then golf the rest of the week. Have rounds booked for Harmony Golf Preserve and Reunion. Still looking for a easy "old course" to start with, thinking about Dubsdread any thoughts on this?

Where are you playing in Mesquite? I went there a few years ago. Weather should be great right now!

Actually just got back from a trip to Myrtle. Not super warm, but better than the 11˚ we're chilling at right now!

Wolf Creek, Conestoga, Paiute Sun & Coyote Springs ... pretty good lineup

Wolf Creek, Conestoga, Paiute Sun & Coyote Springs ... pretty good lineup

I've played Wolf Creek and pauite...not much on earth that beats the views at Wolf creek

No need to Dry and in the upper 60's low 70's in NorCal but we could really use a bit of rain

More than a bit, we need about a foot of rain!!! For Northern California 2013 was the driest year since they started keeping records in 1879. 2014 is shaping up to be one of the top ten driest years if we don't get rain in the next couple months. Once April hits, we never get any rain until October or November. Can you tell I'm a skier and bummed at the lack of snow?

I'm headed to the Palm Desert in March and then Orlando in April...this is going to be one helluva spring!

Not many "chilly" days for us this month! Warmest January ever. Good to know about San Pedro. How was it when you played recently?

It was alright, but the first green is a frozen mess. Otherwise, I'd say it's in as good a shape as it ever is.

I thought I was last weekend, but ended up with the exact same weather in Florida as we had in North Carolina.

The wife and I may drive about 2 hours south for the weekend to get into some 40 degree temps and get out of the 20's.

QUOTE=bigtazz53;2737613]The Australian gov should fly the THPers down from Memphis. Where we play it usually will rain the night before :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I know plenty of farmers that you glady shout you a round if you can bring the rain..:rain:

We usually go down to Santee, South Carolina for a little getaway. Its a very cheap trip and the courses are in pretty good shape. We usually go in January but, this year were going down in March. Also being a hour from Charleston gives us a few more options if need be.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Tapatalk

We usually go down to Santee, South Carolina for a little getaway. Its a very cheap trip and the courses are in pretty good shape. We usually go in January but, this year were going down in March. Also being a hour from Charleston gives us a few more options if need be.

Good choice, it's not exactly warm in this area right now.

Which courses do you like in the area? Orangeburg Country Club is always fun and Wyboo in Manning is enjoyable.

THP Events FTW :angel:

anybody heading to warmer weather for a winter golf trip ??

While I am heading to Orlando in April for #theking, I'm also planning on a warm up trip before that. There is no way I'm going to make my first round of the year outside the day before the event. I'm actually hoping to get in two weekend trips prior to April. One to the pacific NW to play a round with my SkiBum teammate, and hopefully one to Arizona for a long weekend. It's actually cheaper to fly from Anchorage to Phoenix than from Anchorage to Seattle.

Trying to get out to Vegas at the end of February. Anyone know if they are able to post their scores year round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I haven't played much in the Santee area. The main reason is because Pinehurst and Myrtle Beach are actually closer to me.

I need to get away from Georgia for a while because it's colder than a mountain well diggers arse here these days:beat-up:

Back