Lake Charles - 2014 THP Invitational #2 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

If I can't get into the event can I still come and play with y'all Friday and Sunday? And Saturday will just be miller time while watching the fellow thp'ers.

How can you be an elite hunter if you don't hunt with an Elite Hunter?

If I can't get into the event can I still come and play with y'all Friday and Sunday? And Saturday will just be miller time while watching the fellow thp'ers.

To start with, you will want to contact GolferGal and get on the list and join the Albatross Club. You cant get into the event without doing those two things.

No roomate needed list:
bryanmac520 - Lake Charles, LA - home
Shakey - Weatherford, TX (DFW) - w/ bryanmac
TexasBubba - DFW - w/ bryanmac

Pkielwa - N.E. Louisiana - L'Auberge w/ bhilton
bhilton - Ruston, LA - L'Auberge w/ Pkiela

mikeg_74 - Katy, TX - Shacking up w/ Mrs. mikeg_74 @ L'Auberge

Miller Time - Milledgeville, GA - staying in Lafayette

jflores - Houston, TX - shacking up w/ Mrs. Jflores - LaQuinta

Bogey317 - Bloomington, IN - 3 way shack up
JeffReedMO - Moberly, MO - 3 way shack up
Jskittle - Bluffton, SC - 3 way shack up

Dance Business - Cordova, TN - w/ jholl2277
jholl2277 - Memphis, TN - w/ Dance Business

bigtazz53 - Memphis, TN - w/ GuitarJunkie
GuiterJunkie - Arlington, TN w/ bigtazz53

ThreeBoysDad - DFW - w/ awfcardinal @ HI Express
awfcardinal - DFW - w/ TBD @ HI Express
capt. dru - Weatherford, TX (DFW) - w/ TBD & awfcardinal

Cookie - DFW
TNTcigarguy- San Francisco, CA

TripleBogeyTim - Bay City, TX
OITW - Belmont, MA

Nomadic_duffer - Denver, CO

jank - Houston, TX
easy8 - Granbury, TX (DFW)

Barberakb - Clovis, NM
Vegan702 - Las Vegas, NV

GIBBY - Lake Charles

Need Roommate list:
ROliver - Austin, TX

Don't know yet:
v.man - North Georgia
O'Carroll - Albany, NY
GrizBear - Florala, AL

If you've made plans or need a roomie, let me know so I can update.

For those of you golfing Friday and Sunday. What times are we looking at?

Hoping for noon or 1 on Friday and then early Sunday (no later than 9).

noon on Friday and early Sunday before 10.

Hoping for noon or 1 on Friday and then early Sunday (no later than 9).
Brian and I are in on a Friday round. If 1pm can happen, awesome! We can leave by 7AM and still get there. If noon, fine too. But we're definitely both in on Friday.

Wife and I are dropping the boys off at school then leaving Houston. Looking to play a round around noon or 1. Look forward to my first event.

I land at Houston Hobby Friday morning at 10:30 am. Baggage, meeting up with v.man, snagging the rental, and a 2 hour drive up to Lake Charles....puts us there realistically around 2:00 pm. I think we could still get 18 holes in if anyone is interested in waiting that late to play.

I land at Houston Hobby Friday morning at 10:30 am. Baggage, meeting up with v.man, snagging the rental, and a 2 hour drive up to Lake Charles....puts us there realistically around 2:00 pm. I think we could still get 18 holes in if anyone is interested in waiting that late to play.

I get in around 11am and catching a ride with TBT so I think we'd be down for a 1:30-2pm round on Friday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saturday will definitely be Miller Time! Ha. Hope you sign up for the AC and get on the waiting list. The invitationals are a blast and this course looks amazing.

Prolly a stupid question but... any special rules we should know? I assume no denim and collar required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it to the motel just outside of Charleson, Wv. In a snowstorm!! Wake up this morning to 1 degree temp. Very little heat at store I am working at! Can't wait for warm weather and Lake Charles!!!

Prolly a stupid question but... any special rules we should know? I assume no denim and collar required.

Pretty much. Just standard golf attire.

Correct

How's the weather down there during that time period? Pants/shorts? Rain gear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How's the weather down there during that time period? Pants/shorts? Rain gear?
Could be all of the above.

When it gets close, just keep an eye on the forecast & pack accordingly. If there is any chance of rain, pack the gear because when it rains in the spring its usually a down pour.

I'm good for a Friday round. I'm leaving Houston early fri morning.

Thought I’d combine my earlier post with Bryan’s pictures. I’ll put them up a couple of holes at a time.

Starting out, the Clubhouse is just to the right of the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Tee.

IMG_3038_zpsbdd8b61f.jpg

Hole 1 - long straight par 5. Fairway bunkers left & right. Its a pretty wide fairway, but you have to carry a little bit of water. Cart path runs down the right side. Right of the cart path is tall junkie stuff that you won't find a ball in. Green has bunkers on the left, but thats OK, because they could save you from going in the pond on the left if youo vercook a ball left. You can miss it short, long or right & be safe. It's a pretty big green, but most of them are. Not much break in it.

From #1Tee:
IMG_3039_zps2d4d85cf.jpg

#1 FW
IMG_3041_zps692c4040.jpg

#1 Green
IMG_3043_zps5e962d9f.jpg

I SO WISH I could have made this. You guys are going to have so much fun.

JM

Maybe it might be to early to ask but what tee box do these tournaments usually play from? If from the tips, then I need to step up my weight lifting game.

Maybe it might be to early to ask but what tee box do these tournaments usually play from? If from the tips, then I need to step up my weight lifting game.

Not too long. I can't recall playing anything over 6,500 max.

Today, we'll take a look at the 2nd hole at Contraband Bayou

Hole 2 - A long uphill par 4. Around 415yds IIRC. FW bunker left. Greenside bunker left. Another huge green.

#2 Tee - From the front tees. The bushes on the left block the few of the FW bunker.
IMG_3044_zps20196651.jpg

#2 FW from about 100yds out on the right
IMG_3045_zpsae4e55dd.jpg

#2 Green from a couple of angles
IMG_3046_zps4b92882e.jpg

IMG_3047_zps7ece29e1.jpg

You can get a feel of how big the greens are with these pics.

Back