Lake Charles - 2014 THP Invitational #2 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As many have read over the last few weeks, THP has a full schedule of close to 15 events coming in 2014. Part of those events is the 2014 THP Invitational Series sponsored by Bridgestone Golf. It consists of 4 events plus the THP Bridgestone Championship. To read about the entire 2014 THP Events Calendar, click here.

Today we are excited to continue the THP Invitational Series Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf with the 2nd event being held in Lake Charles, LA.

BStoneShieldLogo13-Th.png

Invitational
How do you get invited? Your 2014 Albatross Club Membership is your invitation. If you are a member of the Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club. You can do so by clicking here.

Cost
The cost for the event is $104.99
This includes:
*Greens Fees
*Cart Fees
*Range Balls
*THP Swag + Surprises
*Prizes

When & Where
March 29th
Lake Charles, LA - Contraband Bayou Golf Club
Tee Times begin at 9:30am

Contraband Bayou Golf Club, designed by world-renowned golf architect, Tom Fazio, complements
the lowland marsh features of the natural Louisiana environment to enhance a unique 7,077 yard, par-71
championship golf course. A combination of aquatic and natural vegetation on the edges of eight
spectacular lakes challenges golfers of all skill levels.

Additional rounds are being offered to THPers that are part of the Invitational at the cost of $35 after noon for Friday $39 for Sunday.

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format in which you will play your own golf ball. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.
Tee Times begin at 9:30am
Initially open for 32 golfers
If more sign up, there will be a waiting list created.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women of all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).

Prizes
Bridgestone Golf being the sponsor has graciously provided us with fantastic prizes. The winning team will each receive equipment, however because the item in question is not released as of yet, we cannot provide the details. But rest assured, the prizes will be announced prior to the event taking place.

Winning teams will also receive 2014 THP Invitational Trophies as well as a spot in the THP Events Hall of Fame.

Dinner
After the tournament is complete, we will be gathering for food and fun at a local place TBA closer to the event date.

Lodging
While this is not a stay and play event, we know that many THPers will be traveling in and will look for a place to stay. THP has set up a hotel for you at a discounted rate for those that would like to take advantage of it. It is just a few miles from the golf course. The rooms are being held for those that want to take advantage of the discounted rate of $114 + taxes.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Lake Charles, LA
402 North MLK Hwy
Lake Charles LA 70601
Call: (337)491-6600 and tell them you are with The Hackers Paradise Group, to receive this rate and be put with our block of rooms.

Signing Up
The THP Invitational only has a limited amount of spots, therefore, signing up in advance is crucial to reserve your spot. Signup will take place Thursday, January 16th at 1pm EST. At that time we will post instructions in this thread (updating this 1st post) on how signup will take place. At the time of signup, a $50 non-refundable deposit will be do to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the event.

Send an email to golfergal@thehackersparadise.com
You must include this info
Your real name
Your forum name
Your handicap index (if you do not have one or know it, please use your best guess)
RH or LH
Current golf ball used

Teams
Mward & OITW
Michigan Slice & easy8

#Cookie & Shakey
Miller Time & Barberakb

bhilton & nomadic_duffer
JeffReedMO & TripleBogieTim

Jank & capt.dru
Vegan702 & threeboysdad

v.man & mikeg_74
afwcardinal & Kpop

EnglishTurn & Grizbear
sposey013168 & O'Carroll

jholl2277 & jflores
bryanmac520 & TexasBubba

Dgvillere & Roliver
Jskittle & bigtazz53

Last edited:
Havent played here, but have heard nothing but good things and its again another TOP course in the state. Looking forward to seeing who makes the trip for this amazing weekend!

Another awesome chance to meet and play with the THP family! I'm sure this will fill up very quickly.

Let's keep the fast sellout tradition going guys. Can't wait to see who fills up this event.

Also, how awesome is it that the course in Louisiana is named "Contraband"? Very fitting name for the bayou.

Nice! I love Fazio courses. I'm sure this invitational will be another quick sellout!

Boom, all the details there for the taking!!

Love that they are giving us some fantastic prices as well for pre & post tourney fun!

I will be around on Thursday to get signed up and then just need to figure out lodging, can't wait!

The practice rounds are a great idea/rate. Nice work THP!

I will be there! Nice rates on Friday and Sunday as well!

I'll definitely be signing up for this one.

Boom, all the details there for the taking!!

Love that they are giving us some fantastic prices as well for pre & post tourney fun!

I will be around on Thursday to get signed up and then just need to figure out lodging, can't wait!

There is a lodging deal in the first post as well. Pretty good deal too.

________________________________________________________________________________

Im hoping we see some AL and AR residents in this one. I know that most of those guys have not made THP events in the past and this one being closer we hoped would help.

Im hoping we see some AL and AK residents in this one. I know that most of those guys have not made THP events in the past and this one being closer we hoped would help.

Alaska?!?! :alien:

This looks like a good Birthday gift to myself. looking at the map, where would be the best place to fly in? It seems to be half-way from New Orleans or Houston.

This looks like a good Birthday gift to myself. looking at the map, where would be the best place to fly in? It seems to be half-way from New Orleans or Houston.

If you cant fly directly into Lake Charles (smaller airport), Houston being a couple of hours away is probably the best bet.

If you cant fly directly into Lake Charles (smaller airport), Houston being a couple of hours away is probably the best bet.

From my understanding there seems to be a good amount that are going to go this route and then do a big carpool from Houston to Lake Charles.

I know nothing about this part of LA, never heard of this course before, and am already flying to events twice in March...yet I really want to attend this one.

There is a lodging deal in the first post as well. Pretty good deal too.

________________________________________________________________________________

Im hoping we see some AL and AR residents in this one. I know that most of those guys have not made THP events in the past and this one being closer we hoped would help.

Oh definitely agree. I saw that just meant as far as how many/who will share a room.

5 1/2 hours per google maps from my house. Thinking I will depart early Friday and catch an afternoon round at the incredible discounted rate they are offering us. Should work out perfectly!

Very excited about this one. Never played golf in that area, but would love to. Hope to make it into this one with a few others from the DFW crew.

Got a chance to look at the course and it is incredible.. I am now rethinking which Invitationals I want to get into..

That course looks incredible, I can't wait to see who makes it into this one it's going to be a blast.

Man, living a bit out this way makes my excitement frustration, but it's all me (I've got something already that overrides that!). Another great opportunity folks and this should be another great venture for all lucky enough to get in. Good luck everyone!

Wow. Nice job on this one Mike. Great price at what looks like a beautiful course.

Sounds like a great event at an awesome venue! I am going to just have to stick with the HHI as my big March THP event as I have a big tourney at home that I am already committed to that conflicts with this event. Good luck to all trying to get in!

I've got a friend in Lafayette and it's only an hour away.. I may have to make the trip!

Back