The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to come down that way Brian. Was worried about the weather though.

Do it.

On a side note, I buried a 7 iron into my garage door opener. Big fail there.

I think I shall.

I'm sorry, but the second part has me cracking up.

Do it.

On a side note, I buried a 7 iron into my garage door opener. Big fail there.

Yikes... the problems with having to practice indoors. Practicing in my basement, I've had a few swings follow through into floor joists, but thankfully it was minor contact.

Was windy and wet... but will take what I can get at this point. Holla' if you make your way down this way.

Will do.

Yea LOL at the opener. Razor margins to avoid it and just slipped up on where I put the mat.

Stupidly busy weekend, but got a chance to try out the new orange whip today. Proceeded to smash the ball afterwards and that felt really good after a crap session yesterday. Tempo and lower body were in sync finally. Also magically cured my toe ball issues by standing an inch closer to the ball. Why didn't I think of that earlier. Some putting too.

Every now and then I tell myself to get closer and it magically cures toe ball. I think mentally it's hard cause the fear of introducing the ball to el hosel creeps in ur head

It felt odd at first, but in reality I don't think I'm even close to crowding the ball. It was almost immediate Mike.

It felt odd at first, but in reality I don't think I'm even close to crowding the ball. It was almost immediate Mike.

For me it's tough cause so many times I feel my hands are stuck on the inside and getting that close mentally makes it worse....yes I'm a head case

Did some drills to maintain shoulder tilt at the top of my back swing

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Went to the range and worked on keeping the club-face square, hitting down on the ball, and finishing my swing. Also putted for a while.

Little #THPMC chipping practice with my boy Brix!

Rolled the Seemores I just got on my birdieball putting green.

Learning to love me some Seemore!

So awesome. Wish my boxer would give the ball back, so I could do this.

maybe he will help you get up and down for pars this year, lol

As far as practice goes, I had a lesson today and then practiced it for about an hour. One of the best practice sessions I have had, maybe ever.

Hawk would love to see you come down here and hit some on the range. Me and Brian had a good time last weekend and he even was helping me on my swing. Thanks Brian!!

So awesome. Wish my boxer would give the ball back, so I could do this.

Haha I don't even have to fight for him to give it back. As soon as I set up to the next ball he drops the one I just chipped to him, it's pretty awesome.

No range time today & I'm noticing a trend, when I warm up I play much better.
But my putting practice paid off today. Changed stance, stroke & alignment.

My wife is going to take some video for me this weekend if the weather is decent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Managed to sneak a quick range session and it appears (based on the rubber tee marks on the sole of my driver) that I have developed an out-to-in swing path which is killing me

My swing just felt so disconnected but when I made a conscious effort to keep my right arm closer to my body I was getting a much better contact so at least I know what to work on for a while until I get things grooved again

What kind of ceiling height are we needing for a garage setup?

I think mine is 10 feet Mike. More than enough room (if you watch out for the garage door opener).

Solid time on the range this morning, only really mis-hit 4 out of 77 balls so I'm really happy with consistency in my ball striking. Accuracy is much improved too. I've been playing and practising a lot recently and its definitely paying off.

Saturday I was back in golftec for a practice session. I spent about 1.25 hours in the hitting bay only with my 6 iron trying to groove the more on plane swing from my last lesson, getting to a good finishing position (straight left arm, weight to left side).

I made some decent progress, here's some screen shots of the swing.

This first shot shows half way down on the backswing. Clubhead is in a pretty good position (shaft "resting" on right arm)

7F84133A-2223-415D-9615-9DFBCCF38178_zpscymdht89.jpg

At impact, head slightly falling away from target, but left arm straight. Need to get more over the ball with left side. Left leg ideally straigtening out more by now too. Work yet to be done!

DF8CBA67-DAD7-4BA6-8C95-062E1BEA5E23_zpsjz8lxpw0.jpg

I think mine is 10 feet Mike. More than enough room (if you watch out for the garage door opener).

Im gonna have to take a look, theres a low hanging beam that supports the opener that might be a problem

but the opener is busted anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back