The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some work in the mirror last night just working on takeaway and stopping the swing before I went back to far and got my legs and hips out of position.

My flexibility is horrible!

What the crap dude, this is crazy and your not that bad of a case to take on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

well, I'll see if they call today and then try 2 more guys on monday

Just sent you a PM with some info on a guy I met this past summer while golfing.

If they can't be bothered to call you back, it hints that they aren't really interested and probably not worth chasing

If I had someone wanting something from me, even if I was fully booked, I would at least want to explain that to potential customers rather than just ignore them. A courtesy call to acknowledge your request doesn't take anything other than a few minutes of your time

Been hitting about 50 balls a night in my basement and really working on a few things like not shifting backwards in my back swing and starting the downswing with my hips and not my arms. Really starting to see some good progress, but am so anxious to get outside and see actual ball flight. Left elbow starting to get a little sore, so going to take the weekend off and just work on putting, but this is the most excited I've been about golf in my life.

Just spent 2 hours in the short game area today. Then 1 hr on the range. It has a specific purpose now with the Morgan Cup coming. I worked with my coach for 1hr in the short game area. Just a few small adjustments were huge. But I am making a effort to get better not just for me but also for my team.

Went to my 1st real golf lesson today. If this guy is as good a teacher as he is a motivator, I should be in prime shape by the time the Morgan Cup gets here.

I've decided I'm not practicing inside anymore for the rest of the winter.

Why?

Because I'm getting myself all screwed up (again) with what I should be working on. Keeping the arms straight on the backswing? Leading with my right elbow during the transition? Releasing the wrists? NOT releasing the wrists? Weight on the lead leg upper thigh on the backswing, or on the inside of my right toe? Do I have too much cup when I c0ck my wrists or what?

Not being able to see ballflight while trying different things has me questioning WHY I'm practicing them. And the last thing I want to do is ingrain a bad move that'll take more effort to work out once the spring hits. So for now I'm just going to putt in the living room, and find a wedge with bounce that I can chip onto the couch with, and that's pretty much it.

Hit about 100 balls in the basement tonight. I put some face tape on and couldn't believe how well I'm hitting into the sweet spot now. Great to see progress.

Lesson today with tempo being a focus.

Home watching the farmers insurance event.

Think I'll putt for awhile.

Just got done hitting about 50 balls in the basement and putting. I also taped my self and seems like I am still dropping my head but I am still getting consistant strikes on the ball. Wish I can figure this head drop issue out. Hopefully next week lessons ill figure it out.

Pretty excited to get back into the lesson swing today at Golftec. I've got some goals that aren't going to happen unless I do the work early.

Hit the range last night and I'm still struggling with the irons off the turf. The inconsistency was expected after 2.5 months off as the sequence goes something like this: fat, perfect, thin, perfect, fat, etc... I decided to hit the rest of my irons off a tee and just focus on ball first with divot in front of tee. Driver, 3W and hybrids were great so at least there were some positives. Tempted to go see my instructor next weekend.

Canes is the healing holding up to the practice?

Canes is the healing holding up to the practice?

Yeah the tibia is 100% healed but the ligaments around the left ankle are about 80%. I have an ankle brace which helps with stability but still can't "hold the finish" until the ball lands like I used to. I need to get on video but I bet I'm hanging back just enough to cause the inconsistent shots.

Thanks for asking bro! :D

I spent some time on the practice green yesterday doing an up and down drill. Thanks to something Freddie said I another thread I made a slight adjustment. Instead of thinking about getting up and down in no more than 3 strokes I was thinking about making the chip/pitch or one putting.

Went to the range today. Prettty sure the golf gods were teasing me. Something just clicked today. Found a grove ive been looking for. Swing was solid, good balance and my baby fade was landing within 5 yards or target. Everything felt great. Wasnt long but pretty accurate.

I'd take accuracy over length ever day of the week!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Stupidly busy weekend, but got a chance to try out the new orange whip today. Proceeded to smash the ball afterwards and that felt really good after a crap session yesterday. Tempo and lower body were in sync finally. Also magically cured my toe ball issues by standing an inch closer to the ball. Why didn't I think of that earlier. Some putting too.

Stupidly busy weekend, but got a chance to try out the new orange whip today. Proceeded to smash the ball afterwards and that felt really good after a crap session yesterday. Tempo and lower body were in sync finally. Also magically cured my toe ball issues by standing an inch closer to the ball. Why didn't I think of that earlier. Some putting too.

You aren't helping my urge to pick up an Orange Whip. Tempo is my nemesis, the OW just makes sense to me.

10 minutes and I hit the ball better than I have in along time. It forces you to sync up and rotate Get the real one imo. I've wanted one for so long.

10 minutes and I hit the ball better than I have in along time. It forces you to sync up and rotate Get the real one imo. I've wanted one for so long.

Yep, I've talked myself out of it about 30 times, no idea why. It makes so much sense.

Had a terrible day at work. Got mad and went to a local course and worked on pitching and chipping for an hour and a half. Left myself a lot of tap ins from 50-60yds. Holed out a lot as well. Also had some pathetic what was that results too.

And I will now be by golfsmith tomorrow to get one. I just have heard to many good things. And tempo is huge for me.

Do it.

On a side note, I buried a 7 iron into my garage door opener. Big fail there.

That's awesome, I got one half way through last season and helped me a ton. Only training aid I continue to use regularly. It really does work.

Got out to the range today after work to hit a bucket; mats were soaking wet from the snow and was slipping quite a bit... but good to get out and swing the sticks before the temp drops again. Worked on shoulder turn creating separation and maintaining posture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back