Atlanta Snowmagedden 2014

wluker17

Reaction score
Handicap
This is Heritage Golf Links across from my house today. I think the greens might be rolling a little slow today.
C7D6F00A-822C-46D5-8E53-3CFF93974019_zpsee907a0t.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The first hole looked more like a ski slope.
C813EB29-E76F-4EB5-B188-5F59078A9B1C_zpssbv4vjvg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The sand traps are a little more of a hazard too.
553C8401-0F2A-4343-9B2A-0D081B1EE29A_zpsfjkxsuir.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This doesn't happen too often down here.

My stepson is still stuck in Good Hope, Ga. :act-up: Oh well he could be in worse places and back in Vegas huh? :D

This thread makes me smile.

The news just showed the highway. People just left their cars on the road, and walked away. Crazy stuff.
Hope everything clears up soon down south.

Last edited:
This is Heritage Golf Links across from my house today. I think the greens might be rolling a little slow today.
C7D6F00A-822C-46D5-8E53-3CFF93974019_zpsee907a0t.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The first hole looked more like a ski slope.
C813EB29-E76F-4EB5-B188-5F59078A9B1C_zpssbv4vjvg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The sand traps are a little more of a hazard too.
553C8401-0F2A-4343-9B2A-0D081B1EE29A_zpsfjkxsuir.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This doesn't happen too often down here.

Oh and by the way, great pics wluker! I'd like to play that course once the snow thaws out :thumb:

It's a fun course with a good bit of slope.
I hope your son is someplace warm.

War Eagle from my iPhone

I love seeing the snow reach so far south. Let's just hope it is all melted in about a month and a half

The general manager of my ATLANTA office left at 1pm yesterday and arrived home at midnight. Abandoned his truck on the road and walked the last 10 miles. We have employees stranded at the convention center, I feel for the city of Atlanta or any city not prepared for snow

Just a small taste of what we get. You will all be in shorts within a week and the white stuff long gone

It's a fun course with a good bit of slope.
I hope your son is someplace warm.

War Eagle from my iPhone

He has been with us for the last few days and was due to flight out today at 06:00 p.m. There is no possible way for me to try and drive to the Atlanta airport and back today. I tried to get him to jump on my buddies crop duster and flight out but he passed on the idea. :confused2:

I know it's all about where you live and all...but that's nothing. Granted, right now there is basically NO snow in Kansas, but seeing a city shut down and cars on the road like that...for less than 2 inches of snow, sort of makes me laugh. If feel bad typing that, but if we don't have a foot or more on the ground, the kids still get to school around here. lol

Right when I say I want to move further south. This weather is out of control. If you can't go south where can you go?!?

Im just glad things aren't as bad here in Columbia, SC. We got snow but things aren't as bad as they are in Atlanta.

I know it's all about where you live and all...but that's nothing. Granted, right now there is basically NO snow in Kansas, but seeing a city shut down and cars on the road like that...for less than 2 inches of snow, sort of makes me laugh. If feel bad typing that, but if we don't have a foot or more on the ground, the kids still get to school around here. lol

It's the low teen temps and ice that put Atlanta in a deep funk. Not enough salt trucks, snow plows, etc. to make the icy roads passable.

I feel for you guys. While many laugh at us, Dallas was in the same scenario back in late 2013. We were simply not equipped to deal with the weather. Stay safe all!

1-2 inches?

Just been crazy up here in North GA. Took my mom over 8 hrs to get home last night. So blessed that my boss let us work from home yesterday or I would have been one of those out in this

Who would have guessed that a game between the Pistons and Hawks in ATL would get cancelled?

Heck we had truck drivers from all over the country driving through and they ended up jack knifed across the interstates. I think the terrible temps/icy conditions put a city not prepared and never use to these type conditions, into a real disaster situation. It's one that Atlanta will never forget.

This thread makes me smile.

Oh. Oh. Can you tell us how you guys do it up there? Because it's so easy for you.

When I think about the people stuck in their cars on the interstate overnight or people who had to sleep in a pharmacy or grocery store because the government here was too incompetent to simply salt the roads, what I love is people from the north telling us how they do things.

I will use a leaf blower for 1-2"

Oh. Nevermind. You already did. Hilarious.

I'll tell my paralegal about this on Friday. Since it only took her about 13 hours to drive home yesterday, she'll find it humorous.

Oh. Oh. Can you tell us how you guys do it up there? Because it's so easy for you.

When I think about the people stuck in their cars on the interstate overnight or people who had to sleep in a pharmacy or grocery store because the government here was too incompetent to simply salt the roads, what I love is people from the north telling us how they do things.

We will revisit this conversation when it's 100° in July and is Yankees are crying/sweating.

Back