Odyssey Putters Thread

Yes the feel on the MXM is so different. Doesn't feel like an insert

The MXM is not an insert at all. Its a milled putter. Just a little different process of milling the face. They use an acid milling instead of the traditional machine milling.

The MXM is not an insert at all. Its a milled putter. Just a little different process of milling the face. They use an acid milling instead of the traditional machine milling.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already. I have read and seen all about the chemical milling process. The one question I have is during Josh's interview at the show with Greg Sabella, Greg said that if they did a true milling on the face it would end up being a $900 putter. So why then does Bettinardi, Scotty, etc not charge that price and is it because they too use a chemical milling process?

Dev, they were referring to the unique metal x style milling pattern in the mxm, not just the standard milling like on every other milled putter on the market.

Nobody else has the dimpled milling pattern like the mxm line has

Man some awesome Odyssey putters in here. I would post a picture of mine, but it just wouldn't do justice. Excited to see which style my wife picks up my second Odyssey flatsticks.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already. I have read and seen all about the chemical milling process. The one question I have is during Josh's interview at the show with Greg Sabella, Greg said that if they did a true milling on the face it would end up being a $900 putter. So why then does Bettinardi, Scotty, etc not charge that price and is it because they too use a chemical milling process?

Joe's right but I want to expand a bit. It would be so labor intensive to mill each oval on the face. Also with as small of a bit needed to use, they would break a lot of bits and that's where more cost would come in.

As for the Scotty's and Betti's, their production lines are right in the sand price point as the MXM. When you get into the one-off customs is where you see the higher price tag.

Got the black putter shaft installed, giving the Winn Pro X 1.18 grip, hit a few on our putting green and liked the feel so far.

161hyer.jpg

16a1enb.jpg

Gonna defiantly roll an odyssey at demo day

Picked up some more putters last week to add to the collection.

tMOzyXf.png

Picked up some more putters last week to add to the collection.

tMOzyXf.png

Nice collection, always been a fan of the #9.

Thor - what model is the tour design white hot? Or did I just answer my own question

Thor - what model is the tour design white hot? Or did I just answer my own question

It's the Japan only Black Series iX, has the tour only insert, supposed to be a bit firmer.

So, what style putters do you like?

LOL. These are actually my first #9's. I posted a picture about a month ago or so of the other ones in my collection: a couple #7's and a custom #1wide. Soon to add a MXMilled 9ht, then Versa MXMilled 9ht. Might get a 330m as well.

Yup that's my boy xThor. Pure Ody 9 Junkey.

It's a beautiful shape. No good for me to actually putt with, but some of you guys do great with them.

It's a beautiful shape. No good for me to actually putt with, but some of you guys do great with them.
Without a doubt, my favorite putter shape. I just wish I could actually putt well with one.

Great collection Thor! I have recently jumped on the #9 train and I couldn't be happier. Need one of those white Damascus...

Great collection Thor! I have recently jumped on the #9 train and I couldn't be happier. Need one of those white Damascus...
How are you rolling it, dude?

Same here dude. I couldn't get the ball to start on line for some reason.

How are you rolling it, dude?

Much better than I ever have. The Versa version changed my putting game and now with the MXM I think it's going to be even better. Such a great putter.

Same here dude. I couldn't get the ball to start on line for some reason.
Same issue I have, just cant get the club face square at impact with that shape. Could be all mental, at this point, but it just doesnt jive with my stroke.

Much better than I ever have. The Versa version changed my putting game and now with the MXM I think it's going to be even better. Such a great putter.
Could be the issue I have with it is that I set up with an open face with the #9. I bet the versa paintjob helps a ton with alignment on something like this shape.

Glad she's treating you well.

I'm deciding between a bwb versa #9 or pro type #9 to add to my stable. Hmm

Back